Indecisive

Jolly

so i have limited funds to play with and am a bit torn as to what i want to build

i was thinking maybe go with

2 - 18650 batteries

2 - cr123a batteries

2 - 3-aaa (bundle aaa) type led flashlights (actually need these for a customer anyways).

The Ideas:

1.) mod some really small boxes with 5v booster boards. then see if i can do a 5 or 6v flashlight using the cr123a batteries.

with the small boxes i could make a slim down, knock off version of the Tekk Mod @ less of a cost.

2.) Mod a tekk at a hell of a lot cheaper than the $120 - 160 price tag.

3.) make my own design, the issue with a self made design is that the prototype tends to be to new for people to say they would snag one. also building a new design, unlike others out there that all pretty much look identical, is a tough task. then also you have to figure in the price of building the mold to cast it in.

so i guess my question on this next project is, what do you guys want in a PV?

how would you make it look and feel, describe it/draw up an idea and post it.

the end result is that i would want to make something that everyone could say; "that's the future of PV".

the slim knock off of a tekk mod would be by far the easiest thing to build. you don't need a week worth of vaping on a device so you could end up using a single 18650 rated at a "true" 2400mAh and get around 2-3 days of vaping at 3.7v,

5v on a single cell, is currently unknown to me as i do not have one to test.

right now i use a booster board with my 14500 labeled as 900mAh but really are more like 500-600mAh, i can pretty much vape on it for a day before swapping batteries, depends more on how much i vape. i plan on actually make a log of my vaping on that booster board to get some solid numbers. guess i could start that now.

back to topic. what would you like to see, design, function, form factor, or anything else you can think of.

- heather i'm not making a banana mod, unless you buy it for copious amounts of money the day i get done building it.. though i would actually make it look like this if you did actually want it.

Edited by jeffb
Removal of animated banana

I am sure it will not come as a surprise that my take will include regulated voltage at a minimum and a pot to provide variable would be optimum. I toyed with the idea of an acrylic mod using clear PVC. That would be for the look. I think you saw this link in chat one night but if you didn't a preview of a "future" mod is in this video. (yes, I already have one reserved)

http://theprecious.ro/home/the-new-precious-l-and-u/

i'm looking into 6.x volt variable down to 3.7

at the very least you need a 14500 to do that as a 10440 wouldn't last.

using an 18650 would be ideal but not necessary.

would an oval type box mod, similar to the fistpack mixed with a little bit of Duracell my pocket charger, be as enticing as a cylindrical mod?

i would assume cylindrical would win, they are just a bit more of a pain in the *** to build.

I would like to see a pair of brass knuckles modded into a PV. It would double as a self defense tool. :D

Tracy is alright in my book!

i actually wanted to make one.

but they don't really have any room for anything to be inserted.

--

right now i have some things on the way to build a cylindrical multi-voltage mod.

going for 3.7v, x.x, x.x, x.x, 6v using a single battery.

can punch vamps in the face and shoot werewolves.

at the end of the day being buffy you can vape.

i like this idea.. now if we could just attach some sort of zombie killing device.

the silver bullet always makes me think shooting werewolves.

but i was gunna get a banana hammock for my banana mod... :withstupid:

In seriousness though, I like how it looks like the tekk has sofy rubber grips. Maybe you could incorperate something similar in your later designs? Also, the tekk looks a little bulky. Perhaps something slim and hideable for the at-work vapers? with a PT connector?! that would be super sweet.

So I actually started a thread on this but I guess I should have read around first lol.

I know my idea will have much less mass appeal than others but as far as a niche goes I really think it would be a hit.

Make whatever PV you think is best in a blackberry otterbox case. The case that has a belt holster.

I don't know if anyone else is having or forsees issues with carrying a contrabandish looking PV in their workplace but I know I do.