Which One Should I Get?

ofzeroconcern

Well, after reading a bit and watching some youtube videos, I decided it would be best to ask at a forum.

I'm ready to quit smoking and get an ecig. But I don't want to be ripped off. Here's what I'm specifically looking for:

1. Must be same size/shape as a normal cigarette, either white with cork filter or all-white. Preferably the length of a 100, especially if this means better battery life. Definitely don't want one that is thicker than a normal cig. As thick as a Camel Wide at the most.

2. Satisfaction. I've tried a few before at a party, some seemed to satisfy me the same as a real cigarette (or close), and others just didn't at all.

3. Long battery life, preferably an on-the-go charger like the Blu pack. (although I've heard Blu is not that great)

4. Money is NOT an issue. If there's only one ecig that fits my description, and it's a million bucks, I'm getting it. I must stop smoking.

And if it helps, what I smoke now: Camel Blue (Light) 99's, Marlboro 27's, American Spirits (kinda harsh on the throat but less artificial chemicals), Camel Turkish Golds/Gold 100's/Royals (used to be my favorite cigarette but they are hard to come by)

How often I smoke:

Anywhere between 6 and 14 cigarettes a day. Probably around 10 on average. But don't let that fool you, if you used to smoke two packs a day. I'm very, very addicted. Usually find myself craving the most after 1 - 3 hours of not having one, after eating, 30 minutes after waking up, after work, etc.

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum!

Many of us, including myself, wanted an e-cigarette to look and be exactly like an analog. You can start out with a Joye510 which meets your current criteria. The only thing is the battery life of a 510 is about two hours, maybe it will be a little longer for you.

If you look through the forum here, you will see many posts on purchasing the Joye eGo. In my mind, it's like a chubby 510 however, the battery life is considerably longer, about 6-12 hours between charges. 510 atomizers which you use on the stick mod are used with the eGo.

I see that you just posted you want an automatic. There are pros and cons to the automatic, the biggest of which it is easy to short out an auto battery if e-liquid gets inside the battery. I don't have personal experience with automatic batteries but to add to this, even though e-cigarettes are marketed as a substitute for smoking analogs, vaping is an alternative and rather a unique experience.

Good luck, don't hesitate to ask questions! We're here to help! :)

PS: I don't think you can go by the experience of purchasing a pv from a gas station or kiosk in a mall. There are a lot of knock-offs in the marketplace. You'll do better purchasing a Joye from a reputable online vendor.

Edited by Lily

Hi and Welcome to the Forum here at VaporTalk! You're making 1 heck of a wise decision, vaping rocks! Smoking stinks. :)

With your wish list before me, I'd have to recommend ... SmokeStick .... and the one by the Pool Stick maker that evades me but it might ring a bell with others. Beautiful pv's. But I don't know how they perform compared to my eGo because I've never purchased one. I think HyhonLife just purchased one, she'll be able to help you with that.

Without your wish list before me, I highly recommend the eGo.

and the Reo

and the Ali'i (sp)

and ... so forth lol.

Happy Vaping!!!

Well first off let me say that if you're serious about quitting the analogs then you need to get the "has to look and feel like a real cig" out the window. Many of us wanted that when we started(myself included) and we quickly found out how much that doesn't matter. In fact most of the really good mods for vaping look nothing like an analog. There are lots of different things to think about when you get an e-cig. Battery life is usually the biggest, then comes size of the device. You will get a lot of us telling you to go with the Ego/Tornado type of unit. No..it doesn't look anything like an analog, but the battery life and performance is what really counts. There's also the choice of auto or manual. Most but not all go for the manual type of button. That's because they are sealed batteries and you don't have to worry about juice getting down in them and killing the battery. Also most auto's have a cut-off built in them that shuts off the draw after a few seconds. Usually around 10sec or so. This makes vaping tough sometimes. Plus a lot of vapers like to direct drip for better vapor production and flavor. Like I said there are many things to consider when buying an e-cig besides just looks. Also, those whimpy little carts that come with the smaller units wont hold much liquid and you will either be buying lots or replacements or will start refilling them yourself to save some money. Trust me...they don't last as long as a pack of regular analogs...ask anyone who has tried them. My suggestion would be to do some more searching on the forum. Really ask yourself if you want to quit or just want to enjoy vaping between analogs. The VaporTalk store has some great products plus if you are really stuck on that analog look Chris is running a clearance sale on one that fits into the analog look a like category for half price. Not a bad place to start until you see what vaping is really all about.

