South Central Pa - Vape Meet-Up

I just found out about this up coming vape meet-up tonight. Come Hell or high waters, I will be there. I hope all my Central PA friends can come! thumbsup.gif

Here is the information:

Hi all South Central PA Vapor's, we are trying to get a new meet-up started.

The meet-up will be on Saturday April 30th from 8pm til ??? We will be meeting at Cobblestones in York, PA. There is parking at the bank next to Cobblestones. If you are unfamiliar with the area please send an email to: vapeyork@gmail.com with any questions.

Cobblestones is located at:

205 South George Street, York, PA 17401-5501

http://www.cobblestonesyork.com/

We will be upstairs on the balcony, in the back (on the right side of the bar a semi private area with banquet tables). There will be a server dedicated to us for the evening, so if you can chip in at least $5 to leave them a nice tip, it would be appreciated, but not necessary. We just need an official headcount, since we were asked to make a reservation. If you could send an email to: vapeyork@gmail.com with your headcount, including any friends that will be joining you, it would be appreciated. We are just trying to make it easier on cobblestones, since they were nice enough to let us in.

Bring all your gear and anything you want to share.

BlueMistVaping.com will be bringing some free samples for people to try.

Edited by Sharon

I just found out about this up coming vape meet-up tonight. Come Hell or high waters, I will be there. I hope all my Central PA friends can come! thumbsup.gif

Here is the information:

Hi all South Central PA Vapor's, we are trying to get a new meet-up started.

The meet-up will be on Saturday April 30th from 8pm til ??? We will be meeting at Cobblestones in York, PA. There is parking at the bank next to Cobblestones. If you are unfamiliar with the area please send an email to: vapeyork@gmail.com with any questions.

Cobblestones is located at:

205 South George Street, York, PA 17401-5501

http://www.cobblestonesyork.com/

We will be upstairs on the balcony, in the back (on the right side of the bar a semi private area with banquet tables). There will be a server dedicated to us for the evening, so if you can chip in at least $5 to leave them a nice tip, it would be appreciated, but not necessary. We just need an official headcount, since we were asked to make a reservation. If you could send an email to: vapeyork@gmail.com with your headcount, including any friends that will be joining you, it would be appreciated. We are just trying to make it easier on cobblestones, since they were nice enough to let us in.

Bring all your gear and anything you want to share.

BlueMistVaping.com will be bringing some free samples for people to try.

Thanks for adding this here...This is Felt from ECF. I just wanted to update it for you. Some of us will be getting there around 7. But whenever you all show up is fine. Look forward to meeting you all. Sorry for the short notice but I now have a liaison here to keep you all updated on future meetups.

Liaison Sharon reporting in Felt. LOL Since I am out of work at the moment, being a liaison gives me something important to do besides looks for a job and reading the posts. Well of course vaping too!!! I am planning on being there @ 7 PM to help you as much as I can to set up. Felt, is there anything I can bring, like paper towels, name tags, paper, pens, etc? I am so excited about this meet. I just wish I had know sooner so I could get in touch with some of the vendors to see if they would donate juice samples and such. Maybe this will be so successful that we will grow and have a meet every month. With samples from lots of different vendors and door prizes too! Ok Sharon, just stay in today!!! LOL

Lol I think we should have everything covered that we need. I'm going to print up name tags in case we want to use them. An I'll steal some pens from work. Thanks for the offer. You are more than welcome to take care of anything but don't feel obligated. Just shoot me a email with what you wanna do if anything.

Just want to say thank you to everyone that came out this evening. You all made for a great night. To bad the service sucked but we should have a better time next month. I believe we are going to shoot for a few hours earlier. Possibly around 5.

A big thanks to red for giving away all those DIY supplies. I know they will go to good use and what is left over is going to be brought back for the next meet up.

Also sharon for bringing a giant pack of napkins to blow out those juices between Flavors.

