A Couple Questions For Veteran Vapers

Revelation

Hello all, new to vapor talk, but I've been vaping for about 6 months now. Let me give you a little background before i ask my questions. After trying various off-the-shelf cheapo e-cigs, I picked up a 510 starter kit and finally got off real tobacco. I switched to the 510-T and love it even more, and haven't looked back. My first question/observation is that my atomizers seem to lose effectiveness fairly quickly, around about a month of use. I've followed the cleaning/upkeep instructions, but it doesn't seem to increase their lifespan much. Is this a normal lifespan, or am I doing something wrong?

Second, I've been hearing/reading of the increased vapor and battery life of the eGo style, and have been considering picking up a starter kit for at home use, and using my 510-T for on the go and at work. Is this a worthwhile strategy? Or would I just be increasing my expense to no good effect?

Thanks everyone, and I appreciate it!

Welcome to Vapor Talk Rev,

Getting a month out of your atty is pretty average IMHO. I think once you switch to the eGo your 510-T will not get used as much. The eGo is a great unit. You may wanna step up to an eGo-C. Its a tank system for the eGo much like your 510-T. I use an eGo-C all day at work and love it. :)

Thanks guys! I was pretty sure the month long atomizer life was average, but it's good to have some confirmation. I'm going to look more seriously at the eGo, particularly the eGo-C, due to the advice you folks have given. To you eGo users, is their any inconvenience to the eGo's larger size compared to the 510? That was really my motivation for considering it for a home use device, while continuing to use my 510-t at work. That, and I've finally gotten my coworkers aclimatized to my "smoking" right at my desk.

I use an ego-T USB pass through while at work with an atty and a drip tip. I just started vaping the fist week of January and have been using my first atty for over 4 weeks now and it is still going strong. I use cartos when I am not at work and am only on my second one. I might have still been on my first one if i would not have messed it up trying to fill it before I knew what I was doing. I am using the XL mega dual coil cartos.

its no bigger around than a sharpie. Honestly, the size in no way affects use at work or out and about. The higher the mah...650 - 1000 the longer the battery. The 650 is about the same length as the standard 510. The battery time between charges is significantly better than with the 510. The ego batteries are interchangable with 510 atomizers/tanks. The ego tanks also hold more liquid than the 510 tanks.

Overall...the ego is an excellent investment. IMHO

The only problem with the standard ego is it is regulated to 3.4 ish volts. If you are looking into an ego type battery I highly recommend the kgo from Hoosier e cig supply. It has a max charge or 4.3 volts and an 1100mAh battery.

Check out pbusardos review for it on YouTube.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Samsung Fascinate

You can only get a month out of an atomizer? Well it seems like I haven't even got that out of mine. I have used mine like possibly 10 days out of all the times I have used it maybe a little more and it seems to give me cold vapor and it doesn't seem to have any taste either. If I don't inhale then there is a taste but it isn't that strong. So what exactly is up with that?

You can only get a month out of an atomizer? Well it seems like I haven't even got that out of mine. I have used mine like possibly 10 days out of all the times I have used it maybe a little more and it seems to give me cold vapor and it doesn't seem to have any taste either. If I don't inhale then there is a taste but it isn't that strong. So what exactly is up with that?

You are using a cheap atomizer

Try the Cisco LR 306

Www.avidvaper.com

Puts out plumes of warm Vapor on my reo.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

• 2 weeks later...

depends on what atty you use. i have boge one 2.5 ohms and been using one of them foe over a month. i dont use carts tho just drip with it. but i dont drip alot either. but a atty runs from 5-15 bucks and carts if you have fluval u can put new filler in them and reuse em forever.

So, is it that you get a better flavor and vapor production from an atty rather than a cartomizer?

fixed that for ya.

atty=atomizer

carto=cartomizer

cart=cartridge

there's no such thing as an atty/carto. there's atty/tanks and carto/tanks. the whole tank thing can be confusing.

yes flavor is generally better out of an atty than it is out of a carto, because the atty has no filler material like carto's do. carto's use polyfill to suspend the juice in the be vaporized. when you drip on an atty the juice is being vaporized directly off the coil, polyfill from a carto can tend to "mute" flavors. the benefit of a carto over an atty is that most carto's hold 1ml and up, so less filling. whereas with dripping you have to drip a few drops on, take a few hits and repeat. with carto's you fill a bunch of juice in and go.

atty= best flavor, possibly better vapor production

carto= best convenience.

Thanks, guys. I really have a lot to learn. I've only been using cartomizers, but I'm just about ready to switch. Since I have a good battery (provari), then all I have to do is to by atomizers, right? lol! I feel silly.

and drip tips

the cisco 306 get's rave reviews but it's about $20 if i remember and if i were new to dripping that is not where i would start. pick up a joye 306 atty and a 306 drip tip and give it a whirl, should be able to get em both for under ten bucks.

then pick up a 510 atty, and 510 drip tip. the 306 and 510's are cheap enough that you can try em both and if dripping's not for you you haven't lost any more than about $20 and you know to stick to carto's lol.

btw, the 510 drip tips are also compatible with 510/808/901 cartomizers as well. just pop out the little rubber cap and replace with the drip tip and it makes topping off carto's much easier.

Edited by blucavvy

and drip tips

the cisco 306 get's rave reviews but it's about $20 if i remember and if i were new to dripping that is not where i would start. pick up a joye 306 atty and a 306 drip tip and give it a whirl, should be able to get em both for under ten bucks.

then pick up a 510 atty, and 510 drip tip. the 306 and 510's are cheap enough that you can try em both and if dripping's not for you you haven't lost any more than about $20 and you know to stick to carto's lol.

btw, the 510 drip tips are also compatible with 510/808/901 cartomizers as well. just pop out the little rubber cap and replace with the drip tip and it makes topping off carto's much easier.

*blinks... uh.. OK! :D (*thinking 'what's a drip tip')

Edited by Breal

not a problem, someone can correct me if i'm wrong but basically when you get the atty, drip maybe 4-5 drops directly onto the atty, puff until flavor starts to dissipate, then add another drop or two everytime flavor starts to diminish again. you should get like 6 or 7 hits per 2 drops or so i believe. you don't want to drip too much on it or you'll flood the atty, let it run dry and you'll burn it out.

this is how i've always done it anyways. wouldn't hurt to get some info from other members on how they drip though, as personally i don't even really like dripping lol

not a problem, someone can correct me if i'm wrong but basically when you get the atty, drip maybe 4-5 drops directly onto the atty, puff until flavor starts to dissipate, then add another drop or two everytime flavor starts to diminish again. you should get like 6 or 7 hits per 2 drops or so i believe. you don't want to drip too much on it or you'll flood the atty, let it run dry and you'll burn it out.

this is how i've always done it anyways. wouldn't hurt to get some info from other members on how they drip though, as personally i don't even really like dripping lol

So, if you don't like dripping, what do you do?