I Feel So Dumb

lisamorie

Hi! This is my first post on this forum and I'm hoping to get some help with... well just e cigs in general I guess. I have a starter kit from White Cloud, the newest version- is anyone familiar with them? I have searched the net for opinions and reviews and all I can really find is that they are overpriced which I think is very true, and someone said that they are a rebranded KR808D1. Is that true? I'm ok with the fact that i paid too much because in less than a week I was able to quit smoking real cigarettes altogether, I feel like that alone is worth the money! The problem that I am having is that the cartomizers that are supposed to be the equivalent of two packs aren't lasting that long for me... it seems like within ten puffs or so most of them start to taste like burned filters or something. Does anyone have an words of wisdom for me? And remember, use little words, lol. I'm new to this and don't understand most of the lingo!

I do not know much about white cloud; however, most companies that overprice their e-cigs are also known to exaggerate their cartomizer lifespan. Most cartos last a day, at least for me, but it really depends on how often your vaping them (why they don't get caught for saying 2 days). If white cloud does use KR808d-1 cartomizers than I would buy from vapor4life. I like that site and the cartomizers would be compatible with your batteries. Also, its cheaper to buy e-liquid and refill the cartomizers yourself. You can look up how to refill a cartomizer and watch e-liquid reviews and where to buy on youtube.

yeah the 250 price tag is insain. you can buy some of the best mods out there for well over 100 less and last 4 days on a single charge.

the key to remember is that the 250 was worth it for switching over. so don't focus on the money, but don't buy anything from them again.

now anyone saying one cartomizer or cartridge lasts = to a carton is full of bs.

vape when and however much you feel like it.

what it looks like you have is an 808 kit.

i say use that till it dies or you want something that lasts longer.

if you want better performance you can check into an ego or a mod.

personally i tend to stick with the 510 attys and cartomizers.

buy juice in the bottles like you would find here at the vt store along with empty cartos and attys

this way you can fill your own and save cash and time. the prefilled stuff pretty much sucks.

WOW those guys have some SERIOUSLY high prices. To give you an idea how high, our Revolution Starter kit is the EXACT same model and sells for $50. (KR808)

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Revolution-e-Cig.html

I think our kit looks cooler too ;)

Cartomizers will never last 2 packs worth. I refill my cartomizers and I usually fill them about every hour or two. I would suggest buying some liquid (by the bottle) and filling your own cartomizer. This way is much much cheaper.

We sell our cartomizers blank so you can fill them on your own, there are a few how to videos on our cartomizer page

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Blank-Cartomizers-Revolution-.html

yeah the 250 price tag is insain. you can buy some of the best mods out there for well over 100 less and last 4 days on a single charge.

the key to remember is that the 250 was worth it for switching over. so don't focus on the money, but don't buy anything from them again.

now anyone saying one cartomizer or cartridge lasts = to a carton is full of bs.

vape when and however much you feel like it.

what it looks like you have is an 808 kit.

i say use that till it dies or you want something that lasts longer.

if you want better performance you can check into an ego or a mod.

personally i tend to stick with the 510 attys and cartomizers.

buy juice in the bottles like you would find here at the vt store along with empty cartos and attys

this way you can fill your own and save cash and time. the prefilled stuff pretty much sucks.

thanks for answering :) what is an ego or a mod?

The model he is talking about is the Joye eGo. I wouldn't suggested a mod (short for ecig modification) just yet. The Joye eGo is a pretty good model if you don't mind the look. It has battery life upwards of 12 hours which is very impressive. It sells for around $70. (Caution anything cheaper as there are knock off models on the market)

WOW those guys have some SERIOUSLY high prices. To give you an idea how high, our Revolution Starter kit is the EXACT same model and sells for $50. (KR808)

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Revolution-e-Cig.html

I think our kit looks cooler too ;)

Cartomizers will never last 2 packs worth. I refill my cartomizers and I usually fill them about every hour or two. I would suggest buying some liquid (by the bottle) and filling your own cartomizer. This way is much much cheaper.

