Why Isn't Everyone Using Dcts By Now?

I don't mean to sound presumptuous, and I know different folks prefer different vapes... I'm certainly glad that that companies are still coming out with new vaping tech, but I have to wonder why most people haven't migrated to the DCT punched-carto-inside-a-tank-sleeve system.

I still see people talking about dripping, or using eGo tanks, or standard cart/atty setups.. or (for heaven's sake) dripping into old-school Boge cartomizers 20 times a day and I can't imagine going back to that stuff. It would be like stepping back into the dark ages for me.

I switched to a DCT-style tank (though I now use the Smoktech single-coil cartos with it) almost a year ago and I've yet to find anything that wicks as perfectly or operates at peak performance for as long, and I've tried lots of other stuff - for curiosity's sake - since then.

If you're not using one of these:

dct6ml_1.png

...or something similar, would you care to share why not? Have you not tried it? Found something better? Had problems with them?

For the record, I am not affiliated with ANY e-cig retailer or supplier, I'm just an active vaper with an honest question.

Thanks in advance!

I have had a few tanks. I like them but they did have their drawbacks such as leaking, hard to fill etc... I have only been using the Vision clearos lately, they are like small tanks. Luv em.

I was never able to vape these without flooding...like crazy. I use both the phoenix bottom coils and a vivi tank. I have two dct's sitting in the vape box collecting dust. It would be a last ditch effort to pull them out. That is just my experience.

I was never able to vape these without flooding...like crazy. I use both the phoenix bottom coils and a vivi tank. I have two dct's sitting in the vape box collecting dust. It would be a last ditch effort to pull them out. That is just my experience.

What kind of juice are you guys using with them? Mine never leak - ever - and only flood if I use a thinner juice, and even then it's after a couple of days of constant use.

A few bad parts can ruin someones experience with them. First time i tried them I can a burned carto that had horrible plastic taste, even when i prefilled it. Threw the carto away and the tank sat in my box for 2 months before i pulled it out and tried them again. Now i love 'em. They can be a pain to fill if you don't have a syringe or tool to push the carto down just the right amount, but the obvious advantage is that you only have to fill every couple days, especially if you have 2 or 3 of em.

I just haven't seen one in person or tried it. I started out on Vision clearos and don't have any complaints with them. So for me, I haven't had a reason to look at other options as of yet.

Yeah, there were a few kind of sketchy batches of the pre-punched smoktech cartos a while back that had problems, wouldn't wick, etc.

I had to experiment until I found a good method for using the DCT tanks. I do use a syringe to fill them and to prime new cartos before putting the tank over them. You also want to use the newer cartos with the flange on the bottom by the threads that stops the tank from sliding down out of position.

Actually, since I figured out the syringe priming method, I've yet to have a bad carto that tasted burnt or wouldn't wick. The trick is to use the syringe to fill the carto through the hole with JUST enough juice that the vape is good, and then slide on the tank and fill it. You can then use it right away with no problems after that.

I could make a demo video if anyone was interested.

Yeah i haven't had any problems since the first bad one, it was a major turn off tho since I wasted so much juice in the process. Now that i've got the hang of it tho i love 'em. Still like the vision clearos too but variety is nice.

I wanted to like the Vision clearos too, since they look so great (they really do) but of the two I ordered, one wont wick properly and always tastes burned. The other was DOA and won't fire at all... so I wrote them off.

...and that is why I can definitely understand someone else doing the same with DCTs if they started with a crappy one.

DCT's are my life! i love them so much! i agree with you soso, i dont know y everybody isnt using them. but of course everybody is different and what appeals to one might not to another. but i am a hardcore DCT fan no lie!

DCT's are the only way I can enjoy a carto. I stopped using the smoktech DCC's because of reliability issues. Seemed 50% gave the bad plastic taste that wouldn't go away- even when I soaked them well before using. I switched to the boge x-large, that fit in the same tank but are single coil- and the issue is gone. The vape? It's tolerable. The flavor doesn't exactly shine.

...when the smoktech DCC's are on, they are on though.

Quick note- I have a couple of tanks that don't leak at all. The biggest mess is sometimes changing a carto mid tank, but using the boge xl cartos w/out a flange makes for an easy swap.

