Ego Newbie Observation

ego is good

people send me dead or close to dead stuff to gut and use in mods or w/e.

currently have been given 3 ego batteries.

i started with the 510 stick batteries. they both died at the same time so i jumped right into modding stuff.

My eGo batteries have been lasting me at least 6 months each. I just threw one away this morning that has this problem. The light isn't on, but every time I screw an atty on, the atty fires up. I've gone through 4 eGo batteries that finally quit working after several months and I'm using four other batteries now and this is the first one that's done this to me. It's an older one, too, so I wasn't too worried about it. I've never had a new one do that.

I personally haven't had that problem with my eGo, but I was warned thar it can happen if you push the button too hard (not saying that's what's happening with yours) but it does happen with the model. Just like you I can't put it down, I love my new toy.

Ya, eGo batteries are good. I've had my original 650mAh for almost 6 months now. The other one in my starter set lasted a while too. 4 months I think. I also have a 900mAh one I use now. Keeping batteries in rotation helps. And charging "full" after each time they blink, needing recharged. (Charge full to dead each time.) Never had a button stick. So far anyway. I hear it happens once in a while. The plastic buttons are covers for the circuit board switch inside, and that switch is really tiny. The eGo's hold a charge for a long time so they work pretty good! :)

You're welcome. Oh, and if it's new, (which it obviously is lol) I would notify the vendor you purchased from and arrange an exchange. (if they have a warranty and most vendors have at least a 30 day, some have 90 day and 1 has 180 days). Good luck to you! (and train yourself to untwist or remove whenever you set it down, even if it's just to go refill your coffee cup).

Have not experienced the Ego buttons sticking. But I did have the mega 510 or 520 batteries and the buttons seemed to stick all the time. I got into the habit of double hitting the button on those. I also got in the habit of unscrewing the atties when not in use.

Anyone get the button protector/cover? I am wondering if this is a good idea for travel/pocket - I realize is a couple of bucks and no biggie - just wondering if this would be a good preventative idea?

Anyone get the button protector/cover? I am wondering if this is a good idea for travel/pocket - I realize is a couple of bucks and no biggie - just wondering if this would be a good preventative idea?

I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I can't tell you how many times my pocket has pressed my button! :lol:

I can't remember which vendor I've them on, but I remember thinking "I don't want to place an order for just a $2 item". I guess I didn't see anything else on their site that I wanted to order. When I find the button protector again, I just might rethink that.

I don't have an ego, but I have never had a button stick on any device.....I have had them die, where pushing the button on a manual battery does absolutely nothing but usually after months of use. I have never untwisted a carto when I am not using a device. Isn't there a cut off on those batteries? Like even if you had the button stuck, wouldn't it just shut off after x amount of seconds? Usually I have the opposite problem, like the cut off time being too short and i have to "pump" the button to get a long enough drag. With my 808 version of the Riva....750mah batts, that one after you stop pushing the button, it still goes for like another second, which I don't mind, just keep inhaling until it really stops. Personally I consider that a positive, not a negative. I love that rubbery button. I have had problems with auto batteries not cutting off even when I stop inhaling. Usually they stop after I cut off all air flow by holding my finger over the cap. Had other issues with autos too so I just don't use them anymore, plus the issue with liquid being to get into them. Anyway, the ONLY thing I have ever done is if I am going to be gone for awhile I unplug my PT, but that is about it. Of course usually I am using my devices, not setting them down for more than a couple seconds, LOL.