Back From Total Hip Replacement!

Hello errybody!

Just back to work after about a month off due to a left total hip replacement, went way better than expected and I am just working on strenght and control now.

I had been on narcotics for almost 14 months, and am now dealing with the end of the withdrawl period, and running into a bit of a bout with depression. Working out and staying active is helping a lot, but I am not too worried ;) I still love life and cannot wait for all the beautiful things to come for me!

It's amazing how much strenght you lose when you don't use your muscles for over a year. I have had to takes steps one at a time with my right leg, as well as use a cane/crutches...quite an ordeal!

Anyhoo, back in action and I will be around more frequently again.

YES! I stealth vaped in my prep room, hiding the ecig with my mother when I had to go get cut, and after the surgery when my family entered the first thing I asked them for was my bag, with my Ego's in it ;)

It was a fine experience, and everyone was really nice/helpful.

As it turns out, the nurses in the area didn't even ask about the odd things on my bedside table, it was so packed with random junk/grabbers/breath testers/pill/ect that they didn't even notice. One nurse walked in when I was exhaling, but didn't mention anything, although I saw the question roll through her head. (Then again maybe that's my paranoia with my heavily drugged state going to work there)

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate the warm welcome back.

I am really happy with the recovery. MOST hip replacements are done on 60+ year olds, so they don't expect them to do physica therapy for about 3 weeks after surgery. I was up and moving well after 6 days, so my recovery is amazing by comparison due to my age.