Best Drip Atty For Taste?

Rixter

My experience with drip atomizers is pretty limited, as the only drip atty I have ever used is a Smok Tech 510 2 ohm atomizer from Sure Vapes. Compared to the cartos (Boge 2 ohm & CCV 1.7 ohm Resurrectors) and atty tanks (Vision ViVi Nova & Vision V2/V3 Clearomizers, both 1.8 ohm) that I use regularly, it does a good job, but according to some of you "drippers" out there, there should be no comparison...dripping into a quality atty should beat cartos and tanks hands down in a taste-test.

So my question is: Which atty provides the tastiest vapor? Throat hit isn't that big of a concern for me, and I can even settle for less vapor production than I'm used to, but I want to taste those "subtle nuances" and "complexities" in taste that I keep hearing about.

I could go out on a limb (again) and buy a few of the more obscenely expensive atomizers that are so highly rated (by vendors) in hopes of finding what I'm looking for, but your personal experience is important to me, so please explain what it is about your favorite atty that makes it your favorite. Also, any tricks/tips about your pick that might improve the dripping "experience" will be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I will be using whichever atty I finally decide to go with on a eGo-C Twist (3.2v - 4.8v)

Edited by Rixter

Good questions, I'm interested in what drippers think about that now. I'm old school and still drip on SR and LR Joye 510 attys and more recently the 306 and the 901. As soon as I tried the 306 I thought it was a little better all around except for the unique drip tip. The LR 901 I have is bridgeless and it works great also and produces awesome flavor. The questions I have with the 306 and the 901 is they are both made by several different manufactures and I wouldn't know which are better. I've had several different 306 atties and they all worked great and so did the 901's I got from empire mods. I've always assumed that Joye makes the best 510's but things could be different now.

As far as those high-end/expensive drip atties, I know nothing about them.

Edited by Mike

I always keep a few Joye 306 atties for tasting liquids with.I have found that for about the same monies the Vision clearomiser provides a pretty similar vape for the first week or two without having to drip.They last quite a while longer but when fresh the clearomiser is the best of both worlds.I haven't had a desire to try the high end stuff out either as I am frugal.

I don't drip much, honestly. It's way too difficult to do at work (I'm in retail sales), so I usually use dripping for tasting new liquids when I just can't wait to try them all, and sometimes when I just feel like it at home. And, honestly, I have been very pleased with the same one you are currently using. Vapor production seems to depend on the liquid, and two drops of liquid goes pretty far. And they're cheap. Perfect for what I'm doing. Now if you want to drip most of the time, you may want to check out the two Maptec posted.

I alternate between the joye or Riva 510 LR and the 306. The 306 does tend to leak more but burns hotter for a better throat hit.

with or without the bridge work great for me. after awhile liquid builds up on the bridge, so I remove it after about a week or so.

I usually stick to the places I know best.

VTs forever vapor shop. stock is sometimes low, but I like to support VT when I can.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp click the american flag in the corner prior to adding to cart for 20% off. Ego and Riva products. They have been around for a couple years and have been reliable.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/ I haven't had any trouble with their products, plus a great place to shop DIY.

Lately i can't seem to get anything other than dry scratchy hits out of my 306's, and they really don't seem to do well with switching flavors. I think most of mine are Bauway Bridgeless. Might be time for some new ones, but i've never had a very good experience with them.

ego.jpg?t=1345678438ego2.jpg?t=1345678401 Hey VR, I believe those are regular sized 510 attys and they can go on an eGo battery just the way they are with a regular 510 drip tip. If you want to make it look nice and/or use the drip shield that I am showing you need a short 510-510 adapter and a trim ring to hide the outer eGo threads. I got all this from Empire Mods.

Mike can chime in here but i'm pretty sure that's just a 510 tip. I have one of the empire sheilds for my 306 but i'm not a fan. Too many connectors/adapters/components and it just doesn't seem to work well. Empire mods themselves told me the setup isn't ideal, but it can be done. basically it takes 2 510-510 adapters, toss the 306 on top of that. a universal cherry vapes drip tip slides over that, and then a 510 drip tip on top of that. Then, finally, you slide the drip sheild over the universal adapter. Looks badass, performance not so much.

I'd really like to get a 306DCA but they never have them in stock, and I'm always busy when they have their 'sales'.

Any 510 drip tip will do and 901 attys also use that same tip but the threads are different so instead of 510-510 you need 901-510 adapter. Those bridge-less lr901 attys from empire are wicked awsome. (Boston area slang, that means they perform very well)

The 901 has my vote for best drip atty for taste. They have been known to leak easily when over-dripping and they are the reason for the invention of drip shields.

