New Ce2 Ceramic Xl 510 Cartomizers

Right, sort of. There is a fiber type wick that draws the juice to the coil, but there's no filler. There's a vid back ont the first page that shows the inside and explains how it works.

Man... He nearly burnt thru that wick in like 2 days of use! What happens when it burns all the way through... no more juice to the atty I would guess? Crazy... I think I'll be sticking to regular ol cartos until they figure it out . :thumbsup:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love new stuff, just like anyone else and I usually get right on them. The problem for me is that I dont really see what problem this solves. Perhaps more juice capacity but really....the ones out today hold plenty for meand really more or less treat them like dripping into an atty where they hold 8 drops instead of 2-3. Like a few others, rarely do I burn them.

I think it is great that there is so much effort being applied to improving the products of the industry but I am going to question what benefit this new design really provides.

Yeah, I will probably order them because i have shown 0 ability to resist the latest and greatest but reading this thread found my self asking, what is really being improved?

If you look at the filament it's actually just a normal atomizer coil. If you have an old 510 atomizer rip of the bridge and look inside so you know what a filament looks like. Then look at the cartomizer. What they've pretty much done is taken an atomizer coil and lifted it higher.

If you look at the filament it's actually just a normal atomizer coil. If you have an old 510 atomizer rip of the bridge and look inside so you know what a filament looks like. Then look at the cartomizer. What they've pretty much done is taken an atomizer coil and lifted it higher.

So is there any improvement to this design or just a new twist on and old one?

Guess we'll all just have to wait and see what others have found out when they try them. :iiam:

RoyalSmokers E2 Mega Cartomizers! Well, I got mine today! The first one I got out to use didn't want to screw into my eGo battery. I quickly looked at the threaded area and it was misshapen. VERY BADLY! I decided to take out all 5 and look at them. Four of them are misshapen so much that I'm afraid the center positive will short out to the negative threaded area! I just wrote RoyalSmokers an email about these! I do not know how these even passed QC in the first place? I'm using this "one" good one now. Its got a really hot throat hit. The flavor is ok sometimes. Mostly a burnt taste. I'm taking shorter hits since it seems to be hot quickly. I am hoping the burnt taste goes away. Lots of vapor though! So far I'm NOT impressed at all! :(

I saw a group of people on another forum that all went in on a giant order of these and they had the same problem Jay. Most of the threads were damaged and misshaped.

DAMN! That really makes me PO'd now! Looks like the whole production run is %&*#@ crap! I'm wondering what RoyalSmokers will say now, since I emailed them about mine? I'm VERY glad I got some regular 510 atomizers with my drip tips and juices! At least I can drip! These E2's are crap!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm sorry you had to suffer through the bad, but I'm sure glad you did for our sakes. Thanks! Hopefully they'll replace them with good ones... and they sure better fix them permanently if they ever want to see my hubby's hard earned cash.

I'll let everyone know what RoyalSmokers says in there reply email! If I get an answer. I've been emailing with them for a while since I heard about these. They were always very friendly in the recent passed! I hope they will send me out a 5 pack of good ones! I won't hold my breath though! To be continued! LOL

I'm not so sure there ARE any good ones!! :wallbash:

I've seen youtube reviews about the E2's. I'm thinkin some people got some good ones at least. Maybe not though! Too early to tell I guess. I'm sure glad I bought some regular 510 atomizers! My last cone shaped atomizer that came with my eGo double kit was goin out on me. I am really likin these 510's a lot! I see now why everyone is so up on the cones! The 510's look really weird without them! LOL Luckily I got two of the cones also! :) Not really liking the E2's so far though! :(

The (1) good E2 outta the 5 pack I am using heats up really well, but I can't get rid of the burnt taste. I rinsed out the damn thing. Dried it out good and re-filled it. Still tastes like crap! (((I AM SO GLAD I ORDERED NEW ATOMIZERS AND DRIP TIPS ALONG WITH THESE E2's!)))

I only tried one and that one tasted really burnt. Then I emailed them and I was using it on the joker at 5 volts. Jeffrey from wordupecigs told me that these are 2.5 ohms and can only be used at 3.7 volts. I just broke open another one and filled it with 2ml of Mt. Dew homebrew and it tastes great.

I only tried one and that one tasted really burnt. Then I emailed them and I was using it on the joker at 5 volts. Jeffrey from wordupecigs told me that these are 2.5 ohms and can only be used at 3.7 volts. I just broke open another one and filled it with 2ml of Mt. Dew homebrew and it tastes great.

