'course I Do!

DoIWannaSmoke

Do I wanna smoke? Ofcourse I do!

Hello VTers, my name is Keith I am new to this forum, I am a smoker, although I have been trying to give up for a few years, I have so far been unsuccesfull. I do stop for a while, with various NRT and it works for so long, but there are times when only the satifaction of a real cig will do.

I get patches and lozenges free on prescription, so the thought of paying for the likes of e cig, seem a little bit daft, however I seem to be willing to pay for analogs, so why not e cigs? well I suppose it's because since I've been tempted to the idea, I've been confused by the shear number of types, sizes, varieties, suppliers, prices, etc etc, that I've come across on the net!

I suppose I need a reasonable priced, decent qulity, e-cig that is available in the U.K or available for shipping to the U.K without the fear of inferior product or just plane rip off! Which is what I was looking for when I stumbled on your forum here, I probably won't post much, but \i plan too have a browse through the forum and read some the posts, hopefully eventually finding some clarity, and sense about the e-cig phenomenon.

if tyou want to know anything else about me just ask.

cheers e noo Keith

When I first joined this forum, all I heard was "get an eGo." I eventually listened and I gotta say, it's good advice. Not only is the battery life great compared to kiosk ecigs, but the amount of compatible accessories is mind-boggling. I'll definitely replace my eGo if anything happens to it.

I first started vaping to beat a ban at work and I intended to smoke in the "free world" but I soon lost my tatse for analogs alltogether.Been two year + and out of curiosity I bought a pack of Camels.The first wan't too bad ,the second one was pretty bad,gave the rest away.End of experiment.The Ego or any Joye ,DSE or KR kit would be good ,stay away from the ones that are rebranded and where they won't tell you what kind it actually is.

Keith:

You’re going to need some hardware that meets your expectations.

I recommend http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp for the Joye eGo starter kit. You’ll have to tell us how http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/ performs.

You’re going to need something to vape too.

Get some RY4 from this place…http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/category.sc?categoryId=5. It's pretty standard e-liquid.

As long as you’re writing checks or placing credit card orders, I’d buy at least one drip tip from the websites you’re on. If they offer 3 different styles, you might want to try 3 different drip tips. They're a cheap, fun accessory that modifies the vaping experience.

Switching from analog to electronic was easier for me with a lot of forum support here.

I’ve only quit for 90 days so far, but I’ve quit for 90 days so far with the support of the folks you asked for help.

-Cantus

I did a lot of research and finally decided on the eGo. Good choice. I rec to all my friends who want to quit analogs and they love it too. Liberty-Flights is where I got mine and they had great customer service. I would recommend you consider buying some cartomizers too. (Boge) There are some videos you can learn about them here and on YouTube. I love them. I find direct dripping too messy and not convenient for me most of the time. I do use my atomizer and direct drip to test new flavors. You'll just have to find out what works for you.

Edited by cheryli

Welcome to VT!! You're making a wise choice to switch over to vaping.

I echo the eGo suggestions. I've vaped for almost 2 years and still love mine. There's never a dull moment with an eGo and even when we "outgrow" it in search of the Tim the Toolman Taylor mods, like the 6 and 7v's and VV's, we still rely on our eGos for tasting new flavors, for easy transporting, for backup, for just about every reason we can think of to get still use it.

I would recommend the eGo PT (passThrough). It lets you vape while it's charging, plus you can unplug and take and vape.

If you prefer smaller type of eCig, I would highly recommend the Volt by SmokelessImage.

Looks like your question is answered. I echo the above comments. I have several devices and still use my ego almost daily. As far as making the switch- most of us have tried everything out there to stop smoking and have failed until we found ecigs and vaping. The ecig is a miracle. Don't delay

Thanks to everybody for your welcomes, and thanks for your suggestions , and links aswell I'll be sure to check ALL of them out ( when my peerie boy gives me a mo).

It's clear to see that the eGo is the preferred e-cig of most of you, but atm I deffinatly want one of the ones that mimic the looks and size of an analog, maybe just for now till I try em out, if I hud it going then maybe I'll opt for some thats a little more substance over style, and as for mods and stuff... not yet, I think we'll get the ball rolling first.

cheers Keith

Keith- just know that if you do get the smaller analog looking device, it has poor battery life and most come pre-filled with a less than desirable ejuice. The batteries are quite expensive comparatively. ...one vape from an Ego with good juice will cure you- and the thought of getting a stick style ecig. That's just my two cents. As many have found, starting with stick batteries and quickly replacing them is a right of passage to vaping. Good luck and enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

ok I tried a cheapy 708 e-cig from ebay (got payment through before they removed the item), and aside from a little problem with unsealed dried up carts that came with, I managed to get some reasonably close fitting alternative, and I got to do some vaping! And Well I liked it. I vaped in my taxi, I vaped in my works van and my bosses pickup, I even vaped on the ferry, and after that I went home to my wife and baby.. not stinking of stale tobbaco.. and without my wife complaining "you've been smoking!"

one of the attys seems to have died, and one of the batts is not holding charge very well ( probably on acount of my impatience in wanting to try it, and not charging for 8 hours), however I still managed to get nearly all of my working day out of one cart and the two batts.

So after my "trial" having been a reasonable success, I am ready to take a bit of a plunge, and try something "proper"!, and I am looking at the eGo, just trying to iron out a few dilemas on which one to pick from especially since L-F have one that doesn't appear to be a Joye or atleast is not compatible with Joye bits. Then I'll need to choose some juice which looks like it's gonna cause some questions too.. I might have to read some more of this forum before i come to a decision!

thanks Keith

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping. LF is a great place. I have been using them for the last couple years..for me, I was excited when they opened a dealer in the US.

Can not go wrong with Ego !! LF sells a product called the Riva...Ego Replication. I haven't heard much bad about the Riva..and its a bit cheaper.

With the Ego or the Riva...compatible with 510 atomizers, 510 Tanks, 510 Cartomizers.

As you move along, you will end up trying different combinations of equipment until you find your sweet spot...trial and error. We all have our own personal preferences.

Mine is the EGO Or Riva Battery + 510LR Atomizer + Drip tip = my sweet spot.

Many love cartomizers....

As far as liquids: Usually start with flavors you like, buy 5-10ml sizes until you find the ones you really do like, then buy in larger quantities. nicotine strength starting out usually 18 and/or 24 mg is a good place to start.

At least you have been researching !!!