Stupidest Question Ever

So, today my 510 starter kit should be coming in. YEAH! What do I do when it gets here? I ordered the low res cartomizers to go with it, and some liquid, and an extra battery, do I have to have the battery charge? Are those the right cartomizers for the 510? The low res ones?

Do I just fill them using the condom method?

Anything else I need to know? I am super excited my M401 is dying quick and I would like to taste something other than these crappy carts that came with it.

Thanks in advance.

Julie

The LR cartos and attys should only be used with a battery rated over 500mah or you might blow out your battery. I hear that even using the LR cartos with the ego(rated at 600+mah)has been causing some problems. I would personally recommend going to the ecig mods, tips, and tricks forum and watch the videos I posted titled removing your wick and bridge. Do that to your atty and drip away. I would recommend ordering some standard cartos.

I however have no experience with using LR on a standard 510 battery so someone else should be able to help you out more on that one. I am just going off of what I have heard. I use LR attys on my ego and LOVE IT!

Also if you do not feel comfortable with removing the bridge at least get your wick out. It's cake. All you need is a tooth pick and some tweezers. Removing the bridge is a little bit more of a process and I do not want to be responsible for you ruining one of your attys lol.

Have fun with it, the 510 is awesome. I ordered one for my girlfriend and I use it when she isn't. Remember there is a slight learning curve so if you get frustrated don't give up. You will be vaping like a pro in no time :thumbsup:

p.s. Your questions were not stupid! That's why this forum was created. If you have a question that you feel is a stupid question ASK ANYWAY because it surely is not stupid.

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

Did you order a dry carto?

You can vape it but the charge may not last long so it is not a bad idea to fully charge it.

These are not stupid questions.

I ordered 10 blank Low Resistance 510 Removable Soft Tip

The LR cartos and attys should only be used with a battery rated over 500mah or you might blow out your battery. I hear that even using the LR cartos with the ego(rated at 600+mah)has been causing some problems. I would personally recommend going to the ecig mods, tips, and tricks forum and watch the videos I posted titled removing your wick and bridge. Do that to your atty and drip away. I would recommend ordering some standard cartos.

I however have no experience with using LR on a standard 510 battery so someone else should be able to help you out more on that one. I am just going off of what I have heard. I use LR attys on my ego and LOVE IT!

Also if you do not feel comfortable with removing the bridge at least get your wick out. It's cake. All you need is a tooth pick and some tweezers. Removing the bridge is a little bit more of a process and I do not want to be responsible for you ruining one of your attys lol.

Have fun with it, the 510 is awesome. I ordered one for my girlfriend and I use it when she isn't. Remember there is a slight learning curve so if you get frustrated don't give up. You will be vaping like a pro in no time :thumbsup:

Soooo you are basically saying I wasted my money on these cartomizers because I cannot use them with the 510>?

GO TO YOUTUBE AND TYPE IN JOYE 510 AND EVERYTHING WILL BE THERE TO HELP YOU, ITS ALOT EASIER TO WATCH VIDEOS THAN TO TYPE OUT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO, thats by best advice for starting out, do research on vids then if you still have a questions come to the forum and ask, GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY VAPING! :question:

Soooo you are basically saying I wasted my money on these cartomizers because I cannot use them with the 510>?

Like I said I have no idea, this is just what I have heard. I'm sure a more experienced vaper will be in here shortly to tell you 100% sure whether or not you can use LR on a standard 510 battery. From what I have heard you cannot BUT like I said this is only what I have heard. I have 0 experience trying this so someone here should be able to clear this up for you.

Also I am sure you did not waste your money. I am sure that where ever you ordered them from would be more than happy to exchange them for you should it come down to you not being able to use these on a standard 510 battery.

I'm sorry and i didn't mean to come into this thread and rain on you or anything, but it's way better to be out 8 bucks for a 5 pack of cartos than $25 for a battery. If it does come down to it you can still use your 510. It comes with 2 attys which will last you months and the cartidges it comes with can also be used or filled with what ever liquid you purchased.

once again I am sorry and I'm sure someone will be in here shortly to clear this up for you.

YOU DIDNT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT ALL GO TO YOUTUBE AND MOST OF THE ANSWERS ARE THERE, pm me if you have a question maybe i can explain better but like i said watch vids and you will learn what to do, its a newbs adventure, we all went thru it! :turned::turned:

Yeah it is not recommended to use LR attys or cartos on a basic 510 model. The eGo/Tornado uses the same 510 attys and carts but their batteries can handle the LR. I use them all the time on my Tornado and Screwdriver.

Like I said I have no idea, this is just what I have heard. I'm sure a more experienced vaper will be in here shortly to tell you 100% sure whether or not you can use LR on a standard 510 battery. From what I have heard you cannot BUT like I said this is only what I have heard. I have 0 experience trying this so someone here should be able to clear this up for you.

Also I am sure you did not waste your money. I am sure that where ever you ordered them from would be more than happy to exchange them for you should it come down to you not being able to use these on a standard 510 battery.

I'm sorry and i didn't mean to come into this thread and rain on you or anything, but it's way better to be out 8 bucks for a 5 pack of cartos than $25 for a battery. If it does come down to it you can still use your 510. It comes with 2 attys which will last you months and the cartidges it comes with can also be used or filled with what ever liquid you purchased.

once again I am sorry and I'm sure someone will be in here shortly to clear this up for you.

