Where's The Dragon Vapor?

I'll start this off by reminding you that I'm a vapor virgin so excuse me if my questions seem ignorant in the true sense.

I have a zmax with a 18650 battery, a dual tank (cotton filler) with a 3.0 atomizer. I use a blend called "primo" which is a tobacco flavor with a hint of vanilla. With that being said........I watch tutorials to try and understand how Ohm's voltage and watts all work but it is way to greek for me. I watch these videos and try to memick them with settings but when they vap........they are full blow out dragons. When I do it, I stink......I can not seem to hit mine hard enough to create that wonderful cloud (that I could do with nasty cig's) which is part of the vaping experience. Is it the atomizer, batteries, mixture or a combination of the 3? Oh btw, my drags hurt my throat and I cough up a storm so I had to cut my wattage to a 6, any higher and I'm miserable. I'm also afraid of buring up my automizer, is that possible?

Others with more experience than I possess will most likely chime in with advice about your other questions. I just wanted to ask...in your e-liquid, do you know what the ratio of PG/VG it is? The higher VG (vegetable glycerin) that is in the e-liquid, the more vapor it will produce. Also, I suspect the 3.0 ohm atomizer might hinder the vapor production but I'm not too sure about that. If it is the higher ohm atty, you might want to go to a lower resistance like a 2.0 or 1.5 ohm.

On my variable voltage eGo batteries I find myself swimming in vapor at a lower voltage (3.3 or 3.7) if I'm vaping a 50 PG/50 VG ratio.

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

when I first bought my zmax I recieved some automizers but burned one up in 1 1/2 days so I went back to the store to get advice on how not to do that again. She gave me the 3.0's so that I could play more safly with my settings.......but now my vap is gone. I thank you for your comment about the ratio, I had no idea that there was such a thing. What is PG? and what should be higher the PG or the VG? Do they list it in order of PG/VG or VG/PG?

when I first bought my zmax I recieved some automizers but burned one up in 1 1/2 days so I went back to the store to get advice on how not to do that again. She gave me the 3.0's so that I could play more safly with my settings.......but now my vap is gone. I thank you for your comment about the ratio, I had no idea that there was such a thing. What is PG? and what should be higher the PG or the VG? Do they list it in order of PG/VG or VG/PG?

PG is propylene glycol, it carries the flavors better and is much thinner than VG (vegetable glycerin). More VG = more vapor, thicker liquid. Many of the e-liquid vendors (but not all) give you a choice of PG/VG ratio.

Personally, I'd recommend a lower resistance atomizer (1.5, 1.8 or 2.0 ohm) and start with a 50/50 ratio of PG/VG liquid. I love the Boge brand of atomizer at 2.0 ohm and either a 50/50 or 60 PG/40 VG e-juice if I'm wanting a lot of vapor. Also, the lower the nic level, the lower the throat hit and more flavor.

On one site I saw that they listed 24 mg of nicotine is like a pack of full flavor cigarettes (like a pack of Marlboro reds). 12 mg = lights and 6 mg = ultra lights. I use those numbers loosely but it's a good guideline. :)

Most sites that give you a choice will list the ratio as 60 PG/40 VG or 40 VG/60 PG.

If you take a look at the sticky posts in the noobie section of this forum, there's a lot of information there. Also, if you go on the EC Blends site and look at their FAQs, you'll find more information than you could ever want. Good luck!

Edited by Tameiki

I'll start this off by reminding you that I'm a vapor virgin so excuse me if my questions seem ignorant in the true sense.

I have a zmax with a 18650 battery, a dual tank (cotton filler) with a 3.0 atomizer. I use a blend called "primo" which is a tobacco flavor with a hint of vanilla. With that being said........I watch tutorials to try and understand how Ohm's voltage and watts all work but it is way to greek for me. I watch these videos and try to memick them with settings but when they vap........they are full blow out dragons. When I do it, I stink......I can not seem to hit mine hard enough to create that wonderful cloud (that I could do with nasty cig's) which is part of the vaping experience. Is it the atomizer, batteries, mixture or a combination of the 3? Oh btw, my drags hurt my throat and I cough up a storm so I had to cut my wattage to a 6, any higher and I'm miserable. I'm also afraid of buring up my automizer, is that possible?

You may be inhaling the vapor wrong, which can cause a whole lotta coughing. Dont inhale it like we used to do cigs. Inhale slowly into the mouth first and then into the lungs. Dont mainline it directly into your lungs.

A lower resistance carto ,and dial the voltage back then slowly bring it up .Should be around 3.7 to 4 volts for most normal people.If that don't help I would try a different manufacturer of liquid.They are not all created equal.

I think I'll be going back to my vapor store tomorrow with my daughter becasue she agrees with me that part of "smoking" was that the cloud we produced was all part of our addiction to cigs. We need that with our zmax. We will be getting some smother flavors and the good thing about this store is that you get to test several products. Also might go with a lower atomizer for more effect (right now we are at a 3.0). Thank you for all your advice.

And have them explain to you how to use the Z-Max properly. It can either be used as a variable voltage device... or a variable power device. You need to understand the difference between the two... and how to use it in each setting. Many people like the variable power (variable wattage) setting because once you find your 'sweet spot'... you can simply set it to 8.5 watts (if that's what you like) and it will adjust the output for any atomizer or cartomizer that you screw on to the device. In other words, if you have some 2.0 ohm atomizers and some 3.0 ohm atomizers, it will read the resistance and adjust the power output of the device to the specified 8.5 watts from before. Good luck and enjoy.

Well, we set out yesterday to the vap store. We spend about 40 min with a great salesrep (all of them have been wonderful) and I did not know this but the darker your liquid the harder it can hit your throat and clog up your cartomizers. So here is what I did. I have 2 tanks one with a 2.0 cartomizer for my clearer land the other is my old wick.....something........I'm still ignorant on the correct terminology but am getting better at knowing the parts of my new best freind. Anyway, I also bought a new flavor that is clear and fruity. They call it "summertime" and its like chewing the old gum "stripe" - you kinow the gum with all the colors in a fruity stripe formation. I absolutly love it. I also got a 5/10 adapter which seems to cut down on the hard hit in the back of the throat which has allowed me to crank my zmax to an 8 instead of a 3.5. I can now blow out vap just as I did smoke- and my cravings for a stink bomb has decreased even more. I'M A HAPPY GIRL. Not wanting to waste the 120 ml bottle of the harsh liquid, I'm now mixing a little of that into my fruity flavors - fruity tobbaca.

I tend to agree with the loose theory about mgs of nic being equivalent to certain strengths of analogs. I used to smoke Camels and use a 24mg@ 50/50 mix and it satisfies me. Although as a new vapor you want to start on a lower end and work up until you reach your sweet spot. It's not all about being a dragon. Sure it looks good on a review video but it doesn't mean a thing if your not satisfied. So try different things and levels, you'll find something that suits you and your needs. It doesn't happen overnight though. It took me several months to find what worked for me and I'm still discovering things that I either don't like or make it even better. Bottom line is that it's all subjective.

I am a Zmax owner, too, and it's been my experience that juicers (cartos/atties/tanks) behave differently at different power settings.

My CE2 "wicking" tank cartos work well at 7 watts...anything higher results in a burnt, harsh vape. My poly-filled tank cartos provide the best taste at 8 watts...anything less results in a cool, weak vape. I have several drip atties that work really well at 8 watts, and a couple of dual-coil atties that don't start hitting their stride 'til around 10 watts.

I guess you just have to find the sweet spot for the juicer as well as the juice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuTLkwiGsII

• 2 weeks later...