We sell our cartomizers blank so you can fill them on your own, there are a few how to videos on our cartomizer page

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Blank-Cartomizers-Revolution-.html

i know, i know- i paid a ridiculous amount for what i have. i try to just focus on the end result! and btw, your kit DOES look cooler. most kits look cooler, haha. like i said, impulse buy- they were at the mall, i could actually try one, loved it- done deal. i did no research beforehand or i would have known better!

can you tell me, what is a passthrough? is that just a battery that plugs directly into a usb port?

i know, i know- i paid a ridiculous amount for what i have. i try to just focus on the end result! and btw, your kit DOES look cooler. most kits look cooler, haha. like i said, impulse buy- they were at the mall, i could actually try one, loved it- done deal. i did no research beforehand or i would have known better!

can you tell me, what is a passthrough? is that just a battery that plugs directly into a usb port?

Welcome - I see Christopher has answered everything. A passthru is powered by an external power source, desktop, laptop, wall outlet, etc. Some are direct so if you unplug, it won't work. Some actually have an inline battery, the device will use the battery for power and the wall/usb port is to recharge the battery. Here's some inexpensive ones:

http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/USB-Pass-Throughs-For-All_c11.htm

With a battery they are usually 3.7 volts, the non-battery are usually 5 volts (high voltage).

and that is absolutely awesome, since i tend to vape the most when i am sitting here at my computer anyway! another question if you don't mind me asking, how much e liquid do you tend to use in a month?

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

The amount of liquid you use depends on how much you vape. I like to vape and vape often. I go through about 30ml of liquid in a week or 120ml of liquid in a month. On average. Most folks don't go through that much, but some go through more.

Hi, welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum! Your best answers are in this thread! Congratulations on being analog-free! That is not dumb!!! It's too bad there are so many snake-oil claims out there in the marketplace. I primarily use cartomizers and I also check them frequently to see that the filler is saturated with e-liquid. Much of the harshness that users complain about has to do with a carto becoming too dry. Good luck and hang in here!

When I got my 1st Mini E-cig, I found that the prefilled carts were not very good. I ended up ordering some e-juice and some unfilled blank cartridges and it is much better. I now use 10 flavors and if you go to the right supplier you can get most everything you need for about the price of a carton of cigarettes. I still have not completely quit using analogs completely, but I am down to an average of 3 or 4 a day and I used to smoke a carton a week. I was spending about $50 per week on cigs and now it is down to $5 or $6 per week. The supplier I have been using seems to be the least expensive I have found and carries several different brands including the Joye EGO and 510 plus a lot of e-liquids for $6.00 for a 15 ml of any flavor.

www.ecigarettecigar.com

Tell Alan that Tim sent you.

Personally I can't help you with the pass-thru but I will say I started out with Njoy. They said their cartridges were equal to one pack of smokes and I never in my life smoked 3 packs a day but could easily go throu 3 of their pre filled carts I ended up spending about $300 total with Njoy. I bought 3 starter kits because my batteries kept either dying, going off on their own(they were automatics) or just not keeping a charge.

I got tired of trying to keep up with Juggling batteries and started looking around and found this wonderful place. Everyone has been sooo helpful! Anyway I finally bought an Ego with some extra blank carts. I tried to buy it from the vapor talk store but they were out as was jantyworld.com. I finally found it at .

My total order was about $125 but I ordered the EGo starter kit, an extra atty (even though it comes with 2. I bought 2 bottles of juice, an extra usb charger, 10 blank super duper carts and I THINK that's all! Anyway I ordered it on Friday of last week and it came in Monday! I vaped ALL DAY today on a SINGLE battery charge!

Good luck with your search for the best brand for you, and don't feel dumb. The amount of information out there is overwhelming!

Welcome! Nothing dumb about kicking smoking. I too made a poor first choice, the Blu. Between the forums and Jeff at wordup I have made some much better choices. Now hubby has quit as well and the little Blu's are not keeping up with him so well. I am guarding my 510 megas but yeah I do share. I just ordered the Ego XL little bit of wait with Jeff and Laurin moving this week but it will be worth it! Being smoke-free is the best feeling in the world, and guess what, all the tasty flavors you hear about only get tastier as your taste buds wake up again.Welcome and enjoy!

Belated Welcome !!! very glad you received great advice.

What flavor (s) did you decide on?

haha, what didn't i order? from this store i ordered dulcis and menthol, from another site i ordered a bunch of sweet flavored stuff including a choc mint that i am excited about, from another i ordered a plain tobacco. can you tell that i am excited about vaping? :) AND i just realized today that totally wicked has a lounge in bradenton, fl which isnt far from me at all, so yay! betcha i'll have gone there by the end of the week! don't think i am saving a bit of money as of yet but hey, at least it's not going to marlboro! (and this is way more fun)

thanks again for all of the new welcomes!