Need Vaping Hardware Advice

Soberrider

OK, I'm another new guy in search of satisfaction when it comes to vapor quantity and throat hit. I seem to be having trouble with what I have bought so far. The first e-cig I tried was from a company called E-Cigs Brand. I quickly decided it was too weak and didn't satisfy me. I then tried a brand in my home town called WestSide Vapor which turned out to be the exact same hardware as the first. I did try their 24mg nic. cartomizers though, and so far it has been the best experience. After doing more research, I decided to go ahead and buy what was said to be one of the best models which was the Joye Dura-C 510. I have to say that the much less expensive one (WestSide Vapors) did a better job. I then decided to buy a sample pack of juices from Cryrtal and got all 100% PG 24mg nic. I was again disappointed with vapor and throat hit. I then bought 5 (cartomizers) to fill and was still bummed with the 510. Now I am waiting on some 100% VG 24mg nic. juice to mix with what I have in hopes it will help. I have already spent too much with unsatisfactory results and am asking for help. What have I done wrong here? What can I do to improve? Can I make the 510 I have work better? I just want the same kind of feel and vapor that I was getting from tobacco cigs. Am I asking too much from an e-cig or what?

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT,

Soberrider

You are only gonna get a certain level of satisfaction from the mini ecigs. I would recommend stepping up to an eGo and some LR attys or cartos, heck you may even wanna start looking at higher voltage PV's for clouds of vapor and throat hit. :)

Welcome to Vapor Talk ;)

definitely manual batteries, much easier to control the length of the draw. Really recommend the 510 lr attys. The biggest difference between the ego and 510's is the length of time between charges...the 510's have a much shorter battery life between charges.

24mg liquids should give you the throat hit you are looking for....have you tried dripping? For me, dripping with a 510 LR atty works wonders.

From there you are looking at a higher voltage mod or a variable voltage mod. The 510 and ego batteries come in about 3.7Volts.

Hang in there....Trial and error come with the learning curve. sometimes, just takes a bit to find the set up that works the best for you

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

I agree with Jeff and Kitsune. Get some bigger batteries (eGo) with LR attys. Try direct dripping with the attys and get some Boge 2.0ohm cartomizers for when dripping isn't convenient.

The 100% VG juice will give you huge vapor, but will probably have a softer throat hit. You may want to look for something in between. I usually use a mix of 20-30% VG.

yeas go with a ego, or epower, or a vv mod. a few attys, and some ce2 cartomizers and you will be happy. those little auto batteries are only good for one thing. paper weight.

Hello Soberrider and welcome to Vapor talk. The short answer is, there is no short answer.

The righ hardware depends on a lot of differnt factors. The best anyone can really tell you is what works best for them and how they vape. Over the 2 years that I have been vaping my likes and dislikes have changed.

For batteries I like the eGo type or manual battery. I can share with you my current everyday setup.

1. eGo passthrough from vaportalk store

2. Juice from ivape.net

3. Carto's from gotvapes.com

The most important this to try differnt combinations until you find the combination that works for you.

I am not a big fan of cartomizers, I can always taste the filler material and they seem to dry out way too fast. The Vision Extreme Carto's from Got Vapes work very well for me. When I am not using them, I go with de-bridged Atty's and direct drip.

Hope this helps.

We all end up spending a bit more....always new things. In the beginning I spent a bit, currently I spend about 1/2 what I would if I still smoked (and I know I would still be smoking). I could probably spend much less, but I just can't resist new stuff.

I was never able to do the hand rolled thing....instead I would spend 45-50 $ a carton...The best choice I ever made was to give vaping a try, That was 2 1/2 years ago.

I know starting out can be a bit overwhelming. When I started we only had a couple choices and that was that.

Im glad you are giving vaping a shot....you really won't be sorry.

• 1 year later...

sober rider....nice to hear you started with a westside vapor......they have been a start to many ex smokers giving vapor a try......the is a local shop you may want to try, called buckeye vapor. And I heard that westside vapor was opening up shop on the east side and offering their egos, and mod units.