Need Help Plz

icoltzzz

ok i bought my joye ego and i love it alot i love to vape i enjoy it but wen im around friends or co workers that smoke regular cigarettes i feel wierd. i just wanna smoke one but when im home i love vaping for some reason...im on 18mg do u think i should go higher? plz give me some advice on first starting vaping and how to deal with what i explained plz

THANKS!

It just takes a while to get over the urge.It took a long to get as hooked as we were and it takes time to get unhooked.I snuck a few for quite a few months before i lost my taste for them.I still think about trying one for old times sake once in a while.I don't think its a matter of nic levels smoking just was a very big part of our lifestyles.

Edited by mcquinn

It just takes a while to get over the urge.It took a long to get as hooked as we were and it takes time to get unhooked.I snuck a few for quite a few months before i lost my taste for them.I still think about trying one for old times sake once in a while.I don't think its a matter of nic levels smoking just was a very big part of our lifestyles.

YAH your 100% true thank u i appreiciate it alot

I think analogs will always tug at me from a far. Hopefully they don't, but I would imagine it's like alcohol for an alcoholic. Stay strong and don't let those nasty things lure you back. There really isn't one appealing quality about them....not one.

That being said, I'm still smoking because it was just "easier" than vaping when life got hectic. That was my excuse, anyway. This time, I'm going to get serious about it. When I receive an order I'm about ready to place for cartomizers, I'm finished with the stinkys. I drive a while each day and dripping and driving is not something I enjoy. I'm going to make this as easy as possible on myself and I always know where to get the real thing if I feel I must.

If you feel like you're not getting enough nic, then you may want to bump up to 24mg.

As we always say, if ya gotta have one, then have one and don't feel bad. Everyone is different. Some picked up an ecig and never looked back, never had a craving. Some vape but still have an occasional analog. Some smoke a few analogs a day, but have cut back from 2-3 packs. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day and during my first week I vaped at home and smoked at work before quitting completely. There were times when I had cravings, but I vaped heavily to get through it. Even after a few months I would get an occasional craving, usually due to stress, but vaped through it. Eight months in now and I can't recall the last time I really wanted one, so it has gotten better.

Don't fret man, Just starting out, if you smoke cigarettes during the day and vape at night, I'd call that a pretty damn good start! It will take a little bit of time to get used to it, but fear not, pretty soon you will be vaping in confidence and having people see your non-smoking progress and even inquiring about your success!

Never beat yourself up for having a smoke now and then, it's gonna happen.

I've been on 18mg since I started. I smoked about 2 packs/day of Marlboro Lights and the 18mg seems to cut my cravings completely.

Don't feel weird man, you're just a little ahead of the rest, in a technological breakthrough in quitting cigarettes! They'll get it sooner or later! :)

Vape on!

I agree completely with Mcquinn. If you really want a cigarette, have one. it's kinda hard to feel like the odd man out sometimes. smoking is not just the physical, its the psychological that is hardest.

Let things happen naturally, and vaping will completely take over. if you get too stressed over smoking the anxiety will make it much harder to quit in the long run. Just relax and enjoy.

Mcquinn---Don't do it !!! I made that mistake and I really thought I was going to be sick and I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth--it was awful !!

It takes a little while for your brain to associate nicotine with the electronic cigarette. You'll notice this most when you become angry. Let's say you get in an argument with your co worker, spouse, girlfriend , lover etc... Your going to want to jump for the cigarette. Why? Because you've been doing it for years. If you force yourself to vape, your brain will think "ahh, this does the same thing" and before you know it, the next time a day doesn't feel so great, you'll want your electronic cigarette.

As for others smoking around you, the urge will pass in time (a short time too) You'll pull out your e cigarette without a cigarette ever crossing your mind.

Have to agree with everyone. After 40+years of smoking it's still hard sometimes to not have just that one analog. I still get those cravings from time to time. I even get them sometimes when I'm vaping. I think to myself, "this is good but I'd really like a real cigarette" that's when I really have to get myself back to the fact that my vaping is so much better for me. As for the peer pressure...this too will pass in time. That uncomfortable feeling of looking strange will become more of an asset when people start asking you "what the hell have you got"? That's when you get to play the big part and start turning your friends into non-smokers also. Just give it time and it will all come together for you.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Brain is just being triggered going back to what it knows. I only vape now and rarely after going 0 mg/ml, but when people start asking me about it, and I get to start thinking about it, I have to vape. Kind of funny.

