My House Smells Nice

So I've been smoke free for what, maybe 3 years now I think? My smell is pretty sensitive these days and I can smell things I never used to notice. I came home today and thought, mmm, my house smells good. :lol:

We have one of those glad plugins by the door and when I smoked we had the same thing, though I never noticed. My wife would asked, do you like the smell? I'd say, they all smell the same.

So, what smells good to you these days folks? (heh, wonder how long it will take to hear a sexual joke)

I can smell a smoker a mile away now. Whether Im shopping or at work, they just reek to me. Its funny you brought this subject up because last night we were having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and while I was eating I thought to myself how much better food tastes nowadays.

yea I agree food tastes MUCH better than it used to. I find myself trying new things to.

I agree about smelling smokers, I never used to notice it before. You know what's funny though, when I smoked, the smell of smoke actually smelled different. It smelled honestly, great to me. It had a nutty sweet taste. I didn't mind the smell on me at all or other smokers. But now, it smells completely different. When people say you smell like an ashtray I thought it was just the whiners, but no, smokers really do smell the way an ashtray does. Just not quite as strong.

I would have to agree on all points. When I smoked I only noticed the great smell of a lit cigarette, not the ashtray smell everyone else was getting. Food has always tasted good to me but it does seem to be getting better as time goes on.

When I go on my trips for work I can always tell what floor of the hotel is the smoking level.....good thing I don't have to go there anymore.

And I've never been a big flower fan, but I can notice the ones I like a lot more now...Wysteria (sp?) honeysuckle...all a lot better now.

And BD...have to agree with you on the litter box...DAMN!thumbsdown.gif

Oh God I didn't to see that again. Thanks Chris!

I spend most of my time stuck in front of a computer so in an effort to stay the goraphobia I take walks through the neighborhood everyday. Especially since I've given up analogs and no longer get that hourly break. Man I can smell all kinds of flowers and people cooking out on the grill. I had forgotten all about some smells. It's like a new world! The most noticeable thing though is chlorine. Yup, two people have pools here and I can smell then from over two blocks away. Maybe they're just overdoing it. I can't say I have noticed any food tasting better though my taste have always been sort of bland.

Good topic!

I could probably list more than a dozen things I can smell now that I couldn't smell for years - including coffee in the morning, the flowers on our lilac bushes, freshly shampooed hair, puppy breath, the clean smell of the air right after a gentle rain, and laundry dried on a clothesline. So many, nice, subtle smells that I didn't even realize I couldn't smell before. On the other hand, some bad smells that I could smell before are stronger now - most noticeably (lately) the smell of a skunk. And I completely agree with the smokers. They smell awful now! It used to be that the smell would make me want a cigarette. So would the smell of the smoke from a cigarette burning. Not any more!

I have to say it's probably the subtle smelled I notice more now also. Though I have to say I do miss sitting on the patio. Though I could do that now, it's boring. Before when smoking I sort of had a reason. Smoking is relaxing when mixed with outdoors. You can do the same thing vaping but, meh, it's more fun vaping in the house.

Heh, how many of you still roll the window down in your car? I can't break that habit. I still vape with the window down.

LOL @ Chris. I thought I was the only one who did that. Guilty. I still roll the window down. Luckily I've never thrown an ecig out the window though. (sorry, Chris, I had to throw that in there LOL)

At almost ten months into vaping, I have to agree with what everyone wrote above. Smokers smell nasty. No amount of perfume covers it up. And perfume and ashtray just don't work for me. Running is easier and smells better outdoors in the spring for sure. (Though after running smells a bit worse now, too. :X ) When I first started vaping, I kept rolling the window down in the car. Then it got cold and I realized I didn't have to do that. Though I did have to run the defroster a bit more often because it got humid in the car. I do still go out to the garage now that it's warmer to vape and talk on the phone, but I didn't in the winter. I stayed toasty inside and vaped. I also drank less alcohol these last ten months. Saved my waist line. I sleep better. Not as much snoring.

And, yeah, my house smells nice. :)

I will never forget the day I could smell water as it was coming out of the tub faucet. That is when I realized how much cigarettes had robbed me of wonderful smells and forgotten memories. I quickly flashed back to when I was a kid playing in the 3 foot deep, but it together yourself, swimming pool and the clean smell of water.

I too can now smell the fowl smell of cigarettes on peoples clothing as I pass them on the street or in the grocery store. My first thought is "I use to smell like that, yuck"!

I will never forget the day I could smell water as it was coming out of the tub faucet

Yup diddo, so much so I purchased a water filter for my shower

http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-WSH-C125-Wall-Mount-Capacity-Showerhead/dp/B0006VVN1S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308541278&sr=8-3

Which by the way does wonderes for dry hair, sorry off topic :)

Quite a few times I've been able to smell cigarette smoke while sitting at a stop light in traffic. Since my wife finally quit the analogs a few months ago, I'm really starting to pick up on smoke and smokers.

What smells good to me these days is a closet full of clean clothes. No more smoking in the house means clean clothes stay clean smelling.

Never noticed that before vaping.

I love the smell of dryer sheets !!! Can actually smell them when I put on fresh clean clothesthumbsup.gif

On the down side all 3 dogs get a lot more baths since I quit smoking....nuke.gif