Short Reviews On Several Atomizers And Cartomizers

twelveday

Atomizers

Joye 510 Atomizer (normal resistance) - I started off with these, They worked well for a week or two but some began to go bad and have disgusting metallic taste which I got rid of for a while after I dewicked/debridged them, I have went through 4 normal 510 atomizers, and havent gotten one to last more than 2 weeks with moderate/heavy vaping, it might be user error, but my experience with these didnt go that well.

Joye 510 Atomizer (low resistance) - I tried the joye 510 low resistance atomizers next, I like that you only have to take short pulls to get tons of vapor, but my tendency to chain vape caused the atomizer to burn hot which was not a big deal, but the wicking material inside was easily burned and the taste went bad quicker than the normal resistance ones. A distinct metallic taste, sort of like inhaling melted metal fumes just appear out of nowhere sometimes and makes it a bad experience. I washed them out a couple times and they worked well again but after a while it starts to not create much vapor. Probably not the type of atomizer for the way I vape, but good for those who are low-moderate vapors so you dont use it excessively and keep it hot which helps prevent alot of burning.

Cisco LR306 Atomizer (1.8) - After using cartomizers for a while I decided to try atomizers again and went with these. They work very well, you can see the liquid you drip into it so theres not any of that wondering if theres any e-liquid in there unless u take a vape that leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth. They work very well but were quite pricey compared to others. 9$ each

Bauway LR306 Debridged / Sealed Bottom (1.7) - I saw this on a vendors site from where I was ordering some Boge LR Cartomizers, for 5$ a pop i decided to pick em up and try it, they have a sealed bottom battery hole so I thought it would prevent alot of leakage. Performance-wise I couldn't tell any difference between the Cisco LR306 and the Bauway LR306 other than the Bauway LR306 has no bridge. Long-term usage I haven't been using this atomizer for that long, so we'll see how long it lasts compared to the Cisco LR306, so far performance is about even for me. I use my 100% VG Juices on these 306's and they handle it well.

Cartomizers

Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers (1.5ohm, 2-3.2ohm in parallel) - I tried these out on my ego batteries (since it was a EgoMDCC) and wasn't that much impressed, it holds a ton of juice (3ml+) and the flavor carries through well without any burnt taste, but the vapor is lacking on my ego batteries, perhaps better for mods with higher voltage but the other cartomizers I've used do better on ego batts.

Boge 2.0 Cartomizers - My favorite cartomizer so far, affordable (about 8$ for a pack of 5) and well performing. Fresh out of the box they work very well, and continue to do so for a good while. Flavor is great and vapor is great, never get any nasty tasting flavor unless you forget to top it off. Normally I open a new one and use it for 3-5 days depending on how much I vape or until I feel like im not getting as warm or as much vapor than I got when I started using it. After about that long I wash them out and toss them in a ziplock bag for later use sometime maybe during an emergency when I run out, but they are completely usable for a while, the performance just declines a bit.

CE2 'Fluxomizer' Clearomizers (specifically from gotvapes.com) - These I had a bit of trouble with. These do not handle any eliquid with higher VG than 50/50 I've found. The wicking system in this is tight and thick e-liquid doesnt wick very well and you end up burning and leaving a bad taste in the cartomizer. After 4 or 5 of these I found the best way to use them is to just use a syringe (none of that taking it apart or 'fluffing the wick' stuff) but make sure its 50/50 or lesser VG content. One flavor per cartomizer so you dont have to worry abotu taking it apart and cleaning it and such. These last a long while, just keep topping off your eliquid in there every day or so, the vapor production is decent, and Ive actually been using 2-3 of these for over 2 weeks each, just a different flavor for each one, I havent had them go bad on me yet but the vapor production seems to be declining after this long (probably because of eliquid residue left on the coils). The only downside to these is you cant take long pulls, because it needs time for the e-liquid to wick up. I got the XL's which are about 12$ a pack of 5. After about 2 weeks of on and off usage I just toss them, they are completely cleanable and reusable, but after a while it gunks up the coils and dont perform as well, Ive dry burned a few and been able to re-use them, but they go bad more often than good after doing so, ~2$ for 2 weeks of use isnt that bad.