Rob from blue mist. Thanks for the horrid crab juice. It was time for a new atty And drip tip anyway. (sharon I wish you the best of luck on removing that stuff from both. Hopefully it doesn't get ripe like crabs sitting out to long)

And everyone else for sharing your juices. Means a lot to have the community that we do.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, I know I did. Great juices and great company always make for a good time.

Again thanks to everyone for making a great evening and hope to see all those who were unable to make it this time at next months meetup.

copying my posts from ECF

I am looking at the calendar and it looks like the 28th is the last saturday of the month. As I mentioned earlier I would like to try for a earlier time. I will talk with Cobblestones this week and see about 5 PM on the 28th of May. I will keep everyone posted as I get more info. Also If anyone else is a frequent visitor of other forums please let me know. I would like to have some presence on those as well.

Awww, damn, I just saw this now... I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, as I had to work last night, and I think York is kinda far for me, but I'd really like to attend some kind of meet-up. I'd prefer a location not quite so close to one of my ex girlfriends though, if at all possible.

Awww, damn, I just saw this now... I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, as I had to work last night, and I think York is kinda far for me, but I'd really like to attend some kind of meet-up. I'd prefer a location not quite so close to one of my ex girlfriends though, if at all possible.

Well Der, since we don't have any idea where your ex's live, thats going to be quite difficult. Its a shame all your ex's don't live in Texas!

A fun time was had by all. PA Dave, I'm glad you were able to make it before going to work. Hope you were too late for work!

Felt, thanks so much for putting this all together. Ok VT folks, that 28 days notice for the next meet up. Put it on your calendars.

It was great meeting everyone, sharing their juices and experiences. Felt, cleaning the Crab Juice out of your atty is going to be a job I have scheduled for Tuesday. It should be nice and ripe by then. LOL Red, thanks for the flavors and bottles. That was awesome of you to bring all your DIY supplies and offering them for the taking. I have what was left over and will be bring them to the next meet. Next month we will help you up the stairs and make sure there is some no alcohol beer for you. Little Mommies need to be taken care of! LOL TNT, thanks for picking up all my supplies that landed on the floor under the table. I know that was about as much fun as playing 52 Card Pick-up! LOL I'm glad you got the Crab Juice. Rob, it sure was nice meeting you and thank you for bring the juice samples. The Crab Juice was the hit of the party! Judge, don't forget your wig on the 28th, I have a battery operated fan you can use when your head starts sweating. LOL As soon as I get a crash course in posting pics, I'll post the mugshots for all to see. LOL

Looking forward to seeing everyone on May 28th.

Well Der, since we don't have any idea where your ex's live, thats going to be quite difficult. Its a shame all your ex's don't live in Texas!

LOL, well one lives really close to george street. I forget exactly what street it was on, but I remember taking george street to get to her house. Anyway, I don't really expect to have everyone move the meeting place for me, I just don't wanna run into her again.

oh so... funny . :thumbsup: still lol

Update from Felt:

I just spoke with cobblestones and the owner was apologetic about our service.

So for the info everyone needs

Cobblestones

205 South George Street

York, PA 17401-5501

(717) 848-3866

Saturday. May 28th 5PM. (reservation set for 6PM, so we will have a server at that time).

I know this is memorial day weekend so if most people have plans for that Saturday we can look at a later time on Friday May 27th.

I need to know which day within the next week. I would like to get the info to VaporCast once again for the preshow announcement

I would like a headcount once again. If you could email me at info@whiterosevapersclub.com I would appreciate it.

I have some things in the works right now....a site for us, and some other goodies in the works. I'll let you know as I get to them. I am going to need a bit of info from everyone when that stage comes.

Anyway keep a eye out for more info to come.