I'm sorry this is sooo long, but I could go on more. So good luck in your search and try to get that look-a-like notion out and think more about what works best.

Good luck and happy vaping.

p.s. there will be others along to help you further.

Try this http://altsmoke.com/...ic/yeticsk.html and ask if you can substitute these http://altsmoke.com/...utobattery.html. And dont forget these http://altsmoke.com/...yeticcarts.html unfilled of course and fill with this http://altsmoke.com/...liquidfull.html or similar.

That's my suggestion based on my experience (with the learning curve) and your requirements. I use the yeti with a button battery but I also use one of these http://www.puresmoke...p/prodigyv3.htm with the metal cartomizers.

I have not once this month had an urge for a analog cigarette.

Best Regards and Good Luck,

Bass

Well, so far, I'm leaning towards the SmokeStik. Read some reviews and watched some videos. I just wish it came in 100 length. Are there any that are just as good or better, that do?

Also, I learned that it can be used with a portable eCig charger, although it's not made by the same company. So I'm pretty much sold on the SmokeStik, for now. I won't be making my eCig purchase for a few weeks, however.

I understand that the bigger ones, or even the ones shaped completely unlike cigarettes, would probably deliver more nicotine, bigger throat hit, longer battery life, etc., but my mind won't change on this: It MUST be the shape and size of a normal cigarette. The hand/oral habit is just as addictive as nicotine.

Thanks for the replies so far, you guys are awesome!

I have to agree with what every one else has already said. However, if you're dead set on a cigarette sized ecig, go with the Joye 510 kit and maybe pick up a PCC (charging case).

Since money is no object, you may go with the 510 kit and see how it works out for you. If you like it and want to keep using it, get a PCC down the road. Or, if you decide to upgrade then get an eGo and you'll have the regular 510 for a back up.

Cignot sells "no box" Joye 510 kits for $35.00 (two complete ecigs). You can pick the battery and LED color and you can choose Auto or Manual. You can mix/match if you want. The have PCCs for $25.

Cignot

I just looked up smoke stick,and all I have to say is don't do it! 99 bucks for a starter kit is just a total rip off.Get a 510 from one of the supporting suppliers at the bottom of the forum page and you will be much happier and richer.I would also reccomend avoiding auto batteries they don't last because the switches stick and the batt fries.It happened to me several times.

Wordup has the 520, it's a 510 mega that has better battery life and Jeffery sells it with pcc in a kit. You can get white and if you look at the atomizer page you will see some cartos with cork look. Just email Jeffery and tell him what you want and he will work with you. As far as the auto that was a must for me, sadly it would go off with vibrations like music, and I had Blu battery stick on once and it heated up so fast and so hot I burned myself pulling it out of my pocket. Fried that battery and I have another one that I can use but you have to attach the atty to vape then take it off again or it heats up the same way. I gave up. I believe you can get 510 batteries in auto, but just be aware they are very touchy. They are also not sealed so juice can and will get in them and they die. Good luck you will find as I did that this is every bit as satisfying as smoking more so actually I quit a 35 year 1.5 pack a day habit with no effort or cravings. I too am more habit driven.

Good suggestions here. I would go 510 with a PCC that recharges the battery when not in use. Someone recently posted a pic of a better looking case than most. I recommend the 510 because just in case you decide hand to mouth is still satisfied with an ego type battery, all the fitting will work the same, attys, even USB chargers. Here it is...maybe PM rook to see how they made out?

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/8390-510-pcc-options/page__view__findpost__p__78706

Are you guys sponsors for it or something? XD

Personally, I don't like the design as compared to SmokeStik. I've also been reading up on Green Smoke eCigs. They are cheaper, but are reported to have more puffs per cartomizer. Also more flavors. And they come in 100 length, which SmokeStik does not. But the cheaper price is making me wonder if there's a slight but noticeable drop in quality.

Has anyone here tried both Smokestik and Green Smoke? I've read/watched reviews on both, but couldn't find any comparisons.

Again, money is not an issue, so I don't mind paying 100 bucks for something that's permanent/won't burn. The extra cartomizers are also cheaper than a pack of cigarettes around my area (6+ bucks for 20 cigs, vs 4 bucks for 25 - 30 "cigs")

So I think I've whittled my decision down to Smokestik vs. Green Smoke. (If you're a representative from either of these companies, don't even reply... lol. Anyone tried them both?)

Thanks!

