Alright Members - Single Coil Feedback

Hi Folks,

So a thread was started yesterday as well as a support ticket stating the Single Coil Coils from Kanger do not work on dual coil devices.

See product here: http://www.vaportalk.com/shop/pro-aero-tank-refill-coils/

Now apparently these are leaking on people who purchase them on their KPT3's and up. (Dual Coil Devices) However I've used both the Single Coil and the Dual coil on the AeroTanks and KPT3 without an issue. Granted the dual coils work much better but I've never had a problem with leaking.

However if this is common issue I don't want the store advertising it works with KTP3's and up if in fact people are having issues (regardless of our personal experience)

So what's the deal, let's get some feedback going so we can figure out what's going on here :)

As you know I only use single coils in my Davides and I have not had any issue at all. These are new Davides that come with the dual coils that I toss and put in a single. I tried the doubles but prefer the singles by a vast margin.

Often people mistake a gurgling from condensation as leaking. Every tank I have ever had occasionally floods when altitudes or temperatures change drastically. Every time I go hunting and am out in the cold 4-5 hours and get back in my car every tank I use floods under that scenario.

I guess I have been lucky but I have been through hundreds of Kanger single coils, some from VT store some other places, but out of those hundreds there have been two or three that were "bad" and truly leaked. I will take that failure rate any day with almost anything lol.

ah I see gurgling is not the same as leaking. It's rare but I have had an issue with gurgling maybe a few times at most. Generally when I fly, after landing the tank is usually shot and needs to be blown out and the tank cleaned before it works at it's peak performance again.

Once in a great while I get leaking from a coil but that's happened with single and dual coils, but it's pretty rare. I use the single coils (both long and short stem), in my KPT 3 and Aerotank with no issues. There was one mess where the juice leaked all over my hands but that was my fault, I accidentally cross threaded and didn't catch it in time. :)

I wonder if it's just in the KPT mini and not the full sized tanks?

Once in a great while I get leaking from a coil but that's happened with single and dual coils, but it's pretty rare. I use the single coils (both long and short stem), in my KPT 3 and Aerotank with no issues. There was one mess where the juice leaked all over my hands but that was my fault, I accidentally cross threaded and didn't catch it in time. :)

I wonder if it's just in the KPT mini and not the full sized tanks?

That I'd be interested to hear as I don't use the KPT mini. Deborah on the other hand uses the AeroTank Mini and doesn't have any issues.

I will say the short stem coils are a disaster in the AeroTanks. I used the short stems a couple of times to test them out on my devices and I had nothing but leaking through the air holes. Though they seem to work fine on the KPT, KPT2

Generally when I refill the tank I blow out the coil and almost never get gurgling. If I do it has sat overnight or has been through a temperature fluctuation. Seriously sit a tank outside in 30-35 degree weather then bring it inside to room temperature and I guarantee you it floods. Also living in an area that has such fluctuations in altitude can have the same effect. One of the places I hunt is almost 3000ft above sea level and my house is about 900. Every trip there I have to blow out my coil. Its not a big deal really.

Often I think people have unrealistic expectations. I just see blowing out the coil as a maintenance activity like filling and cleaning. It is physically impossible for condensation to not eventually fill the chimney of a coil if not occasionally blown out or at least this has been my experience with every tank I have ever used granted they have all used KPT Single Coils.

ah I see gurgling is not the same as leaking. It's rare but I have had an issue with gurgling maybe a few times at most. Generally when I fly, after landing the tank is usually shot and needs to be blown out and the tank cleaned before it works at it's peak performance again.

I have never had to clean my tank after it "floods" blowing out the coil seems to do the trick. Doing at every fillup helps performance too imo.

In fact I often go months without cleaning my tanks fully. I swab the shaft every fill-up, clean the tip and blow out the coil but full cleanings are rare haha. I just do not see the need.

