Noob From The North

NorthernGirl

I started looking into e cigs as a way to quit smoking. Lately, I've just had it with analogs.... sick of the taste, sick of the smell etc, etc. What really did it for me though, was when I picked up my daughter from her first cross-country running practice and she was crying because she said she couldn't breathe after a few minutes of running and she wanted to quit. I did that to her. (Yes, my husband and I were those evil people who still smoked in the house with our kids around.)

Hubs quit about 5 months ago using a prescription. I hate taking pills, so I knew that wouldn't be an option for me. In spite of everything I hate about smoking, I love the actual habit of it. Weird, huh? And the nic addiction? Horrendous! So, did a bit of research and ordered this:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/manager-s-specials-c-86/ce4-quick-starter-kit-special-buy-p-1631 (plus a couple bottles of ejuice)

So far it's working pretty good. I wanted something cheap that would let me know whether this would work for me. After a few setbacks (who knew screwing the battery on too tight would cause you to get absolutely NO vapor lol) I'm mostly satisfied with the experience. Even though I've smoked some analogs since my kit came in on Saturday, I love that I don't smell. It's the end of the day and my hair still smells like shampoo and my clothes still smell like fabric softener. There is no cloud hanging over my chair in the living room and the kids are thrilled that mom is trying to quit. My goal is to eventually be nicotine free, but that may take a while.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Wish me luck!

Getting away from the stinky smell on clothes, hair, car, etc. is the biggest thing for me. Also it's much less harmful to others around you (at least it is in my opinion). Congrats on being determined to make the change. Your body and your family will be much happier/healthier.

Welcome to Vapor Talk NorthernGirl. I'm south of the border from you but NH is one of my favorite states. -- Live Free or Die!

i would suggest some lr boge 510 cartomizers, a small cone for your eGo, a drip tip or two, and maybe a lr 510 atomizer but you may want to wait on that last one till ya get the basics down. also i don't know how much you used to smoke but it's always good to have a backup battery or two. eGo's are cheap so it wouldn't hurt to pick up a spare, you've already got the charger

Backups and extras never go to waste. Don't forget to grab a few different flavors. You might be surprised what you like and your tastes might change after a while also. Most of us don't just stick with one flavor and if you get one that you don't like just put it away for a while and try it again in the future. Some will grow on you and some you'll like right away.

Thanks again for the welcomes and suggestions. I've got some grape ejuice that I'm going to switch over to pretty soon here... also going to order a couple more flavors. Today was my first official "really try to quit smoking" day. I had my last analog this morning at around 0630 (last one of my last pack). So far so good. I am a little crankier than usual, but it's hard to tell if it's the change or if it's this nasty cold. Question though....

Are there any good videos out there on how to clean the clearomizer that I have? I'm kinda nervous about having to take it apart.

Still tobacco free! :animier:

Although ugh... this would be so much more fun if this head cold wasn't kicking my @$$. I can hardly taste it when I vape, throat is a bit irritated, nose is plugged and I've been snortin' Afrin a couple times a day just to feel like my head is above water. Of course that, combined with the quitting cigs, is making me a bit lightheaded. I'm hoping it's just my cold and not my nicotine strength. Sorry... I'll stop whining now lol

I asked the live support on ecigexpress.com what strength I should order and they suggested 18 mg. I used to smoke 1 pack a day of Marlboro Lights. Sound about right to you guys? I'd hate to start taking in more nicotine than before.

even if you went to 24mg you wouldn't be taking in more nicotine than you were at a pack a day. how's your throat hit (th) with the 18mg? if it's acceptable for you then there's no reason to use a higher nic content. if you feel it's lacking then the 24mg or somewhere in between may just help you get through those "craving a cig" days a lot easier.

the biggest role nic plays in e juice is th. if you don't feel your'e getting enough order a slightly higher nic content

I was a pack (+) per day, marlboro lights. 18 is my day to day strength, sometimes I feel I need a bit more and kick it up to 24mg.

Like, blucavvy said....its really about what works for you. you may need to play with a few strengths to find the right one.

Its hard with a cold however.....sorry about that....sucks being sick. quitting smoking unfortunately doesn't help that in the short term, but is amazing in the longer term.

Hang in there.

I ordered an extra clearomizer from sweet vapes when I ordered some juice. Now I'm not sure if I ordered the right thing. I chose the standard resistance instead of low resistance. The thing I'm having the hardest time understanding about the whole vaping thing is compatibility. When I went shopping for kit I was all "woohoo 20 bucks!" and didn't read the note...

NOTE: This battery will only work with the provided CE4. You can use other CE4's, but you may have to pull up the battery contact point by using a tweezers or paperclip.

This is what I ordered from SV. It didn't look any different that the one I have, so I'm hoping it works

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1156&category_id=39

And THIS (lol) is what I'm looking at ordering for back up / extra...

http://www.vaporleaf.com/Ego-U-Set-900Mah-With-Clearomizers-p/ego-u-set-blk-900.htm

Seem like a good deal? $45 seemed nice and low for two set-ups with a charger.

Thats the one I bought and will work with the clearomizers you got from sweet vapes. It really is a nice kit, and an eGo product. They have a pretty good warrenty too.

You will like it, its a great kit and compatible with all eGo and ego type batteries/accessories, and compatible with 510 accessories.

LOL !!! I promise It gets better :yes

we are here to try to help. someday soon, it will be you that gets give the advice.

I just tried one of my other clearomizers (same kind as the sweet vapes) and it worked just fine on the VaporLeaf battery and visa versa