What Is A Good Percentage?

What is a good percentage of PG vs VG without losing much flavor? All opinions welcome.

Right now I am vaping 100% PG and got another one at 50/50 and did not care for it that much.

Would like to hear some preferences and reasons why. B)

Thx Ron

DISCLAIMER: this is based on my personal tastebuds, everybody's are different, and this may not necessarily apply to yours.

a lot of the juices i use are about 70pg/30vg from dfwvapor.com or puresmoker.com. high vg juices can be good, but only in some flavors. for instance, sweet-vapes' organic kona cream at 100% vg is awesome, same with their starbuckets mocha. it seems to be coffee flavors that lend themselves well to vg. lighter, fruity flavors are just plain terrible with a lot of vg, and end up tasting like tree bark. vg by itself has a very bark-like taste, and i suspect there are a lot of ways to make a bad tasting juice out of it. most vg-heavy juices i've tried have been pretty terrible. sweet-vapes seems to really know what they're doing with vg, maybe they just use a higher-quality vg? not sure. pg doesn't have much of a flavor on it's own, so the flavoring is all you're really tasting. getting the mix right was one of the most difficult (and expensive) for me in the beginning.

I've tried a couple of 100% pg juices, but there was just something a bit off about them for me, hard to put my finger on, but i think at least some vg is necessary in almost any juice. plus pg is very thin, and more prone to leaking than vg, which is very thick, which makes it challenging to use with cartomizers, as it takes forever to fill them. at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference, just don't box yourself into one mix, or you might be missing out on something that you'll really like.

DISCLAIMER: this is based on my personal tastebuds, everybody's are different, and this may not necessarily apply to yours.

a lot of the juices i use are about 70pg/30vg from dfwvapor.com or puresmoker.com. high vg juices can be good, but only in some flavors. for instance, sweet-vapes' organic kona cream at 100% vg is awesome, same with their starbuckets mocha. it seems to be coffee flavors that lend themselves well to vg. lighter, fruity flavors are just plain terrible with a lot of vg, and end up tasting like tree bark. vg by itself has a very bark-like taste, and i suspect there are a lot of ways to make a bad tasting juice out of it. most vg-heavy juices i've tried have been pretty terrible. sweet-vapes seems to really know what they're doing with vg, maybe they just use a higher-quality vg? not sure. pg doesn't have much of a flavor on it's own, so the flavoring is all you're really tasting. getting the mix right was one of the most difficult (and expensive) for me in the beginning.

I've tried a couple of 100% pg juices, but there was just something a bit off about them for me, hard to put my finger on, but i think at least some vg is necessary in almost any juice. plus pg is very thin, and more prone to leaking than vg, which is very thick, which makes it challenging to use with cartomizers, as it takes forever to fill them. at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference, just don't box yourself into one mix, or you might be missing out on something that you'll really like.

Tree bark...that is a new description I haven't heard before. I like it. :)

• 2 weeks later...