I refilled a KPT2 (with Aerobase) and AeroTank with the same juice once, and mixed up the Aerobases, putting the single-coil on the AeroTank. When I went to put the Aerobase on the KPT2, obviously, it didn't fit (too tall because of the dual-coil)... that's when I realized the issue. In that short period of time, the AeroTank already had a puddle of juice under it. So, no, for me, the single-coil did not seal properly on my AeroTank.

I have tried a single-coil twice on my KPT3-minis... both times were messy failures with leaking out the bottom, center-tube-flooding, etc... and juice sucked up the center-tube, like a straw, is NOT a fun thing to wake-up to in the morning :(

After those three failures, I've not attempted to try a single-coil in a dual-coil Kanger tank again.

I only have a kpt2 mini and original evods. Bought for the sole purpose of being able to share the same coil heads. My question is if the description on the VT site is based on what our members/individuals have tried and worked for them, or is it official Kanger language/specs? I'd have to recommend only using Kanger specs for the descriptions and let the members use as they see fit. At least then if a customer (VT member or not) wants to order them they have a good chance to get the original spec coils.

It has to be a pita to keep up with all the new designs in such a short amount of time for both vendors and consumers!

^^ This ^^ I agree!

To prevent confusion, and "maybe" cases of fit... I would suggest using the list as given by Kanger for single-coil tanks:

• EVOD
  • ProTank
  • ProTank 2
  • ProTank 2 Mini
  • Unitank

Then, if users "know" and "trust" using equipment, other than for it's intended purpose, it will be at their discretion.... This will increase customer satisfaction, decrease returns, and lower overall costs for the V|T Store :D

At least that's my $0.02....

Kanger itself says that regular single coils can be used in the KPT3. I agree with what Brian said - when they contact you about leaking/flooding, make sure they are talking about true ACTUAL leakage and not just flooding and gurgling, and make sure they aren't talking about when the coil is going bad, either - I've had leakage when a coil is going out.

^^ This ^^ I agree!

To prevent confusion, and "maybe" cases of fit... I would suggest using the list as given by Kanger for single-coil tanks:

• EVOD
  • ProTank
  • ProTank 2
  • ProTank 2 Mini
  • Unitank

Then, if users "know" and "trust" using equipment, other than for it's intended purpose, it will be at their discretion.... This will increase customer satisfaction, decrease returns, and lower overall costs for the V|T Store :D

At least that's my $0.02....

Or add a disclaimer at the bottom saying that they can also be used on an Aerotank and/or KPT3 but some vapers have had issues with leaking when used. Buy and use with these tanks at your own discretion.

That way they're warned before hand. :)

Or add a disclaimer at the bottom saying that they can also be used on an Aerotank and/or KPT3 but some vapers have had issues with leaking when used. Buy and use with these tanks at your own discretion.

That way they're warned before hand. :)

Disclaimer = Good ;)

I get a little leaking by doing this. It is not that it drains the tank or anything like that, just down into the base. I don't get spitting just the sound of taking the last sip of pop out of a cup with a straw. This just tells me it is leaking through the coil not the stem. They will work it is just not what Kanger recommends. I also would stick with Kanger Specs.

It's amazing how experiences seem to fluctuate so much. Interestly enough if you speak with the reps over at Kanger they'll generally tell you that they work across various tanks. However given that it seems to be an issue we'll go ahead and update the descriptions to match the suggestions made here in the thread as well as Kangers original guidelines (Posted rather than verbal)

By the way thanks for all the feedback, it's all the little changes that makes things easier for everyone :)

I love the Kanger enclosed dual coils, and there's no comparison to the single coils. I use the Aerotank V2, Aerotank mini, Evod 2, and T3D tanks, and gave these tanks as Christmas gifts to my vaping family members. Everyone was impressed with the increased performance of the enclosed dual coils; one coil easily lasts 2 weeks. I was lucky when a single coil lasted 3 days, so I'm saving time, money, and enjoying a better vaping experience.