Tips For Using An Ego C Twist?

Tam

From the beginning I've been using ego T2 650 mAh pass throughs. My favorite is using an ego CC (changeable coil) 2.4 ml clearomizer or a Stardust V2. I just recently purchased an ego C twist that should be here any time now (thanks, Brian!). I've seen that it's really popular with many of you so could you give some tips to a new user?

What voltage gives cooler or warmer vapes? I don't even know enough about this to figure out what questions to ask... Help?

In general, the higher the voltage the hotter the vapor will be. The lower the voltage, the colder the vapor will be respectively. The eGo C will work just like your eGo T honestly except imagine the twist part is a boost button. The higher you go, the more vapor you'll get and the hotter it'll be. Like turning a toaster on over drive lol

While I'm using an eGo T at the moment, normally I enjoy a Regular Resistance Boge Cartomizer at 4.2 volts. It's the sweet spot for me personally. Not to hot not to cold.

In general, the higher the voltage the hotter the vapor will be. The lower the voltage, the colder the vapor will be respectively. The eGo C will work just like your eGo T honestly except imagine the twist part is a boost button. The higher you go, the more vapor you'll get and the hotter it'll be. Like turning a toaster on over drive lol

While I'm using an eGo T at the moment, normally I enjoy a Regular Resistance Boge Cartomizer at 4.2 volts. It's the sweet spot for me personally. Not to hot not to cold.

That all makes sense, thanks! The twisty "boost button" is a good way to remember it, too. I think I read somewhere that some attys, carts, and/or clearos work better with certain juices and certain volts but I can't remember where that was. Good grief, there's so much to learn but it's kinda fun doing it. :)

it's actually pretty simple, just remember to pair the correct resistance to the correct voltage. general rule of thumb is as follows.

lower ohm carto/atty=lower voltage

higher ohm carto/atty=higher voltage

for instance, a "low resistance" atty/carto (1.5-2.0ohm's) you would want to use basically at 4v or less, this will give you a very warm vapor.

for a cooler vape try a 2.5-3.0ohm atty carto at that same 4v or less

at 3+ohm's 5v or higher will give you a warmer vape.

but just remember that basic rule of thumb, if the resistance of the atty/carto is low you want to pair it to a lower voltage. if it's high pair it with a higher voltage. most sites if they don't list the exact resistance of the atty/carto will at least tell you it's either a lr-low resistance (1.5-2.0ohms), sr-standard resistance (2.5-3.0ohms), or hv-high voltage (not sure y some sites call it that as it should be high resistance not voltage but anyways 3.5-4.0ohms)

its all about that sweet spot! i like my twist with a single coil ressurector from crystalclearvaping.com in my tank with bobas bounty or gorilla juice at 3.8v. with a dual coil carto i like it at about 4.2. the fun is playing around with different combinations of different ohm cartos and juices. have fun with it and youll enjoy every min of it!

Your clearos that work good with the regular battery will work just as well with the twist set counter-clockwise to the minimum setting. Try that first and then twist it up just a little bit. You'll notice it getting a little warmer and more vapor. Twist it half way and even more so but at about that point you might start to loose the flavor. It's easy to find the sweet spot, just play with it a bit. Most of my clearos are medium-low resistance and I keep my twist half-way or less(4 volts). Some attys, cartos or clearos with a more standard or higher resistance and you will want to crank it to the max(4.8 volts). Do yourself a favor and don't try to read the numbers on the dial, they are so small it isn't even worth it. Just know that counterclockwise is 3.2 clockwise is 4.8 and the middle is 4.0. and fine tune it by how you like it.

but just remember that basic rule of thumb, if the resistance of the atty/carto is low you want to pair it to a lower voltage. if it's high pair it with a higher voltage. most sites if they don't list the exact resistance of the atty/carto will at least tell you it's either a lr-low resistance (1.5-2.0ohms), sr-standard resistance (2.5-3.0ohms), or hv-high voltage (not sure y some sites call it that as it should be high resistance not voltage but anyways 3.5-4.0ohms)

Sounds like some very valuable but easy to remember advice. Thanks, Blu! The CC clearo I use has the ability to change out the atty at different Oohms so I'll get a few in a wide range to see what works best. :)

Your clearos that work good with the regular battery will work just as well with the twist set counter-clockwise to the minimum setting. Try that first and then twist it up just a little bit. .... Do yourself a favor and don't try to read the numbers on the dial, they are so small it isn't even worth it. Just know that counterclockwise is 3.2 clockwise is 4.8 and the middle is 4.0. and fine tune it by how you like it.

I've been using 1.5 to 1.8 mAh in the CC clearo. Will play with those a bit before getting different ones to try. As for trying to read the numbers on the dial... an idea came to me while I was reading your comment: a little dab of blue nail polish on the lowest setting and a dab of red on the highest. That might help so I know where it's at without having to break out the microscope. Great advice. Thanks!

And whatever you do, don't drop it! I dropped mine today while sitting on the couch and it fell about 18" to the carpeted floor...now it's dead.

Aw, man, that sucks! I'm so sorry to hear about your dead twist. :crybaby:

With my twist, I keep it at about 3.8-4.0 with a smoktech 1.7ohm carto. Seems to be the best for flavor and vapor.

I'm really looking forward to playing around with mine when it gets here. Everyone has such good advice!