Edited by twelveday

Volt Cartos

These work surprisingly good. They match up perfectly with the small Volt batteries. They hold enough juice to last longer than I expected and the vapor and TH have been consistant after many refills. The flavor quality is another story. Much like other similar cartos I've tried. It puts a slight overtone of "carto" taste to the juice which in some flavors is worse than others. I don't mind at all with some flavors and it's not anything disgusting or very noticable but it's always there with these kind of cartos. Having said all that, I like the Volt and have been using it every day since I've got it. I've been giving them as much use as any other PV I have. Kinda feels like I'm cheating (smoking anologs) when I use it because it brings back memories of how I used to hold and drag off of a cigarette.

Nice comparison review!

I love the Cisco 306 on my Reo and often wondered how the other brand 306 work. Thanks to your review l now have the confidence to pick some Bauway 306's up some time soon.

I hear you on the smokelessimage Volt. It has become my all time fave, my main go-to. It delivers, is surprisingly satiisfying. I hate refilling cartos but these babies actually absorb nice and fast. Refilling is painless and l don't have to top off all the time... just change out the carto with every battery change-out and remain good to go. I cant say enough about these little 3.7-ish batteries. (haha l forget the exact number)

Thanks for the review!

:::off to add B-306 to shopping list)

Twelveday- you hit the nail right on the head about the emdcc's, it's your battery at fault not the carto's. a standard eGo is regulated (to a pretty anemic) 3.2 or 3.4v, try them on say a kGo and i guarantee the vapor production would be better.

Mike + Uma- Glad you 2 are loving your Volts, i find myself using my LEO's more and more over my old 808's, but they will always have a special place in my vaping routine.

I use the EMDCC,s on my eGo and have tons of vapor and zero problems?

I use the EMDCC,s on my eGo and have tons of vapor and zero problems?

no clue then, the vapor seems to be not there for me and i went through 2 emdccs of a pack, maybe ill give a go later but my boge sr's produce more vapor than the emdcc

They always work great for me too on my BSB. My only complaint is having to top them off every hour or 4. I always find that odd because they hold so much liquid.

If you are talking about the emdccs, I know what you mean! I love them, best flavor out of all the cartos I've tried.. but I wondered why I had to top them off so much, since they take so much liquid. Still my favorite, though.

If you are talking about the emdccs, I know what you mean! I love them, best flavor out of all the cartos I've tried.. but I wondered why I had to top them off so much, since they take so much liquid. Still my favorite, though.

Yes, that's the one! It's good to know I'm in great company. I love that set-up for doing outdoor chores, it fits easy into my back jean pocket and I would notice if it ever fell out. EARTHQUAKE!! lol

Yes, that's the one! It's good to know I'm in great company. I love that set-up for doing outdoor chores, it fits easy into my back jean pocket and I would notice if it ever fell out. EARTHQUAKE!! lol

Ha! I mark mine off with colorful rubberbands... Green for Menthol, Tan for Coffee. I wish they came in colors. Options for more colorful drip tips might be good. Something sleek.. like black and tan, black and green, black and pink.. would be nice.

Some of mine don't seem to last as long as a regular carto, though. Some are going strong after a couple of weeks. About how long should an emdcc last? It could just be operator error on my part.

Darker, Thicker juices reak havoc on EMDCC,s. A week or 2 tops if vaped heavy. Thinner juices sometimes I'll get a month if I'm lucky :cheers:

Oh, no. Well, that explains that one. My Cappuccino Diablo is not thick, but it is on the dark side. Gorilla Juice and Bobas Bounty are Very thick, but light. I'm seriously waiting for someone to do a spoof on these things. lol!

Still, when I think about the flavor of the EMDCCs.. . I can deal with one or two weeks. :thumbup:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines