Tough Times

My name is Brian and I'm a vapoholic. It's been almost 6 months since I last purchased a PV. Yes, I ordered my Provari in December so I'm coming up on 6 months without a new PV. It's been a struggle, but lately the temptation has been worse than ever and with all the new mods coming out I don't know how much longer I can hold out. How do you avoid the temptation?

Of course, the Eclipse will be out soon (end of month or early July I believe). While the price may keep me away from this one, who knows...

http://www.digitalciggz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77&products_id=324

I've never been a fan of how the GLV looks, but I have to admit this feeder system looks pretty sweet.

http://greatlakesvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=97

Vaprlife has released the Diamante.

http://www.vaprlife.com/5-volt-cigs/the-diamante/

The Notcigs pro line is also coming soon. However, I hear that the VVPV is back in the works and could be a couple of months out. I've always thought this was hot.

http://www.notcigs.com/products/VVPV-.html

Avoid the temptation? Ummmm...you don't. Simple.

So that only leaves choosing one of the PVs you mentioned. You already have the best VV unit around, so you don't need to even think about something different. That eliminates the Diamante. Since you've been wanting the VVPV for so long you might as well count those other two out and just go with the VVPV. There ya go. Problem solved. :innocent:

Vape on.

There are indeed some pretty cool mods coming out! I have my eye on the eclipse myself but it depends on what the prices end up being. It looks a bit large to me but I hear it's comfortable. I'd love for them to come out with a smaller version. But I'm a geek and the touch sensitive interface sounds pretty bad ***. :D

Notcigs pro line looks nice also.

I guess Ive gotten bored with the mod market. There isnt anything out there that screams out my name saying "buy me". :D I have been spoiled with my Provari, and I know that the next mod I buy will have to be VV. The Diamante' tempted me at first but it looks so damn long in the pics. I guess I will be waiting for awhile until I slap down my card for a new mod.

Hey Brian, Your in the wrong 12 step group. You want to be next door in the Modaholic Group! I oh so remember drooling over your PV collection just a week back!

I admit, the Eclipse looks like the cutting edge mod. But wouldn't you like some other folks to test this bad boy out for a few months first?????

I have to agree with you regarding the look of the GLV's. But according to Jay, he is coming out with a super new PV and I am waiting to see what that one looks like.

Despite the fact that Chris can relate to the length of the Diamante', don't you thing its going to be a little difficult to carry around?

Dude, you already have the hottest PV, Provari. And lets not forget that you have a Mark Mod!

I think you should put your credit card in a plastic container filled with water and place it in the freezer. Once it is frozen, if your really, really, have to have a new mod, go ahead and defrost your card. Maybe by the time it defrosts, you'll talk yourself out of it. And, its no fair defrosting in the microwave!

You can thank me by selling me your Mark Mod at a low, low, low, discount price! LOL!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sharon

I'm going to have to join that support group. Just made the plunge and ordered the Pro Vari. My husband doesn't know it yet but he bought it for me for our anniversary. :whistle: Hopefully this will my only mod. :lol:

Don't get me wrong here, I love my Provari! However, that doesn't stop me from wanting something new. I think what's helped me "just say no" is the thought of what else may be coming soon. LOL!

@Sharon - I'll be taking my Mark Mod to the grave! LOL!

I feel ya, brother Brian, it is certainly weird not to have a new device in 6 months. I am waiting for my damn precious v2 to arrive (long story...). However, I am in the same mindset as Jeff. It has to be VV and nothing new has really appealed to me. Diamante is too long and the only feature I find useful is the pulse so I would prefer a pulse Joker but even that is kinda "meh".

I did have good luck with the Liquinator tank system. Been about a month and it is working great.

Come on modders! I am burning to buy a new pv but it has to be better than the Provari. The only way I see my Provari getting replaced is if either 1) new mod does the same thing as Provari, including batt life, but smaller and lighter or 2) has a reliable auto juice feeder.

Maybe there is another enhancement to vaping that we haven't thought of yet but I personally think the innovation development of the PV is kinda tapped out.

+1 on the Size. We have a lot of features available it would be nice see more focus on portability. I'm aware of how tough this is but we've got some smart cookies.

I'd love to see a device with Pro Vari features, placed into something that looks likes a Janty Stick. And at no more than twice the size tops. Square devices tend to look less strange in public as apposed to a long tube.

I've asked this question before, but just how many mods does one person need? Especially since they all basically do the same thing at the same voltages.

Granted, the provari and a few of the V.V mods are more interesting for switching voltage, but most of the rest are either 3.7/6 or 5v. I mean it's not like you're going to carry every mod you own around with you to show off to non-vapers. You'll grab the one that's the easiest to carry or hide in your pocket and a bottle or two of juice and head out the door. Maybe it's the Scrooge in me, but I've just never been able to figure out why someone needs two or three of the same box mod or big battery mod when an Ego or similar pv will do. Especially when you look at the price of some of them. Some people have thousands of dollars tied up in fancy mods.

Now don't get me wrong...there are a lot of beautiful mods out there, and many interesting styles and shapes. But when you get right down to it, they all do the same thing....vape.smoke.gif

That really is a good point, snubber. Perhaps some of us are "obsessed"? I know I was in the beginning. I had to try as many different models as I could. Once I got the eGo and LR attys, I knew I'd found my perfect vape. I loved my Black Silver Bullet, but used it mostly for driving because of the long lasting battery and for 5V vaping at the computer - until it quit working (gotta get it fixed). It wasn't until many months later I got concerned about a ban and didn't know what I'd do without my eGo (if I couldn't get the batteries) that I got the provape because I could get batteries for it anywhere. Then I heard about those "juice box" type mods and I had to have those for driving. Now I think my obsession for new PVs is over, but I can't say I won't ever get another either. My obsession for vaping will never go away. :smoke:

And don't forget...we NEED plenty of BACKUPS!!!!!!!

I just can't believe you made it 6 mos brian !!! That in and of itself is an accomplishmentthumbsup.gif

Not going to be any help with choosing......Mostly because I have the exact same problem....I hate choosing and keep going back and forth and then end up not being able to make a decision.

I too am a vapeaholic and am quickly becoming (or have already become) a PV hoarderdribble.gif

Do you really think people are collecting the same types of mods? Perhaps you are correct and perhaps its a matter of perspective. I own a Joker, Provari and a precious. While the all may seem like the same on the surface, I think they are all quite different. The Provari has the incredible battery life, the joker is the "light" one and the Precious is the smallest and has an autofeeder. I also have a Mark's Mod too but well...that one is simply special.

My wife also looks at my collection of laptops (6) and thinks it is ridiculous but I think it makes all the sense in the world; some are linux, some are windows, some are macs, some are 32bit and some are 64bit, etc. I do different things with them and they all get used frequently.

I will admit, I love to collect PVs and computers and I probably have more than I need but I certainly don't have as many as I want either. =)