Does The Nicotine Affect The Taste?

Just starting to experiment with different flavors. I am wondering if the nicotine content affect the taste. I ordered some samples and they only came in 10 mg nicotine. I am liking the watermelon one but it seems very light. Do you think if I got the same flavor in 20 mg that I would taste it more?

Just starting to experiment with different flavors. I am wondering if the nicotine content affect the taste. I ordered some samples and they only came in 10 mg nicotine. I am liking the watermelon one but it seems very light. Do you think if I got the same flavor in 20 mg that I would taste it more?

That's an interesting question, and one I'm curious to see what the answers you get are.

You didn't mention what PG/VG ratio you got, though. I've heard that more PG produces more flavor. Also, does this supplier offer extra or double flavor options?

It's been my experience that increasing the nicotine content above 18 mg diminishes the taste. Nicotine is the 'peppery' taste you get from a vape. That said, decreasing it under, say, 12 mg may also have the same affect. At least that has been my experience. I do only vape PG these days, however.

Heh.. I can assure you that the tongue and brain can sense the nicotine.

It's got a "bite" on the tongue, and I was getting really, really tired of NOT sensing it as I mixed a no-nic flavor for the nephew.

the nicotine doesn't really affect the flavor. The higher the nicotine the better the throat hit.

The lack of throat hit can affect the perception of flavor and feel a bit 'light'. The other option is the liquid itself. different vendors....different flavors, not all flavors are as strong as others.

I am fairly flavor challenged, I like stronger flavors....thats why I ended up doing alot of DIY.