~ The New Guy...posting From The Beach ~

Dejavu

Why am I on here? I'll try to keep this short.

Well I grew up in Richmond, VA, exposed to ciggarettes (for free) at the age of 13....everyone worked at Phillip Morris so us kids stole the free cartons constantly. So we smoked for free for years.

Well now i have almost reached middle age & it's time to put this habit to rest. Not to mention the fact I'm coughing up brown crap almost constantly. No doubt the beginnings of Chronic Bronchitis/Emphasema etc.

So I've tried all the e-cigs available at gas stations and I know they are JUNK. I want FULL MASSIVE VAPOR HITS that make my lungs beg for mercy! Now I've done my basic (3 hours) of research on youtube & google and found out about all these awesome "modified" vapor systems etc. However, nowhere can I find a simple "here are the parts you need to buy, and it's simple to put together & get vaping!" It's all broken sections of information. There are no real sites with full "impartial" information, except for the actual e-commerce websites which are selling them & I prefer not to get my information from the salesmen.

So I am here to ask questions/listen to you guys...in order 2 find out the best way to get vaporizing before thursday night. I have a $100 to $160 budget set aside for everything (including the juice to get started & the shipping). I might not know what I want yet...but I do know what I don't want. I don't want one of those heavily advertised v2's that look & feel exactly like a ciggarette. I want the latest/greatest....the "inside" hook up that only you big time afficianados can point me to!

I appreciate any & all welcomes, help, links etc. you guys can lay on me!

Please forgive all the gramatical error's my spell check doesn't work in this post box :-)

Thanks!

- Deja Vu the Atlantic Coast Vapor 'newbie' Beachfront residing Pirate -

:pirate:

First, may I ask you how much did you smoke per day.. what brand exactly? I think we have this down now where you won't even have to spend $100 for a reliable set up and e-liquid.

what feautures are important to you? Vv, super long batt life at a high voltage? My suggestions,

kGo 2 batt kit

buzz or infinity pro with batts and chargers

or a lavatube kit. I'd say provari but ur just slightly underbudget for that. I'm really leaning towards the kGo to be honest though as I think its better for n00bs.

I would also suggest the KGO kit. It comes with 2 1100 mAh batteries and at $45 you have money left for cartos,attys,etc. Alot of the stuff you will see on these forums will work well on the KGO. You can always upgrand later to a better mod and will have more knowledge to know what you want. Everyone on this forum is great and will answer all your questions. They have helped me a ton!

First, may I ask you how much did you smoke per day.. what brand exactly? I think we have this down now where you won't even have to spend $100 for a reliable set up and e-liquid.

Ok I smoke 2-packs a day currently of Camel Silver Menthol Lights (basically camel light menthols, but with the extra menthol crush ball thing in the filter) Some days I smoke 50 ciggs, some days 30...but avg 2-packs.

what feautures are important to you? Vv, super long batt life at a high voltage? My suggestions,

kGo 2 batt kit

buzz or infinity pro with batts and chargers

or a lavatube kit. I'd say provari but ur just slightly underbudget for that. I'm really leaning towards the kGo to be honest though as I think its better for n00bs.

I work at home, so with the exception of 3x a month, when I take 10hr & 5hr road trips for dr's appointments & family visits....I am at home, with access to power. I also though have a power converter in my car I can plug in almost anything.

i still recommend the kGo. :)

i just don't think n00bs should jump right to the best, fanciest mod they can find right off the bat. it can be confusing, and worst of all you don't even really know yet if vaping is even gonna work for you. it does NOT work for everyone. why burn through a ton of money right off the bat, when you can get a quality kit for under $50 to experiment with?

Ok I smoke 2-packs a day currently of Camel Silver Menthol Lights (basically camel light menthols, but with the extra menthol crush ball thing in the filter) Some days I smoke 50 ciggs, some days 30...but avg 2-packs.

Ok, as for e-liquid.. This is great: 24 mg: http://www.myfreedom...camel-e-liquid/

But, you'll have to put no more than 2 drops per 10 ml of this: http://www.myfreedom...ut-until-11-25/ for that menthol and menthol crush taste. I wish someone had told me this before experimenting with flavors. Ha.

As for your e-cigarette... The kgo is your best bet... http://www.hoosierec...y-SLB_p_10.html

But, you will need these.. Cartomizers are your best bet imho from the same site: http://www.hoosierec...-pack_p_69.html

You'll need about 4 packs of those.

Edited by Breal

Awesome thank you for the shopping list. I'm getting a 30ml thing of that camel juice, and a few 10ml things of cotton candy/vanilla ice cream etc. I left the other options at default. As i am not sure what the 15%/40% VG means etc.

But i am ordering now....sure hope it doesn't take forever to get it :)

VG- Vegetable Glycerin

PG- Proplyne Glycol

They are both e-juice bases. PG usually gives more throat hit and is a better carrier of flavor. The trade off is that it cannot create the "plumes" of vapor that VG can.

To get the best of both worlds people generally use some type of mix of the two that way they can find what works best for them. I personally use a mix of about 75/25 or 60/40 of pg/vg. I don't use too much vg because it can mute flavors but i don't want too much pg because i like seeing clouds :)

You'll just have to experiment till you find your own mix.

VG- Vegetable Glycerin

PG- Proplyne Glycol

They are both e-juice bases. PG usually gives more throat hit and is a better carrier of flavor. The trade off is that it cannot create the "plumes" of vapor that VG can.

To get the best of both worlds people generally use some type of mix of the two that way they can find what works best for them. I personally use a mix of about 75/25 or 60/40 of pg/vg. I don't use too much vg because it can mute flavors but i don't want too much pg because i like seeing clouds :)

VG- Vegetable Glycerin

PG- Proplyne Glycol

Ahhh ok, see now....just from this one forum post, I now know 1,000% more than i ever learned from my search engine/youtube research. Considering I'm an expert researcher (as its my job) that's really saying something IMO.

