Sr Or Lr?

Just wondering if there is a difference in the amount of vapor you get in a standard resistance clearomizer vs. a low resistance clearomizer? Or does that not really have anything to do with vapor production? I'm finding I get a very satisfying amount of vapor from the clearomizer that came with my CE4 starter kit. I ordered an extra clearomizer (chose standard resistance) and I don't seem to get a lot of vapor from that one. Or maybe there's something wrong with it? Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. Pay day is friday and I'm ordering some more stuff lol :)

it depends on what voltage your'e vaping at. resistance and voltage should be paired together.

low resistance (ohms)-low voltage

higher resistance-higher voltage

Depends on what wattage you want to vape at. ;)

Depends on what wattage you want to vape at. ;)

Absolutely. Everything depends on wattage. V²/R = P, where V is your battery's voltage, R is your atty/carto/tank's resistance, and P is power (in watts). There's an online calculator at http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-ohm.htm to help you achieve your desired power level. Remember, "safe" is between 4 and 8.5 watts...the higher the power, the hotter the vapor.

• 2 weeks later...

You're so right Tam! 50/50 + LR = Loads of Pretty Vapor! But...

I'm getting no taste whatsoever. And it's not the juice, because I've been vaping the same bottle on a SR clearo too, and I can taste it on that one. Wait, I lied. I am getting some taste.... burned plastic, but that's still some kind of taste, right? Yuck.

So, I'm thinking LR may not be compatible with whatever volts, watts, power or whatever my battery is capable of putting out. My dad has one of those tester thingies (that IS the technical term, right guys ;)) Anyway, I'll get a number and get back to you because I really love the draw and the vapor production of LR! :(

And, seeing that I love what a LR atty puts out for sheer volume of vapor, there's no point in finally ordering my back up battery until I know what I'm going to need to successfully vape big, beautiful clouds of tasty vapor. Just hope it doesn't break the bank.

What kind of battery are you currently using? That might be the culprit... maybe.

My tried and true are the eGo T 650 mAh pass throughs although I do have a couple different twists. eGo 650s are pretty inexpensive and very good work horses imo. :)

I'm using the battery that came with this...

http://www.ecigexpre...ct-color-p-1631

And now just noticing that it says eGo style battery. So I'm guessing it's not a true eGo.But, for 20 bucks it got me started. I've actually been looking at the eGo passthroughs. I used to use charging time as an excuse to take a break but, pffft, why would I want to do that? With a pass through I could vape 24/7! :animier:

Authentic ego's are made by Joye, right? So this would be good?....

http://www.ecigexpress.com/joye-ego-ego-batteries-and-charging-devices-c-58_60/joyetech-joye-ego-usb-passthrough-p-638

Edited by NorthernGirl

Yep, what Jeff said. When I started my main concern was that I didn't want to give myself an excuse to go back to analogs. A dead battery that I couldn't use because it was charging would've been a prime example so I got a pass through. They work great. :)

Thanks guys. Now I just have to decide.... do I wait until payday or order that bad boy now? :P

I think I'm also going to try the eGo-T atomizer, both SR (for use with this POS battery I have now) and LR for when I get my pass through

You guys have been great! Thanks so much :)

I found the trick to using my low res clearomizer. First, I have to start drawing on it without pressing the battery button, then press the button, then let go, then press again. Then the moon, stars, and sun all have to line up just so and during that brief cosmic miracle I can get two or three hits that taste good out of it lol.

I like lr when I'm taking quicker draws. It heats up faster and gives more vapor quicker, in like 3 seconds. SR for when I relax and can take a full 5 second drag and still get plenty of vapor and much more flavor.(unless I crank my twist to the max, then I'm choking on clouds)

Edited by Mike