Chargers

Don't know if this is in the right spot but I'm looking for information on chargers. I want one to charge 1800 series batteries. Would like a digital display and automatic shutoff. I see Nitecore and Efest as being the most popular. Any advice on which ones to stay away from? What works for everyone around here? Price wise I don't want to spend more than 20-25 bucks. It seems they're all comparable in price whether at the B&M's around here or online.

I have two Nitecore i4 chargers (not digital), and they are work-horses...  I've not used the digital versions from Nitecore or Efest, but many of the members here have them and say they are reliable.  I'm of the mindset that the more bells and whistles there are, the more that can go wrong, so I tend to gravitate to "simpler is better" (and cheaper, lol).

Amazon is my source for best price on the two Nitecore I have purchased... both were purchased for < $15 each.  You should check there to compare prices with other online retailers.  Avoid eBay!

I've seen them on Amazon for considerably less than anywhere else. The same vendors are also selling batteries and appear to be strictly electronic type vendors. Should I be wary of buying batteries from them? All of the specs match up and they are the same batteries being sold by vape vendors. Just trying to get my batteries and charger in one place to save on shipping. I hate to say it but I don't trust any of the batteries from any of the B&M's around me.

I've bought batteries from Amazon vendors, but I will read their vendor rating and avoid "new" vendors or the ones in China.  There are several electronics vendors that sell through Amazon, and if they've been around more than a year, they're probably a reputable source of authentic products.  Amazon isn't like eBay, where they let ANY shady vendor exist to rip people off for years.  Amazon doesn't put up with bad vendors, and Prime customers are covered with returns and guarantees!

Thanks for the info. I do buy stuff off of Amazon and have had nothing but good experiences. I'll definitely look into purchasing batteries and chargers through them. EBay is truly for suckers. Great story. When I sold boating accessories a guy came into my store and wanted to buy a Humminbird fishfinder. It was 99 dollars. He argued with me about how he could get that same model on EBay for 89 dollars and free shipping. Told him to have a nice day. A couple of weeks later he comes in needing the transducer for it because his didn't come with one so I happily sold him one for 49 dollars. The guy had 140 dollars in a 99 dollar fishfinder. Can anyone say E-Screwed?

I have the Nitecore 2 bay digital in my work truck, and the Efest Luc V4 in the house. Both have given me no issues. Just traded one of the counter guys at the local B&M a micro deans and soldering it on the battery for his "god box" for the non digital nitecore 4 bay, haven't had a chance to use it yet.

i have the nitecore i2 which works awesome and the efest luc v4 charger and it also works like a champ.  I like that the efest came with a 12v plug so i can also use it in my car, i has a usb charger for phone but i dont think mine work, i have to see really didnt play with it.

I will say the luc v4 feels extremely sturdy.

Either case i would go with the digital version, has better details than just 3 blinking lights to tell you how long left on a charge.

I've never had problems with buying Vape gear on EBay...everything I've bought has been exactly as advertised.If you have doubts that's when you send them a PM and only buy from people with a 99.5-100% positive feedback.Simple

i have the nitecore i2 which works awesome and the efest luc v4 charger and it also works like a champ.  I like that the efest came with a 12v plug so i can also use it in my car, i has a usb charger for phone but i dont think mine work, i have to see really didnt play with it.

I will say the luc v4 feels extremely sturdy.

Either case i would go with the digital version, has better details than just 3 blinking lights to tell you how long left on a charge.

The 4 bay nitecore I got is the one with the 3 blinking lights, didn't really need it, but I got 2 micro deans connectors from the Hobby Shop for $2, and it took me 5 min to solder the deans on the leads for the battery. If I was going to buy the charger I would have gone for the digital.

I use my USB car adapter that I got for my S5 to run the i2 in the work truck. It works on both the 1 amp and the 2.1 amp side, but I usually use the 2.1 side as I believe it says to use a 2 amp supply.

Earthling789 & Tam & anybody else that has these,, is on spot with Nitecore I-2 & I-4 chargers..

I have one of each mentioned, I2 at SteelShop & I4 in BaitShop...

I got my I2 from VaporTalk store at the lowest price at that point in time...