I almost positive you can use a lr atty on a standard 510 its not going to hurt to try you ain't going to break it.

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

I was never told that you couldn't use a LR atty or cartomizer on a standard 510 battery, what I read is that I should try it if I didn't like the loose draw on regular ones. Thats how I vaped when I started. It works just fine.

Good luck with everything. Sometimes information is contradicted depending on preference. Have fun.

YOU DIDNT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT ALL GO TO YOUTUBE AND MOST OF THE ANSWERS ARE THERE, pm me if you have a question maybe i can explain better but like i said watch vids and you will learn what to do, its a newbs adventure, we all went thru it! :turned::turned:

No disrespect, but I do have to disagree with this. Telling someone just to search 510 on youtube is like telling them to google it. You will get tons of useless information that you have wade through to find good information. That is what forums are for, ask specific questions get specific answers. Myself, I personally enjoy messing around with youtube, and there is a lot of good info. But if you are looking for quick, to the point answers, keep asking here. You probably would not be using a forum if you were ok with random youtube and google searches. Like I said, no disrespect intended at all. Just my two cents.

It's definately not recommended to use LR attys or cartos on a standard 510. You will shorten the life of the battery greatly.

I missed this info along the line. I didn't see anything happen with the batteries but then again, I went to a tornado and eGo shortly after so I don't use the regular 510's anymore. I was more under the assumption that you can't use a LR on a higher volt battery.

No disrespect, but I do have to disagree with this. Telling someone just to search 510 on youtube is like telling them to google it. You will get tons of useless information that you have wade through to find good information. That is what forums are for, ask specific questions get specific answers. Myself, I personally enjoy messing around with youtube, and there is a lot of good info. But if you are looking for quick, to the point answers, keep asking here. You probably would not be using a forum if you were ok with random youtube and google searches. Like I said, no disrespect intended at all. Just my two cents.

Well said. :thumbsup:

I missed this info along the line. I didn't see anything happen with the batteries but then again, I went to a tornado and eGo shortly after so I don't use the regular 510's anymore. I was more under the assumption that you can't use a LR on a higher volt battery.

I've read it several places... it shortens that actual life span of the battery over time. It's not that it doesn't work... but that it will quickly wear down the battery life. It's not recommended... key words.

It is still not recommended to use LR on anything under 500mah or anything above 3.7. I'm sure you could, but there might be a problem.

Yeah man ok, but YOU have to realize there are people who are just starting out and go right to the forum for some very basic questions, when alot of this is covered on youtube, if you really know how to research something its not hard to sift thru the bs and get the info you need, alot of posts on both her threads people on this forum started to post youtube links to help her, just my 3 cents!

People new to vaping want fast answers not sift through a bunch of videos! That why we are here on this forum! We answer their basic questions not send them on a wild goose hunt. We try to explain this to everyone in terms they can understand. This is exactly what turns people off to so many forums! People telling them to go search for anything! If you want them to see something SEND THEM A LINK TO IT! Don't make them look blindly for it. Remember, these people are new and may not understand the lingo or know how to do a specific search. Everyone is not computer savy and to take the route of telling them to go look for something IS NOT the way we do things here at Vapor Talk. We are here to help new members as much as we can, but telling them to go looking for something they may not truly understand in the first place is just wrong.

First. I don't claim to be a battery expert but using LR (low resistance) atomisers/cartomisers comes with a price to your batteries and I don't mean just what you paid for them. Your standard 510 recharable battery comes with I believe a said 200 times rechargable rating which means if you recharge it 2 or 3 times a day it is only gonna last say 3 months at best but using LR atomisers/cartomisers stresses the batteries in the respect that they may not be able to be recharged as many times ( which you can't "see" this damage that you've done to the battery) , now your standard battery may only last a few weeks, same goes for the ego batteries at $20-$25 a/piece. Of course, this is the best case scenario that only just costs you more money for more batteries more often, when you stress a battery there may be other consequences other than just the money aspect of it. :pc: Justs my 2 cents.

People new to vaping want fast answers not sift through a bunch of videos! That why we are here on this forum! We answer their basic questions not send them on a wild goose hunt. We try to explain this to everyone in terms they can understand. This is exactly what turns people off to so many forums! People telling them to go search for anything! If you want them to see something SEND THEM A LINK TO IT! Don't make them look blindly for it. Remember, these people are new and may not understand the lingo or know how to do a specific search. Everyone is not computer savy and to take the route of telling them to go look for something IS NOT the way we do things here at Vapor Talk. We are here to help new members as much as we can, but telling them to go looking for something they may not truly understand in the first place is just wrong.

Exactly. That's why we're here for: to give them the best logical answer that can easily be translated to even the most inexperienced newbie. If we were all like that, I don't think many of us would know much about vaping than we do now. Sitting here and giving them the cheap route ain't going to give us a good reputation here. Sure, sometimes I don't know how to answer certain questions but when I ask people like Hodge, they would take their time and explain it to me so I can get it. There's no such thing as stupid questions here at all

Cartos!

Please post a link to the cartos you purchased. That mey help as there are some LR cartos that are higher ohm than the standard Joye 510.

There ya go. Anyone wanna trade? I am now looking for just plain cartridges for my new 510.

Cartos!