Edited by Mike

For personal taste the 2 best I have ran across is the LR atty from Altsmoke and the AMG Universal from Vapage. I will say the Altsmoke LR are better if left bridged.

I have been hearing a lot of good things about the AMG Hybrid Uni by Vapage, so I ordered the 1.5Ω version from Clouds Of Vapor over the weekend. It got here today and I've been trying it out this afternoon. I haven't had much of a chance to rate it against my Smok Tech atty, but I will say that so far, I'm really liking it a lot. The vapor production is really good and I'm getting a good throat hit from it as well. It holds a lot of e-liquid, and the juices I've tried in it taste really good...maybe not better than the Smok Tech atty, but definitely not worse. It seems to produce a slightly hotter vapor, and that's after compensating the wattage on my eGo-C Twist to match the 6.8 watt setup that I'm using my 2Ω Smok Tech atty on. I'm going to keep on vaping both setups and see if I can come to some conclusions, but I have to say that for the money, the AMG Hybrid Uni by Vapage is a great atomizer. I look forward to seeing how long it lasts.

Edited by Rixter

...the AMG Hybrid Uni by Vapage is a great atomizer. I look forward to seeing how long it lasts.

...and it looks like about 6 days. 3.4 volts (7.7 watts). It popped this afternoon. Should I even try another one? It did taste good while it lasted.

Overall I think of attys as disposable. If they work well for me for at least a week, I'm good with that. sometimes they last longer, sometimes not. I do find if attys stay too hot (chain vaping), their life expectancy is shortened.

I figure Its still cheaper than smoking

...and it looks like about 6 days. 3.4 volts (7.7 watts). It popped this afternoon. Should I even try another one? It did taste good while it lasted.

Personally I would. I got the 2 pack from Vapage. One of them last only a week and a half BUT, my second one has lasted for almost a month now. Pretty steady use at 3.7v. As Kitsune said, you will get the ones that pop in a day but sometimes, you get the one that will last months.

<p>

Personally I would. I got the 2 pack from Vapage. One of them last only a week and a half BUT, my second one has lasted for almost a month now. Pretty steady use at 3.7v. As Kitsune said, you will get the ones that pop in a day but sometimes, you get the one that will last months.

I think I will get a couple more, but I'm going to try the 1.8 ohm version next time. I hate to judge on one popped atty, and maybe the 1.8 ohm version will be a little more forgiving than the 1.5 ohm, and they do provide really good taste. However, I can't really look at an $8 (+ shipping) atomizer as "disposable". I mean, I know it's going to die someday, but compared to Boge 2ohm and CCV 1.7 ohm Resurrector cartos for around a buck, I can't justify the expense. On another note, I have to say that the IkenVape 1.8 ohm io6 I got in the mail today kicks major butt in the taste department right out of the package. With the exception of airflow problems on some of my PVs, it just might be the best tasting delivery device I have ever tried.

Edited by Rixter

• 4 weeks later...

So far, I've tried several reasonably priced atties and listed my results below. Although the ohms ratings were different, I adjusted my voltage to provide the same wattage to each atty so I could be as objective as possible. I also tried several different juices to see if that made any difference, and with and without a variety of drip shields and drip tips.

1) IKV io6 LR Atomizer 1.8Ω from IkenVape - $8.49 - Great taste and performance, but little harsh at times.

2) IKV 901 LR Atomizer 1.5Ω from IkenVape - $8.49 - Just got it today so it needs to break in a little, but the great flavor and easy draw definitely suits my taste.

3) Vapage 510 Hybrid Atomizer 1.5Ω Universal from Clouds of Vapor - $8.99 - Good taste and draw, but popped after only 6 days of moderate usage.

4) Smok Tech 510 2Ω Atomizer from Sure Vapes - $6.49 - Got this one a couple of months ago, and it still tastes great despite some decline in airflow from major use.

5) Boge 510LR 2Ω Atomizer from Vapelite - $3.50 - At such a low price and with such good taste and performance, this one just might be my favorite.

All the atties that I tried provided comparable taste and performance, and I can't really call any out as being "The Best", but if I had to pick two, they would be the IKV 901 LR Atomizer 1.5Ω from IkenVape for the easy draw & capacity, and the Boge 510LR 2Ω Atomizer from Vapelite for the excellent price.

...and the search goes on...

Edited by Rixter