Funny thing for me to see this topic today. After eGo's with 2.0 carts the last few months I just today used an earned discount at Madvapes to get a couple of these to try for the first time "Clear eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer, Flat Tip". I don't feel I need that much liquid at once and I wonder how fragile they will be as far as keeping them with me around town. I'm guessing I won't want to put them in my pocket like I do with LR carto's on my eGo's. It will be my first dual coils and we'll see what all the praise is about I guess. I hope all my 50/50 PG/VG that I like will do well in them.

Took me a long time to come around to the DCT's. I always shied away because of the carto....carto's and I never got along well.

Found a shop and was able to give them a try....ya, Love!!! They are a pain to fill without a syringe, but manageable without.

Not had any flooding trouble. They really are part of my all day vaping collection. I have also learned how to punch an additional hole in the carto to help with wicking. The cartos usually only last me a couple weeks before the draw becomes stiff...their cheap so not a problem.

Use mine with my ego type batteries with a tube sock....give it a finished look. no gap between the battery and the tank.

Still love the clearomizers too...easy to fill, no hassel. been lucky, not had much trouble with them. once the threads get singed, burnt taste sticks around. have found that VG and darker liquids, seems to clog them up quickly.

I rotate regularly between the DCT's and the clearomizers....have to rotate to keep them from getting too hot...tend to vape ALOT!!

Then there is still my all time personal favorite....dripping...all around best throat hit, best vapor and best flavor. Mostlly drip while I'm at home...love dripping with the 306's. I have been dripping for 3 years and I think it will always be my favorite.

using the boge xl cartos w/out a flange makes for an easy swap.

Say what? you can use regular carts (punched of course) with these? without the thingy on the botttom that sets into the bottom part? If so, you are rockin my world :-)

FogginMolly

you can, but i wouldnt' do it unless you are in pinch. without the flange you really run the risk of leaking everywhere. unless you have a fix for this as well??

also, you can get replacement dct inner cart (with flange and punched) by themselves. buying in bulk always saves a bit

You can if they are the XL boges, and I do- and they work fine without leaking. I haven't had one leak because of the missing flange. Not one. To make it even better, they are much easier to swap out when you have a full tank of juice- you simply push a new one through the bottom as the old one slides out of the top.

Say what? you can use regular carts (punched of course) with these? without the thingy on the botttom that sets into the bottom part? If so, you are rockin my world :-)

FogginMolly

Yeah, the flange doesn't do anything to prevent leaking in and of itself

EXCEPT

It does prevent the tank from sliding down the carto and letting juice run into the air holes by the carto threads, which would be a huge PITA. Since I have always used a syringe to fill my tanks and prime my cartos (and they only need changed every week or so), I stick to the flanged ones with no downside.

It might not be any big deal if your PV is something like a Lavatube or a Provari, but I use an Infinity Pro and it has about an 1/2" gap between the 510 connection and the main bulk of the battery tube (there is room for the tank to slide down), so a flanged carto is a must.

--

I've also switched 100% to the flanged, full-sized single-coil pre-punched cartos available from Altsmoke because I find them to be a looser draw, less prone to flood, less prone to dry hits, and overall far faaaaaar more consistent than the DCC's I'd been buying. I don't know who's producing them - whether it's Boge or Smoktech - but they're absolutely great. Throw a 2.5Ω single-coil carto on a vari-volt PV and you hold the world in your hand.

I used carto tanks for personal use for quite awhile, but for the purposes of my juice reviews, I went back to dripping whenever I was reviewing in order to get the most accurate flavor. When I would go back to my tank, I found the flavor to be muted and the vape was not as enjoyable. So, I am sticking to dripping until something better comes along. I do have my eye on those Reactor atomizer tanks over at nhaler. For me, it's all about flavor.

Nothing will ever beat dripping- and for juice reviews it's a must. I sacrifice flavor for convenience ATM.

I used carto tanks for personal use for quite awhile, but for the purposes of my juice reviews, I went back to dripping whenever I was reviewing in order to get the most accurate flavor. When I would go back to my tank, I found the flavor to be muted and the vape was not as enjoyable. So, I am sticking to dripping until something better comes along. I do have my eye on those Reactor atomizer tanks over at nhaler. For me, it's all about flavor.