Ya at 5 Volts I bet these were really gettin hot! LOL This one I've been using is hot on my eGo at 3.7 Volts. Are your E2's the Mega and are they black. Mine have a cheap black sticker type covering over the silver body. My new cones slide down over the black covering but its a little tight. Did you check the threaded area on all yours to see if they look misshapen at all? Seems like most of them are, from what I'm seeing on the forums. Mine have silver colored threads and inner conductor. Cheap! :(

Here's the reply that I got from RoyalSmokers in China! Sorta figured I'd get this type of answer from them! But....

Thanks for your email. This ones are absolutely will not pass our quality check! All the 510 xl cartomizer must fit the eGO.

But if something maybe happened in the shipment we can not control 100%.

Please contact with the place you buy Clouds of vapor, let them contact us.

We promise we will not touch our customer's customer. Thanks for understanding!

Best Regards Jocelyn RoyalSmokers

My original email to them:

Hello! I am writing you this email to let you know how disappointed I am with your product. I placed an order for a 5 pack of your 510 Mega Ceramic Cartomizers. I got them from Clouds of vapor here in the United States. The first one I got out of the package didn't want to screw into my eGo battery so I quickly looked at the bottom threads. The threaded area looks to be very misshapen. I don't think it will even work at all. The center positive will probably short out with the negative threaded area. I decided to open all of the cartomizer packages. One out of the five in the pack looks like its formed correctly, so I put it on my eGo battery to use. I don't know how these got passed your quality control inspection people at all? These should have gotten rejected! Everyone here in the E Cigarette forums is having a hard time finding these in stock anywhere in the United States. I was lucky enough to find one place that had them in stock and I was able to purchase the last 5pack they had. Now when I receive my order, they are all defective except for one! I am sending you the product numbers on the box so you can maybe look into why these were passed, and not rejected! I had a hard time getting these and when I do get them, most of them look to be defective! Again, I am VERY disappointed in your product!

PRD:20100816

EXP:20120815

Here's what Bruce at Cloudsofvapor emailed me! :) He's really cool! And a great guy!

I see you said it's not my fault, but I want my customers to be happy. Let me know what I can do to make this up to you.

A refund or another product. Just let me know.

Thank you,

Bruce Schneider

President

Clouds of Vapor, LLC.

I didn't want to hold him responsible for RoyalSmokers defective products, but I agreed on a 5 pack of high performance 510 cartomizers. He already shipped them out to me too! :)

Update on my defective 510 E2 Mega Ceramic Cartomizers! I was able to use a small pair of needle-nose pliers to squeeze one of the threaded areas back into shape, well enough that it wasn't shorted out. It will thread into my eGo battery now at least. I was a little worried that it was still a direct short so I took my Fluke VOM and checked it out first! The positive and negative contacts are really close on the bottom of these. With them being damaged, they are very close! But it works now! :) To my surprise, this second one has "no burnt taste" at all! :) I filled it the exact same way as I did the first one. The first one I tried has a burnt taste. Not sure why? Wish I could salvage the other 3 in the 5-pack but they are REALLY damaged and misshapen A LOT! :( If RoyalSmokers gets the quality up to where it needs to be, I might try to buy another 5 pack someday! MAYBE?

Kudos to Bruce at COV! He certainly went above and beyond to help you out with this. That e2 company better help him out or they'll be hearing from all of us.

Glad you got one to work! Thanks for keeping us updated with this.

Kudos to Bruce at COV! He certainly went above and beyond to help you out with this. That e2 company better help him out or they'll be hearing from all of us.

Glad you got one to work! Thanks for keeping us updated with this.

Yes, Bruce is cool! It's easy to see that he thinks customer service is important! He's a good guy!

I wonder if RoyalSmokers even makes good on all the defective E2's? Are they selling these knowing that defective units are going out the door? I don't know what to think about these E2's! I got one more to work by squeezing the threaded area into shape with a small pair of needle-nose pliers. It vapes pretty good! No burnt taste like the first one I tried. If all of these E2's were consistently this good, I'd buy more! Maybe?

I wonder what in the world could "damage" the threads anyway? I mean, it's not like they would get damaged like you describe if a box just fell over in shipment or something... it just seems like it would almost have to happen in the manufacturing process of the threaded part?? Strange...