Check out the Daily Buzz http://www.dailybuzzpa.com/deal/yorkhanover/half-20-handcrafted-food-cobblestones-restaurant-1?utm_source=i&utm_campaign=da3&utm_medium=email&blastID=73292&rcpEmail=sluers%40aol.com Cobblestone coupon worth $20 for only $10. You can use it at the next Meet-Up. Hours of vaping with other local vapors and good food too! Hurry, only 13 hours left to get your coupon. thumbsup.gif

UPDATE FROM HANDTHATFEEDS242 AKA: Felt

Ok....Well I want to create some ID cards for everyone. I am going to get some plastic sleeves and lanyards to put these in. I also want to create a card for each month that will have the date and any vendors that donate juices or devices for us to try. We are in the works of trying to get some vendors to donate things for the meetups. What I would need from everyone is First Name, Forum Name, and a photo or image (your avatar possibly?) to place on your card. As we get new faces I will create new cards for them as well. If anyone has suggestions for these cards it would be greatly appreciated. Anyway if you can all get that to info@whiterosevapersclub.com ASAP I would appreciate it so I dont have to do everything last minute.

ID-Card.png

Hi everyone,Brandon from the meetup. I just wanted to let everyone know the next meetup is set for May 28th. I threw a site together quickly where I would like everyone to go to RSVP. The site is www.whiterosevapersclub.com . You can find the RSVP under events. I also want to throw together ID cards for everyone. You can see an example in the photos section. Anyway if you need any more info let me know. Take care everyone,Brandon Shearer

• 2 weeks later...

The May meet-up is less than a week away!!!!!! Go to the website, www.whiterosevapersclub.com or the facebook page, White Rose Vapers Club, and RSVP.

Date: Saturday May 28, 2011

Time: 5:00 PM - ??????

Place: Cobblestone's Restaurant and Sports Emporium 205 South George Street

York, PA 17401-5501

(717) 848-3866

All past, present, and future vapor's are welcome. Bring your gear and put your vape on!

We have received e-liquid samples from: Vapor Talk Store, Blue Mist Vaping, Sweet-Vapes, The Vapor Room, and Eminent Vapor. And, we are expecting samples to arrive from Cherry Vape and Perfect Electronic Cigarette before Saturday.

Cherry Vape is donating some Drip Tips for the door prize and we have a Turbine Atomizer and cart (Got Vapes).

There will be a waiter assigned to our private area (upstairs on the balcony) so your can order drinks and food (everyone is responsible for their own orders). Please tip the waiter accordingly.

We had a great time last month meeting other vapor's, sharing juices, seeing different vaping devices and finding out how well they work.

If you have any questions you can leave a reply here, go to the website and send a message, or email info@whiterosevapersclub.com.

Hope to see you Saturday night! jump.gif

Just dropped in to thank The White Rose Vapers Club for hosting such a fine vape meet Saturday. Special thanks to Sharon for being such a gracious and knowledgeable host. I rarely socialize so I was more than a bit hesitant to drive an hour out of state, to a place I've never been, to meet with people I didn't know. I needn't have worried 'cause my wife and I were immediately welcomed and made to feel at home.

(Didn't help that we were a half hour late for the event, but no one seemed to be the least bit concerned.)

I never would have guessed this was only the club's second meet. While the atmosphere was casual, you could tell that a lot of preparation went into planning the event. Brandon and Sharon were able to get several vendors to supply juice samples and the selection was impressive, to say the least. While I did sample a handful of flavors, I didn't sample as many as I would have liked since I wasn't sure about "first timer's sampling etiquette".

("Juice hog" does not make a fine first impression...!)

What was most special was being seated close to Sharon and Dave who graciously shared their vape expertise with everyone present. This was the first time I'd seen so many different e-cigs and vape accessories up close, and man the gear was well represented. Sharon alone has enough gear...and knowledge...to start her own business. If she's not doing videos, she should be. It would be a shame to waste such expertise.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Cobblestone Restaurant. The meal (crab cakes) was excellent...and reasonably priced. Seems the restaurant was gracious enough to supply a private area in the balcony that provided ample room for those that attended. Can't complain about the service either; the waitress did a marvelous job.

Guess you can tell I had a pretty good time.

Unfortunately, the day was not without a couple hiccups. My trusty TomTom portable GPS successfully navigated us 56 miles from Baltimore MD to York PA...

...and dropped the ball at the finish line, routing us around the corner from where we needed to be (???). Had to ask a local to guide us back around the corner to the restaurant.

Then there was what seemed to be a major accident on I83, which turned the interstate into a parking lot for 45 minutes. Police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, a helicopter...somebody must have gotten seriously hurt.

Anyway, I'm glad I got the invitation to attend, and I look forward to the next meet.

(Somebody post the newbie vape meet etiquette guide...much appreciated...!)

Enjoy your Memorial Day.

Just dropped in to thank The White Rose Vapers Club for hosting such a fine vape meet Saturday. Special thanks to Sharon for being such a gracious and knowledgeable host. I rarely socialize so I was more than a bit hesitant to drive an hour out of state, to a place I've never been, to meet with people I didn't know. I needn't have worried 'cause my wife and I were immediately welcomed and made to feel at home.

(Didn't help that we were a half hour late for the event, but no one seemed to be the least bit concerned.)

I never would have guessed this was only the club's second meet. While the atmosphere was casual, you could tell that a lot of preparation went into planning the event. Brandon and Sharon were able to get several vendors to supply juice samples and the selection was impressive, to say the least. While I did sample a handful of flavors, I didn't sample as many as I would have liked since I wasn't sure about "first timer's sampling etiquette".

("Juice hog" does not make a fine first impression...!)

What was most special was being seated close to Sharon and Dave who graciously shared their vape expertise with everyone present. This was the first time I'd seen so many different e-cigs and vape accessories up close, and man the gear was well represented. Sharon alone has enough gear...and knowledge...to start her own business. If she's not doing videos, she should be. It would be a shame to waste such expertise.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Cobblestone Restaurant. The meal (crab cakes) was excellent...and reasonably priced. Seems the restaurant was gracious enough to supply a private area in the balcony that provided ample room for those that attended. Can't complain about the service either; the waitress did a marvelous job.

Guess you can tell I had a pretty good time.

Unfortunately, the day was not without a couple hiccups. My trusty TomTom portable GPS successfully navigated us 56 miles from Baltimore MD to York PA...

...and dropped the ball at the finish line, routing us around the corner from where we needed to be (???). Had to ask a local to guide us back around the corner to the restaurant.

Then there was what seemed to be a major accident on I83, which turned the interstate into a parking lot for 45 minutes. Police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, a helicopter...somebody must have gotten seriously hurt.

Anyway, I'm glad I got the invitation to attend, and I look forward to the next meet.

(Somebody post the newbie vape meet etiquette guide...much appreciated...!)

Enjoy your Memorial Day.

It was a pleasure to have you (and your wife) there! What an incredibly supportive spouse to endure the trip and all the 'vape-talk' just to be supportive. Hopefully she gives some more thought to joining our legions.

Welcome to the group and we hope to see you at future meetups!

Dave

Thank you Rip and Gloria for taking the time to travel to York, PA. I so enjoyed meeting you and your wife. Having the opportunity to spend some time getting to know you both has made my life richer. All of the e-liquids on display were donated by Vapor Talk Store, Cherry Vape, Sweet-Vapes, The Vapor Room and Perfect Electronic Cigarette (PEC Smoke Shop) for the purpose of sampling. I wish I had know Saturday night because I would have told you to sample all the juices you wanted to, as many times as you liked. Now you have to come back next month! If its God's will, we will have even more for you to try. If you have friends who vape or are thinking about vaping, bring them with you next month. The more the merrier!

Sometimes my GPS has a Senior Moment too. I'm sorry your trip home was delayed due to an accident. I'm glad you got home safely and I pray that no one was seriously hurt in the accident.

We wrapped up a few minutes before 10 PM and I my trip home was uneventful thank goodness.

The next meet-up will be June 25th. Brandon would like to set the 4th Saturday of each month as our meet dates unless there is a holiday that interferes. As soon as Brandon gives me the ok, I will post the information on the forum and send out an event notice on Facebook.

Keep in touch with me during the month and blessings to you and your family.