There is a review of Green Smoke on the review mosh pit. I'm only speaking from my experience and no we are only trying to help out. We have all spent money on things that just don't work for us, while money may not be the object for you dependability may be. Nothing worse than your battery or atty giving out on you and no shop around the corner to run to for replacement. I like to know that when I make a purchase my satisfaction is as important to the vendor with my money as it is to me. That's what makes this forum work so well, we trust who we purchase from and we know that to the vendors here we are their business, time and time again. Blu didn't care about my experience with their product, but Jeffery and Christopher do, which is why I am happy to send people to them. If money was our issue then we'd never have ever started smoking, and we would all be buying knock-offs. Just trying to help you out, if Green Smoke is what helps you that's cool we don't judge anyone. Now if you want encouragement and friendly advice we are your people.:animier:

Personally, I don't like the design as compared to SmokeStik. I've also been reading up on Green Smoke eCigs. They are cheaper, but are reported to have more puffs per cartomizer. Also more flavors. And they come in 100 length, which SmokeStik does not. But the cheaper price is making me wonder if there's a slight but noticeable drop in quality.

Has anyone here tried both Smokestik and Green Smoke? I've read/watched reviews on both, but couldn't find any comparisons.

Again, money is not an issue, so I don't mind paying 100 bucks for something that's permanent/won't burn. The extra cartomizers are also cheaper than a pack of cigarettes around my area (6+ bucks for 20 cigs, vs 4 bucks for 25 - 30 "cigs")

So I think I've whittled my decision down to Smokestik vs. Green Smoke. (If you're a representative from either of these companies, don't even reply... lol. Anyone tried them both?)

Thanks!

The 520 with mega atty is as long as 100's.

SmokeStik has an automatic that is Vacumn sensitive instead of the usual vibration sensitive types out there. It only comes on when you draw on it. The other automatic types come on if the wind blows or the radio rocks out, which will burn up your atty and deaden your battery.

I have to agree with the others about the Joye 510. It's a nice unit, you can't go wrong, only better and better. I mentioned the http://www.smokestik.com/ because of the vacumn automatic, and because if Katherine Heigle(sp) is happy with it, then maybe others will be too.

Seeing as money is no issue... can you purchase a smokestik and a Joye 510 and a Joye eGo and a GreenSmoke? Vape and review! We'd love to hear how they differ and how they work for you for various reasons. Maybe one is a great for Stealth vaping or parties or whatever you discover. Maybe one's better for stress days where we really need to draw hard. Maybe ones perfect for relaxing at home...

We swear by Joye because, well, dang, they're a great product!! The best of the rest. Do a search for Joyetech and you'll be more in the know and perhaps a touch forgiving of zealous Joye product fanatics around the world. :)

The GreenSmoke you asked about, has a tight draw, to my understanding. You'd have to try it yourself.

The Mod Compare List that Brian has linked us to before talks about the awesome pool cue company made one. Hold tight til we refind that link! Well, I mean, go ahead and get all the above, and be sure to get this one too for those fancy parties... They're beautiful.

lol mastiffmom.

Anyway, the only design (yes, it's that important to me, personally) of the Joye that I would settle for are the 303 and 303A (the minis). Probably 303 because although they appear to be the same size/shape, this one has the most battery power.

http://www.joyetech.com/ProductsView.Asp?id=43

vs

http://www.joyetech.com/ProductsView.Asp?id=55

Although I'm sure their other models (the ones you guys have been recommending) are far better than Smokestik/Green Smoke, I'm not sure if the 303 models would be as good. Any input?

I am thinking of ruling out Green Smoke, because from what I can determine from pictures/videos, it's slightly fatter than Smokestiks and Joye303's, which APPEAR to be the same size (and the closest to a real cig).

But that crystal tip lined with the gold-colored band on the Smokestik is just so cool... I can't get over it. I WANNA SMOKE DIAMONDS.

Although I would probably find some way to scratch off or cover their Smokestik logo. It would bother me. lol.

And by the way... I'm so damn happy I came here, I was this close to settling on a Blu.

Here's that pool cue place: http://www.meuccicues.com/ but they might be a little fat at this time, I don't know if they have auto or not.

Another beauty that is slim is the GG Slim ... http://www.vaporkings.com/The-Golden-Greek-s/79.htm

Quite beautiful. I haven't a clue if they're auto or not...

Buy them all! :)

I bet you'll like the eGo the best... or the GG... nah, the eGo. How fun to be able to afford to compare. (Can always put the ones you don't like into Pay it Forward, or into the classifieds, or into the collectors box you'll probably end up making if you're anything like the rest of us ).

