Attomizers, Cartomizers, Lr, Sr, Single Coil, Dual Coil... Huh?

Tam

Okay, now that I'm officially addicted to dripping (thank you all for your GREAT advice in an earlier thread!), I have some more questions where I need your expertise.

At my local brick and mortar store I bought the essentials for dripping. They were a 5 pack of stainless steel 1.8 ohm atomizers. They're being used on eGO 650 pass throughs and an eGO C 1000 mAh twist. I am down to my last two attys and am looking to get moar backups before I go through them too.

My question is... what do I get?

1.) They should be 510 compatible, right?

2.) SR offers a cooler vape while a LR is warmer/hotter?

3.) What are these single and double coils all about? Can they be used with the eGO set up?

4.) Type A or Type B? (I'm using Type B right now -- I think)

4.a.) If I go with Type A, do I need more equipment, like something to make it compatible with my eGO batts?

5.) And I always thought a bridge was something you walked or drove over to get to the other side. What's it mean with e-cigs and attys? And do I want an atty with or without a bridge?

6.) If you would recommend something, would you please post a link to the page where I can go buy it?

Um... I think that's all the questions I have right now. Thanks for any advice and answers in advance. :)

I believe you are confusing dripping setups with the ego style tanks. For dripping all you need is either a 510 or 306 atty. Either SR or LR is up to you. You're right with the warmer/cooler deal. If you get a 306 just make sure you get a drip tip or you'll be out of luck lol. As far as bridges...that's a personal preference like resistance. I prefer bridge-less low resistance 901's but don't worry about any of that you'll get there. Just pick up a 510 or 306 and you'll be dripping like a pro! lol:D

1.) They should be 510 compatible, right?

Yes.

2.) SR offers a cooler vape while a LR is warmer/hotter?

Correct, but with the twist you could use a SR and turn the voltage up to get similar results.

3.) What are these single and double coils all about? Can they be used with the eGO set up?

Although there probably are some dual coil atomizers out now, I'm assuming you're talking about cartomizers (not for dripping)? Some cartomizers have two coils in them. Some people love them, while others... not so much. I've never been a big fan, they're just "ok" to me. They are popular for being used in a tank.

4.) Type A or Type B? (I'm using Type B right now -- I think)

Type A and Type B are eGo style atomizers. Type A is cone shaped and Type B is cylindrical.

This is a link to a standard 510 atomizer:

http://www.forevervapor.com/starter-kits/joye-ego/joye-510-ego-lr-atomizer/

And this is a Type A eGo atomizer:

http://www.foreverva...tomizer-type-a/

The Type B is similar to Type A, just cylindrical instead of cone shaped. You could use either one on your eGo batteries.

4.a.) If I go with Type A, do I need more equipment, like something to make it compatible with my eGO batts?

No. It will work on you eGo batteries. If you want to drip, make sure you're getting an eGo atomizer, not an eGo-T (tank) atomizer.

5.) And I always thought a bridge was something you walked or drove over to get to the other side. What's it mean with e-cigs and attys? And do I want an atty with or without a bridge?

If you look inside a 510 atomizer, you'll see a wire mesh "bridge" that goes over the coil. When using a 510 cart, this bridge helps pull juice from the cart and deliver it to the coil. As mse12 said, it's a matter of personal preference. Some swear by them, but I never noticed any difference.

Brian really gave you some solid answers. All that i'll add is that now you can buy what are called "dripping atty's". These are atomizers that have had the bridge and wicks already removed for you. Without a bridge or wick you get a cleaner flavor and a lighter draw.

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/brdg5108.htm

that's a really good dripping atty at a good resistance.

Okay, so I bought a Ego-t setup. I assume I can't direct drip with the atomizer that came with it. Good thing I read this as I was going to try it! Right now I'm using the clearomizers/stardust so I'm not even using the atomizers that came with the kit. Reading all this is like reading french! LOL. I hope one day it all just kicks in. Maybe I need to go to a brick and mortar store and spend some time there getting educated in person.

The eGo-T and the tanks are.. Well, good intro anyway.. (I got tired of the tiny capacity, then they start leaking, THEN you buy more plugs, etc, etc).

The Vision Version Two clearo's work well; the CE6 and E1's (Discount Vaper nomenclature at least) worked well and tasted nice.

The durability of the latter two is lower, the former higher, (the former in an offbrand that's nice is a Thor, also from Discount Vapers).

I've packed my VV2's and Thor for the nephew - I just discovered Mini-Nova's. 2ml and much easier to work with.

Brian really gave you some solid answers. All that i'll add is that now you can buy what are called "dripping atty's". These are atomizers that have had the bridge and wicks already removed for you. Without a bridge or wick you get a cleaner flavor and a lighter draw.

http://www.empiremod..._p/brdg5108.htm

that's a really good dripping atty at a good resistance.

Okay, I just ordered 5 of these. Can't wait to try them out. Thanks for the rec!

Wow, Brian, I never expected such a detailed reply. Thank you very much for so much information! It makes a lot more sense to me now. :)

Have you thought about putting an edited version of this on your store site? It would help people like me to make a decision on what to buy. Hopefully someday, you'll branch out to include more stuff in your store. I'll be waiting to pick them up there.

I believe you are confusing dripping setups with the ego style tanks.

Confusing me isn't too difficult, mse12. LOL!

With everyone's replies and information I now know that cartomizers, atomizers, and tanks are not interchangeable. All the references to 306, 510, 901... those were the most confusing. :wallbash:

My question is... what do I get?

I just posted a basic review of (and links to purchase) several reasonably-priced atties that I've tried over the past few weeks in search of "The Best One". You can find it

I just posted a basic review of (and links to purchase) several reasonably-priced atties that I've tried over the past few weeks in search of "The Best One". You can find it

Thanks, Rixter. Took your rec and ordered some. Hope they work as well for me as they did you!

Have you thought about putting an edited version of this on your store site? It would help people like me to make a decision on what to buy. Hopefully someday, you'll branch out to include more stuff in your store. I'll be waiting to pick them up there.

I've started working on something like that a few times, but I'm never happy with it so haven't put it on my site. It is something I'm working on though... I really need to put some serious time into it. I also hope to branch out and carry more products some day. :) I'm growing, slowly but surely.

I also hope to branch out and carry more products some day. :) I'm growing, slowly but surely.

If I might make a suggestion when you decide to carry more products? Add a couple of eGO compatible drip shields. When you do I'll be over to get them. :)

Okay, I just ordered 5 of these. Can't wait to try them out. Thanks for the rec!

Great choice. These are what I use all of the time... except I prefer the 1.5/1.7 ohm versions. Either way... I would highly recommend a 'drip shield' and a 'drip tip', for your dripping pleasure. http://www.empiremod...p/em901drip.htm

Oh, and I also use one of these to keep juice from spitting back in my mouth. http://www.empiremod..._p/chrryuni.htm They work like a champ... and by using all of the above items with your eGo battery... you can drip more than just a couple of drops at a time. (I drip 8 drops at a time with this setup.) This will greatly extend the life of your atty by keeping it nice and wet at all times... and provide outstanding flavor, etc. ! These atomizers easily last me for a few months, and then some, with no maintenance whatsoever.

This is simply what works for me and all of my devices... and it works great all of the time.

Edited by DAYVAPE