Now I've got my perfect little starter system ordered up & all the stuff I need. I will definitely try the VG mix next time, as I definitely think I will love to see those "plumes" of vapor btw.

Really nothing better than the combined knowledge of a community forum. So many times people will say "google it". I laugh at them! :)

Btw i think i read somewhere about VG creating hardware failures, or perhaps "gunking up" or otherwise screwing up cartomizers/atomizers etc. Is there any truth to that? Also, I ordered $27 worth of Cartomizers, 4 of the 5-packs as she suggested above. Will I also be able to try "atomizers" with this KGO system?

Edited by Dejavu

i still recommend the kGo. :)

i just don't think n00bs should jump right to the best, fanciest mod they can find right off the bat. it can be confusing, and worst of all you don't even really know yet if vaping is even gonna work for you. it does NOT work for everyone. why burn through a ton of money right off the bat, when you can get a quality kit for under $50 to experiment with?

Just saw this post I missed it before. I am curious what setup/rig are you currently using (if you have multiples, then which do you use more frequently?)

As far as wether or not vaping is going to work for me. Just over the past week I have bought 10 of those 2-pack disposable & I've cut back from 2packs of analogs per day to 1/2 pack. So I am definitely sure it's going to work for me. Not only that, I am 100% sure that i will FORCE myself to use a vape, if nothing else, because if I produce any more of this brown junk in my lungs, I won't be able to breathe (I'm already having big problems). This is basically my last ditch effort to survive past my early 30's. So yea I would say I am sure it's going to work for me! If that means blowing a lot of $, so be it.....I've blown $ on far dumber hobbies in the past, haha :) However I really appreciate you looking out for me dude!

VG has been known to "gunk" up cartomizers/atomizer coils faster than PG yes. That being said i haven't noticed my 75/25 or 60/40 mixes causing premature wear on any of my hardware. 100%vg might be worse but i couldn't confirm that.

I use 2 Innokin LEO's while i'm at home (or when i know i'll be gone for LONG periods of time, like a 12 hour day), and i use 808's when i'm out and about. I use v4l 808's which are my favorite, really good batterie's with lr cartomizers and it's about the size of an analogue and produces real good clouds with the right amount of pg/vg mix.

My LEO's i use all sorts of different hardware on. They have a proprietary threading so they're not compatible with any other device. But i have 510 adaptor's for both of the batt's so that opens up a wide range of delivery method's available. The LEO is a "fat batt" (bigger than a stick style like v4l) like the eGo or the kGo. I use some of the stock LEO carto's for it, but most of the time i use a lr510 atty with a drip shield on the LEO=vapor heaven for me.

The kGo is 510 threaded so you can use any 510 threaded hardware for it. You may want to look in to a cheap lr 510 atty for it at some point to give dripping a try, but i'm a firm believer in n00bs starting out with carto's. They're just more user friendly, dripping comes with a bit of a learning curve.

Any more questions feel free to ask :)

VG has been known to "gunk" up cartomizers/atomizer coils faster than PG yes. That being said i haven't noticed my 75/25 or 60/40 mixes causing premature wear on any of my hardware. 100%vg might be worse but i couldn't confirm that.

I use 2 Innokin LEO's while i'm at home (or when i know i'll be gone for LONG periods of time, like a 12 hour day), and i use 808's when i'm out and about. I use v4l 808's which are my favorite, really good batterie's with lr cartomizers and it's about the size of an analogue and produces real good clouds with the right amount of pg/vg mix.

My LEO's i use all sorts of different hardware on. They have a proprietary threading so they're not compatible with any other device. But i have 510 adaptor's for both of the batt's so that opens up a wide range of delivery method's available. The LEO is a "fat batt" (bigger than a stick style like v4l) like the eGo or the kGo. I use some of the stock LEO carto's for it, but most of the time i use a lr510 atty with a drip shield on the LEO=vapor heaven for me.

The kGo is 510 threaded so you can use any 510 threaded hardware for it. You may want to look in to a cheap lr 510 atty for it at some point to give dripping a try, but i'm a firm believer in n00bs starting out with carto's. They're just more user friendly, dripping comes with a bit of a learning curve.

Any more questions feel free to ask

Quit spreading lies about VG. The only thing it gunks up faster is your room with the clouds of thick vapor that will linger in it :)

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate

Welcome !!!

Sounds like you have received lots of excellent tips and advice.

I agree...I think starting with the Ego, KGO or Riva models is a great place to start, you won't be sorry with any of these devices.

I have to agree, VG can clog the atomizers quicker..Its just a thicker. some tank systems have a bit of trouble with VG, but a mix of VG/PG works well. Many people only vape VG and are very happy with it. Its all personal preference.

You will find you will try different combinations until you find the right one for you.

I use my Ego + LR atomizer or LR vision clearomizer 90% of the time and my higher voltage units .

Yup so i ordered my KGO, it got shipped today......can anyone suggest what part/part's i need to buy for "dripping". I'm definitely going to want to try that. Right now I've ordered abunch of 5-packs of Cartomizers. However I know I'm gonna wanna try every style there is. I figure if I order some dripping stuff now....I'll be familiar enough with the process & how to use it....to be ready 2 drip when it finally shows up.

I love your enthusiasm !!! So many things to try.

For Dripping: 510 LR atomizer (can use standard but LR is better) and/or 306 LR or standard + a drip tip + your KGO and you will be set on the dripping front.

However, If you get the 306 you will need a 306 drip tip for it...some come with it and some don't, so make sure to check. and read this thread....