Gurgly Stardusts

yeroc1982

Yeah I dunno what it is. I'm pretty careful when filling, not to overfill or in the middle tube. I see when I unscrew three battery, there is liquid on the battery post. When I screw the tank in the battery, after about 2 screws it stars to get alittle harder, but almost has no end. Could it be pushing the inside of the tank up, and causing something?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by yeroc1982

I've had this happen a couple times, unknown cause. For me, I clean out the threads at the battery end and clean out the battery end of the clearomizer. usually after a few draws its seems to be back on track.

what voltage are you using on your twist? I have found as the batteries get close to needing charging the clearomizer seems to act 'funny'...stiff draw, or gurgling.

I've had this happen a couple times, unknown cause. For me, I clean out the threads at the battery end and clean out the battery end of the clearomizer. usually after a few draws its seems to be back on track.

what voltage are you using on your twist? I have found as the batteries get close to needing charging the clearomizer seems to act 'funny'...stiff draw, or gurgling.

Iv been trying different voltages. Does it make sense that it seems to happen more at higher voltages? I'm trying to experiment to figure this out.

I think a lot of it is condensation.The vapor is formed by wicking the liquid into the airway where the element is.I would suppose if you made more vapor at lower resistance or higher voltage or if there was any heat left in the element more liquid would be drawn in and vaporised after you get you a big old hit .That vapor would just condense in the airway.I unscrew the tip on mine a little now and then and you can see some condensation run out of that area.

I unscrew the tip on mine a little now and then and you can see some condensation run out of that area.
Same here, but when I unscrew and slide the tip up, what runs down is the same color and consistency as the e-juice I'm using, which leads me to believe that a small amount of e-liquid is, like you said, condensing in the coil area and mouthpiece. It's not enough to make it gurgle, but if unchecked, it will get sucked up and into my mouth...yuck. No big deal if you're mindful of it, though. This happens on every Vision V2/V3 Clearomizer I've used, but never happens using my Vision ViVi Nova, which is surprising because the design concept is so similar. Edited by Rixter

My twist came in today so I started trying a few clearomizers and they both sound bubbly and gurgly, and you can almost feel it. What's going on here?

When that happens on any of my clearomizers I just unscrew the thing, carefully wipe the battery connection end to get the extra e-liquid out and dry. Then, with a tissue, I blow into the clearmozier (gently but firmly) to get as much of the liquid out and dab a clean corner of tissue into the end of the clearomizer. Screw on and vape. The gurgly sound usually happens when I over tip the thing...

Hope that helps :)

When that happens on any of my clearomizers I just unscrew the thing, carefully wipe the battery connection end to get the extra e-liquid out and dry. Then, with a tissue, I blow into the clearmozier (gently but firmly) to get as much of the liquid out and dab a clean corner of tissue into the end of the clearomizer. Screw on and vape. The gurgly sound usually happens when I over tip the thing...

Hope that helps :)

BINGO! :) That's what I do also. Unless I've overfilled the tank, this works every time. I haven't used a Stardust, but this was worked on every tank type atty I have used.

I've had this problem with every single stardust/vision i've owned. I've pretty much given up on them. I think it's usually from the rubber cap that sits on the center tube wearing down, and then setting them on their side causes juice to get into the center post. They have great flavor, but IMO they're just too temperamental and never seem to work when i need them to. Carto tanks all the way for me.

I've had this problem with every single stardust/vision i've owned. I've pretty much given up on them. I think it's usually from the rubber cap that sits on the center tube wearing down, and then setting them on their side causes juice to get into the center post. They have great flavor, but IMO they're just too temperamental and never seem to work when i need them to. Carto tanks all the way for me.

What kind of cartomizer you go with?

Thinking of trying some of these.

http://www.cdnvapor.ca/product_p/smk-510-1.7-ohm-single-coil-ca.htm

No idea how they work though. Do I need to buy something else for these to go in, or do they just screw on as is?

Edited by yeroc1982

BINGO! :) That's what I do also. Unless I've overfilled the tank, this works every time. I haven't used a Stardust, but this was worked on every tank type atty I have used.

In my short time of being on e-cigs I think I've tried every version of the Stardust out there. The idea of the Stardust and not having to refill all the time was what had me keep trying but I ran into the same thing although now that I know what not to do it's much better. Still, there are better alternatives out there. :)

I have used up two of the Vision Ego V1 and V2 types and while they are a very good device and cost comparitive I think I still prefer Boger SR refillable cartomisers.I will probably keep one on hand along with a couple of 306 atties though.

What kind of cartomizer you go with?

Thinking of trying some of these.

http://www.cdnvapor....gle-coil-ca.htm

No idea how they work though. Do I need to buy something else for these to go in, or do they just screw on as is?

those just screw in as is. i believe danpio uses the dct, its pretty much the same as what you are looking at but the catromizers for the tanks system have a flange at the bottom to keep the tank from sliding off. they also have a hole punched in to allow the juice to flow in. check these out...

http://www.madvapes.com/dual-coil-510-chrome-tank-cartomizer-3-5ml.html

they have 3.5ml and 6ml tanks to chose from. and they last all day, maybe two days depending on how much you vape, without having to refill

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, forgot to make it back to this thread, i use both DCT carto tanks and Boge's in a Jtank. I like the DCT tanks better for vapor and throat hit, and the boges for flavor.

The one's you linked to aren't ideal for tanks, you'll prolly want to pick one the prepunched ones with the flange on the bottom, but that's just my preference. It's basically the same carto.

I get my DCT tanks from ivape since they have the larger version: http://ivape.net/index.php/Stainless-cap-DCT-system-white.html

And cartos for them here: http://www.crystalclearvaping.com/-3-BOX-BUNDLE-DEAL-510-SMOKTECH-17-ohm-XL-SS-TANK-STYLE-RESURRECTORS-Bottom-plated-and-single-punched-for-all-the-DCT-tanks-I-sell_p_94.html

I also get the jtanks from ivape, but a cheaper boge tank is available here: http://www.crystalclearvaping.com/45ml-tanks-for-reg-size-cartos_p_159.html

And boge cartos from wherever is cheapest at the moment