Empire Mods

Tam

This past Wednesday I was at home waiting for the landline repair person to come fix a line that most likely had been chewed through by gophers in our area when I got a phone call from Keith at Empire Mods. He was calling to apologize for my order being delayed and to let me know about its status.

If you're not aware, Empire Mods is in New York. Where Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc just recently. Keith lost power for about a week. New York is still trying to get back on its feet.

And Keith was apologizing for not having had the five cut drip shield in stock, not being able to machine a new one for me due to loss of electricity, and for the order being late due to no one being able to get around and regular postal delivery not being available.

Amazing.

Frankly, I was more worried about him and his family -- it doesn't matter that I don't know him at all other than to order from his store. After seeing the devastation Sandy left, the last thing I expected was for him to personally make that phone call to apologize for the order being late. When I ordered I chose the 1st class mail option. Keith upgraded it to priority mail and added a few extra drip tips and goodies at no extra cost to me.

That's stellar customer service.

This drip shield now holds a wealth of memories for me and is something I'll cherish. It's a reminder that there is great customer service out there, as well as someone who puts his customers' needs above his own.

Wow.

Thanks, Keith. I'm happy and relieved to hear you're all safe, and if I wasn't a loyal customer of Empire Mods before, this act of kindness and service just clinched the deal.

I really enjoy the atomizers he carries as well ! Great customer service for sure... I too got a phone call when I had first gotten my Empire MOD and had a question for him... he just called me instead of trying to answer via email. Keith is a great guy!

I really enjoy the atomizers he carries as well ! Great customer service for sure... I too got a phone call when I had first gotten my Empire MOD and had a question for him... he just called me instead of trying to answer via email. Keith is a great guy!

The drip shields for eGo batteries really helped out when I started direct dripping. Must wander over there to see if he does custom jobs... :)

EmpireMods is an awesome vendor. I just wish they sold a SR or HR version of their Premium LR 1.5Ω 901 atty.

You are *so* not getting me into anything new, Rixter! I'm still working my way through the 901s you recommended to me a while back. :)

• 7 months later...

not to bump an old thread but i just placed an order from empire mods and the order has already shipped. i placed it yesterday at like 8pm and got an email verification today that it has left the warehouse. I didnt expect it to leave until at least monday. i mean its only a drip shield and and RDA but still... i thought that was awesome that they took time on a saturday to send it out. I will also be trying to purchase an empire MOD because i think its really awesome they are hand made in new york. :)

Haha, Tam i believe i'm the one that steered you in the direction of empiremods last year sometime. It's been nice to see you recommending them so much, because they are truly a top quality company.

I was in Basic when this thread was made which is y i never commented, we were in the woods when Sandy struck the coast. A field training exercise, it was soooooooo cold that night, and we had 100% roaming guard that night. No sleep, cold and not fun. lol

This is a little late but i did in fact receive my drip shield and my RDA IGO-W in the mail on monday. :) they have been awesome to deal with and when i asked what the free gift was actually used for keith called and told me it was a silicone drip tip extender. lol! so now i have a green dragon on top of a gold drip shield. :D

i will purchase from them again. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines