Fake Joye 510?

So I got my Joye 510 from the VT store about a week ago and everything has been awesome. My girlfriend and her sister both enjoyed mine and decided to order some for themselves without telling me (From another website NOT VT store). Well my girlfriends came in today and there are alot of differences between mine and hers. I'm not positive as I am pretty new to this myself but I believe she got a fake one. It was listed on the website as a Joye 510 but the instruction manual says FT510. Also the price was $39.97 which probably answers my question right there. Anyway I took some pics of the differences (My GF got the white one but I dont think there should be a difference other than color) -

Side by Side

EGIG1.jpg

Here you can see the big difference being the large gold band.

Chargers and instructions

1.jpg

Close up of chargers

2.jpg

No sticker came with the "fake" one.

LED tips

4.jpg

The "fake" one lights up a lot less.

Tip texture

CIGTOP.jpg

You cant really see it in the pic but the real one is a lighter shade of gray.

Atomizers

5.jpg

I found a link to what I believe we got-

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/384021412/FT_510_e_cigarette_e_cigarette.html

So what do you guys think? We have not used the white one at all to ensure we will be able to return it if need be. Thanks!

Yup that's a fake (Good eye!) Anytime a kit sells for around 30-40 bucks. 90% of the time it's a knock off Joye.

If the supplier wasn't selling it has a Joye model, well there isn't much you can do. If he was selling it as a Joye, I'd raise some hell :)

Awesome :thumbsdown: well I'm going to try to start the return process right now then. Thanks for your input guys!

Edit: Chris It was advertised on the site as a Joye 510. I might post their info but just waiting to see the company's reply first.

Edited by victim44

That's a shame your girl got burned with a knock-off. Hopefully you get get it returned and refunded without too much hassle.

In this budding industry it's so important to choose your vendors carefully. I have made a point of trying to stay with vendors with supply sub-forums here or of course the VT store itself.

Good luck with the return and let us know how it turns out.

Edited by ripple

In this budding industry it's so important to choose your vendors carefully. I have made a point of trying to stay with vendors with supply sub-forums here or of course the VT store itself.

I agree 100% I have only been vaping for about a week and have used the VT store, Electronicstix, and Awesomevapor ( Not on here? but have heard a lot of good things about them ). All have been outstanding especially VT store! I got my 510 faster then I could have imagined ( its like they live on my block or something :shiftyninja: ). I will continue you to use those mentioned in the supporting suppliers and make sure my GF dose as well.

I agree 100% I have only been vaping for about a week and have used the VT store, Electronicstix, and Awesomevapor ( Not on here? but have heard a lot of good things about them ). All have been outstanding especially VT store! I got my 510 faster then I could have imagined ( its like they live on my block or something :shiftyninja: ). I will continue you to use those mentioned in the supporting suppliers and make sure my GF dose as well.

AwesomeVapor is a great vendor and one of my favorites. Arno and family are wonderful. They were my first vendor so maybe thats why they hold a special place in my heart :)

So I got a reply today from the owner after I emailed them stating that I did not get a genuine Joye 510 and here is what he had to say-

"It is most certainly a Joye 510, but it is not made by Joye Tech and it is never stated on our website that they are made by Joye Tech. In fact, we have a blog article on that website stating this and why we use the company that we do to make them and not Joye Tech, as we used to. In the end, we selected the company that offered the best Joye 510 for both performance and return reasons.

China does not recognize trademark laws like the rest of the world does and can make their own Budweiser over there and call it a Budweiser, complete with the logo. Rather than getting into semantics and what you believe is a "genuine Joye 510," we will simply state that you can certainly return any unused items to us for a refund."

I know I'm new to this but did my GF make a mistake somehow? I usually don't have to read a blog before I purchase something online. Usually everything I need to know is on the page of the product I'm buying.

So I got a reply today from the owner after I emailed them stating that I did not get a genuine Joye 510 and here is what he had to say-

"It is most certainly a Joye 510, but it is not made by Joye Tech and it is never stated on our website that they are made by Joye Tech. In fact, we have a blog article on that website stating this and why we use the company that we do to make them and not Joye Tech, as we used to. In the end, we selected the company that offered the best Joye 510 for both performance and return reasons.

China does not recognize trademark laws like the rest of the world does and can make their own Budweiser over there and call it a Budweiser, complete with the logo. Rather than getting into semantics and what you believe is a "genuine Joye 510," we will simply state that you can certainly return any unused items to us for a refund."

I know I'm new to this but did my GF make a mistake somehow? I usually don't have to read a blog before I purchase something online. Usually everything I need to know is on the page of the product I'm buying.

The person who responded to you is a doofus. The manufacturer's website does not even refer to them as Joye 510's rather they are FT 510's.

Wow, what a charmer. Sorry you got screwed, I hope her set at least works well. Make sure you let us know which company it is so we don't give them business lol. Better luck with her next set.

Well my GF wont even be using it we are just going to return it. Here is his latest email to me as well-

"Chinese copyright laws take ten years to become effective, and that's only if they decide to enforce them. Currently, the only copyrights that are strictly enforced are those relating to art and literary works. Joye Tech has not been around nearly that long. That is why there are so many companies making Joye 510's - and yes, the correspondence they send to vendors says "Joye 510."

I recently visited the site of one of the major online retailers of Joye 510's who insisted that he has genuine Joye 510's. I asked if he bought from Joye Tech and he said, "of course not; nobody can meet their minimums anymore. I get it from a distributor." I asked how he knew that the distributor was sending him genuine Joye Tech products and not really good lookalikes and he said that non-Joye Tech Joye 510's don't have good atomizers. I showed him the MJT 510 and, other than a wider gold band on the atomizer, he admitted they were identical. In fact, he liked the performance of the MJT Joye 510 atomizer better.

We switched to the MJT ones because there were far fewer complaints of atomizers burning out prematurely and all of their atomizers are 2.2 ohms versus the average Joye Tech ones being at 2.4 ohms. In the end, we use whatever we get the fewest returns on."

What bugs me is that the picture of the product on the website appears to be a "Joye Tech 510" as it looks just like mine. However he states that he sells "MJT 510" and even admits to the larger gold band on the product in the email. But my package states "FT 510" and when you google both MJT and FT they look different ( MJT appears to look just like Joye tech and the FT has the much lager gold band ). So nothing so far has added up. The company in question is E-cigexpress.com and here is a link to the product-

http://www.e-cigexpress.com/p15-Discount-White-Joye-510-Starter-Kit.html?osCsid=1894c903b85fb7354f7fe5c8c0a6ea66

Please don't confuse the website with Ecigexpress.com as there is a difference being the dash in the name.

WOW

Reality <<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> vendor

My simple way of saying that vendor is not in touch with reality!

Edited by ripple

What a loser. This isnt a copyright issue. Its whether he is actually selling a Joye product which he isnt. Its called false advertising. OMG some people shouldnt breed.

Wow. So in his blog he says MJT attys were the best. Yet he sells FT 510's. :withstupid:

Exactly! In his blog he states that he went with the MJT 510's. In his email he says that he sells the MJT 510's. But my GF got a FT 510? He really seems to have all of his info and pictures in order :thumbsdown: Either way he agreed to have it returned so hopefully that will work out ok and my GF can get an actual one ( she learned her lesson on going the cheapest route )

Wow so a supplier finally admitted it. This type of thing really pisses me off. Especially because the unknowing customer is screwed.

He's basically saying this. "Yes we sell knock offs from another company but it doesn't matter because Chinese law doesn't recognize copyright"

Point #1: It wouldn't be copyright, it would be patent. Copyright protects your published writing material. Not physical hardware.

Point #2: If you can't afford to purchase genuine Joye get out of the business or don't advertise it as Joye. It took us MONTHS to save up to order from Joye Tech. They are the best, the make the best, don't buy fakes and say it doesn't matter. Sell it as a 510 not a Joye 510.

What he's saying is this, I'm going to put Ferrari emblems on a Corvette. But it's ok because there is no trademarks on it. I also know your a dumb customer looking for a Ferrari and will purchase this from me anyway.

Ditch this guy and don't let anyone else buy from him. If your going to start a business do it right. Don't screw new comers with some BS story line. If you can't afford it, sell hot dogs instead. It's not fair to the customer.

Great. I feel bad because I actually placed an order from him. It was only the eGo carrying case, but I still don't like to give my business to anyone doing false advertising. I'm glad I saw this. The shipping was great and the case I got works just fine. I was going to kick him a little more money here and there, but I will save that for the VTstore and other reputable suppliers.