Edited by Uma

Thanks!

Based on the criteria you gave .... go with the SmokeStik. Hands down.

I've got a 510 manual and a SmokeStik and a few others. Without a doubt the SS gives better vapor, flavor, battery life etc. No kidding. I know people refer to SS on the same plane as other 4081 batteries. There really is no comparison. The only similarity is that they have the same threads. SS battery is longer lasting (even longer than my 510 batteries) and it has a vacuum switch rather than a virbration switch. AND THEY ARE GUARANTEED FOR LIFE. They are not cheap but I think worth the extra money. The cartomizers NEVER burn and they are refillable and I haven't killed one yet. (although I am not a heavy vaper).

I've purchased inexpensive adapters for the various batteries that I have just so I can use the SS cartomizer.

PM me if you have questions. I'll be glad to help. I'm not a dealer but I can give you some direction on how to get discount.

Edited by HyOnLyph

Unfortunately, I can't find any video reviews of any of the 303's. Only the 306's which don't seem to be as powerful as the 303's, according to specs. I'm about to go read some text reviews of the 303's if I can find any.

I looked at wordup and they have a kit called DES103, you can get kit with 1 auto 1 manual, white with cork tip. I know nothing about this except that if you have any questions Jeffery will help you out. You can trust the suppliers here to guide you through this. I always recommend WU because I know they value their customers and they have been straight up with me and honest. I buy juices from Christoper at VT because he too values his customers and his Midnight is YUM. Both of these guys rely on customer service to build their businesses, and both are happy to help you get what works for you. I bought a Blu and was really frustrated, I stumbled across Jeffery at Wordup and in turn this site. I have a 520 and eGo XL and I love them both. The Blu has nice attys. The pre-filled carts tend to hold little juice and I have yet to meet anyone who could really get 1/2 pack worth out of one. I'm telling like you are an old friend, someone I would see everyday and care about their opinion, ask Jeffery or Christopher, I know Jeffery better so I listen to him, buy from someone who will take the time to treat you with respect, like a friend. If you have a question they will help you out, if you have a problem they will make it right. That's why you see all the banners with our countdowns on them, we are doing it successfully and we all have different wants, needs, and tastes. It's like finding that one brand of analogs that you love, your preference has to be the most important thing, and if it changes well it changes, we have all been there.:thumbsup:

Hi - I stumbled across a review here on the smokestick from an active member so maybe you could even PM them to get a little more input.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/8091-smokestik-a-great-product-and-even-better-customer-service/

Also, not sure if this is old school or not, but the VT store here has something similar on clearance called the Classic which is obviously being cleared out, it's a 302 if I'm reading this right? Really don't know that much about them.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6102-vapor-talk-classic/page__p__53975__hl__classic__fromsearch__1#entry53975

Too funny, I just noticed HyOnLyph already offered up their help...

Hi if your still trying to decide what one to get. I'm similar to you an my daughter got me the joye 510 in white with manual battery(push button) an I have to say after using it for 2 weeks I love it. Very much like a real cig. I would not give this one up for any thing. Hope this helps :D

Well, after reading a bit and watching some youtube videos, I decided it would be best to ask at a forum.

I'm ready to quit smoking and get an ecig. But I don't want to be ripped off. Here's what I'm specifically looking for:

1. Must be same size/shape as a normal cigarette, either white with cork filter or all-white. Preferably the length of a 100, especially if this means better battery life. Definitely don't want one that is thicker than a normal cig. As thick as a Camel Wide at the most.

2. Satisfaction. I've tried a few before at a party, some seemed to satisfy me the same as a real cigarette (or close), and others just didn't at all.

3. Long battery life, preferably an on-the-go charger like the Blu pack. (although I've heard Blu is not that great)

4. Money is NOT an issue. If there's only one ecig that fits my description, and it's a million bucks, I'm getting it. I must stop smoking.

And if it helps, what I smoke now: Camel Blue (Light) 99's, Marlboro 27's, American Spirits (kinda harsh on the throat but less artificial chemicals), Camel Turkish Golds/Gold 100's/Royals (used to be my favorite cigarette but they are hard to come by)

How often I smoke:

Anywhere between 6 and 14 cigarettes a day. Probably around 10 on average. But don't let that fool you, if you used to smoke two packs a day. I'm very, very addicted. Usually find myself craving the most after 1 - 3 hours of not having one, after eating, 30 minutes after waking up, after work, etc.

Thanks!