Remember Your E-Cig Roots

At the start of a new year we tend to look back on the past year and reflect on what we've done and look forward on what we plan to do. I've recently passed my 2 year mark here on VaporTalk and wonder where the hell the time has gone.Although I haven't been here as long as some others I have noticed so many changes, both on the forum and with the people.

So many have come and gone, and you wonder where they went and why they left? Chris has said that it's the nature of a forum.

Not being on many I wouldn't know, but I can't help but wonder why? Did they just get tired? Have they gone to other forums? Or did they just give up? I can't imagine finding a better, friendlier, or more helpful forum than VT. I have many people here to thank for helping me when I first started out to quit analogs. With their help and encouragement I'm coming up on 2 years smoke free.

So what all this is leading up to is never forget where you started and who helped you along. If this forum was your first stop in a new way of getting healthier then don't give up on the forum. Stop bye from time to time, say hello, let us know how you're doing and how your e-cig journey is coming along. I myself am guilty of not coming bye as often as I should, but I have never forgotten where I got my start. So stop bye from time to time, say hello, maybe you can help someone else on their way to quit.

The people here really do care and like to help.

Hope to see you all often. :yes

Good luck and Happy Vaping!

Edited by snubber

Very Well Said. VT has been a great home with a great group of friendly helpful friends. VT wasn't my first stop in my vaping journey, but it is where I have stayed for the last couple years, and hopefully for a few more yet to come.

VT was my first and still my home forum. I think that as we grow in this hobby we start to expand our vaping circles, I know that I have. VT is a special place for me and I need to take the time to visit more often myself. Thank you for your gentle reminder Snubber I will be here more often I promise. Love to my VT family:)

Very heartfelt post, Snubber. Happy New Year to you.

I got started here. I'm still here. Heeey Hoooh! *put your hands up*

Lisa's always such the cup o' sweetness. *cheers*

As much as I despise doing a "me too" post, I do agree Snubber. I think that all of the new podcasts and forums started in the past year has scattered folks far and wide. More places to go then vaporers to fill them. I encounter old familar names in all of the ones I visit.

The new social media of G+ has made private or exclusive what was once public and accessable to anyone in the forum posts and chat. Its all about invitations, hangouts and approvals now. If not invited or popular your out. If you are not known you maybe ignored. If you don't know about it you will never be told.

The curious and new folks will still need places like VaporTalk to get started and will still need good and current information. We can still give them a leg up with or without the old regulars. Once you get tired talking about the new diamond encrusted gold plated conspicuous consumption mod powered by unobtainium come on back and help a newbie choose a Ego.

I'm hoping though not counting... that Google will allow embedding or integration of their video software into other platforms. Whether that will happen, time will tell but it'd probably bring video chat back.

If not, I'm sure given enough time, it will phase out like other things in the community :) VT is sort like home base I like to think.

Congrats on being 2yr smoke free, Snubbers!!

Your post really hits home with me too. The times I grabbed traditionals were during times I had to go without the internet, the VT forum, during highly stress periods. Had I of been able to log into my favorite support group here, I wouldn't have had such an awful time of it. This place rocks.

Congrats to Snubber, DAYVAPE, myself and anyone else who is at the 2 year mark. On New Year's eve, eve, 2 years ago, I decided I wouldn't smoke butts anymore and that day I also became a VT member. I've always liked this place cause the people here seem so real. It did take me a couple of months after getting my first e-cig to quit smoking but probably because it took that long for me to find this great forum.

I see a lot of my VT family all over and I think that speaks volumes about this forum:) As far as G+ goes I have an account but have found that it does attract some, well for lack of better term, mean people. I have to say that at VaperCon this year it felt like a VT reunion:) Mark and Snubber together in the same room, heaven!