E-Cigg Destroy Our Teeth?

aceofpade

I have pretty nice teeth. (AND I'm British) I think most of the reviews probably come from persons who've been smoking most of their life. My teeth are also much whiter and I've never had a cavity in my life :)

Looks like you were pretty careful to close your mouth for your Avatar photo....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My dentist was ecstatic yesterday to learn I was almost 30 days on the vape instead of analogs. I even asked about it and he said nothing but sugar is worse for teeth than smoking and dipping-chewing. Oh my dentist is also my father in law lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Granted, frankly, I got dentures years ago, but what comes to mind are a couple different things - first, smoking doesn't usually cause tooth decay that I know of, but it does cause yellowing of the teeth. I smoked from when I was 15 to 39 (last month - I turned 39 in March), and I think I had TWO cavities, no, a couple more, before getting put on psych meds in 2001, which dried my mouth out something horrible, causing more decay. Also, another thing that started my "dental cascade" was, when I was pregnant (way back long time ago, 1996, I think), I had my first abscessed tooth. They didn't want to do a root canal on a pregnant woman for some reason - I mean, I could get a local anesthetic, I think it was just because I couldn't take pain pills afterward - so they pulled the tooth. Every time a tooth is pulled, your teeth spread. That leads to food getting stuck between your teeth more and more, and thus, more decay.

The other option I see, well, two. They were previous drug addicts (crack and heroine users are notorius for this issue), or they are using metal drip tips and literally beating the heck out of their teeth with it rather than keeping it just at the lips.

Or maybe the guys you are watching simply have poor dental hygeine - not brushing enough, or effectively, not flossing (okay, I was horrible about flossing), not getting frequent cleanings, etc. Frankly, a lot of people just don't care.

Oh, and don't forget, constant soda drinking (except diet) keeps your teeth bathed in sugar, not to mention acid eroding enamel, and constant drinking of any liquid OTHER than water keeps the saliva bathing your teeth, which can, again, cause erosion. Citrus fruits - again, erosion from the acidity, and your enamel can't heal, obviously.

Edited by spydre

• 2 weeks later...