But if you think you aren't getting enough switch it up a little, again though, I doubt that's what you are experiencing.

After a while you will notice how bad a smoker smells and start washing everything in your house and car.I did not intend to be an *** about being around smokers but it really gets hard to be around that smell after you have been off the analogs for a while.Nothing is as bad as stale ciggerette smoke and dirty ashtrays.And as a plus you can look out the window at work at the smokers standing in the rain and snow and blow vapor at the window.

Hi, It's so good that you spoke up. It helps others. I am one of those people who haven't looked back since I began vaping 6/4. BUT, I've had my share of analog cravings. I vape, vape, vape when the craving comes on. It hasn't been easy to let go of something that was so much a part of me for so long. I notice EVERYONE who is smoking analogs everywhere I go. I gave away three cartons of analogs to a friend's spouse. I still have a couple of packs around somewhere 'just in case'. Yesterday I wanted to smoke an analog badly (stress going on, and interestingly yesterday, I was pretty angry about a few things). I thought who's going to know, and better yet who's going to care? I didn't do it. I think one of the things that propels me to keep going in the direction that I'm going in by vaping is that I feel so much better physically. I know that I would be trading that in if I were to start smoking analogs again. Vaping feels like the next right thing for me. I can still have cake (lots of cake), and eat it, too! I must say though, peer pressure is a b*^&h! Whatever you decide to do or not, there will be support here. Gluck!

One of the important things is to not feel like you've failed if you have one. I think Brian mentioned it many folks here smoke occasionally. I always say if you have cut out one cigarette that's good, any after that is a bonus, the goal is none but it does take some people some time to get there. Again, if you do, don't think FAIL and throw the PV away.

it's interesting how different peoples brains operate. for me, i started vaping and haven't looked back. i almost immediately quit craving cigarettes and haven't had one in a month. the really cool thing is that when i crave nicotine a couple of vape puffs takes care of it, i don't need to incessantly puff like it was a cig. the cravings are also milder and easier to resist. i'm experimenting with going places without my ecig, just to test the waters, and it's working out pretty well.

At 24mg I stuck to the smoking regimen, once an hour, one cigs worth except all bets were off when drinking. As I was cutting down I vaped like a fiend. Wife actually getting concerned. it was certainly a nice surprise to have the urges go away after getting to 0.

I struggled last winter to make the transition. What did it was waking up one day with no smokes. Right when I wake up my first smoke is the most important because that is when the craving for one is the strongest. I grabbed my e-cig, vaped, it took away the craving ,and I didn't feel the need to buy a pack on my way to work. That was when my brain rewired itself and agreed with me that it will work.

At 24mg I stuck to the smoking regimen, once an hour, one cigs worth except all bets were off when drinking. As I was cutting down I vaped like a fiend. Wife actually getting concerned. it was certainly a nice surprise to have the urges go away after getting to 0.

How long did it take to get to zero?

I was about a pack and a half a day Camel smoker. I really struggled getting off them and just vaping. I moved to higher voltage and using low resistance atomizers when using 3.7 volts. That made all the difference in the world to me. I also moved up to 24ml. I vape a lot. If I'm not working or involved with something, I am vaping. I have been vaping for probably four months now. A couple of weeks ago I tried an analog and couldn't finish it. I also found that there are a few flavors I really like. That helped me go to it instead of an analog. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to move up in strength and see if it helps. I also view this as a new hobby. I read the forums and watch the videos. I enjoyed smoking. I enjoy vaping more. If I was to stop everything and fall off the wagon now it would be to vaping. I experimented until I found what works for me. You can find what works for you. Happy vaping.

I have been smoke free since mid-March and now find the smell of smoke repugnant. I found that when I totally quit smoking I really missed the actual act of lighting the cigarette (I think because that is about the only part of smoking missing in vaping) I now vape at about 6ml but keep higher juice around for those "stressful" moments.

i completely stopped smoking the day i started vaping. about 4 days in i was having some atty issues so i bought a pack of smokes. since all my new hardware arrived that was the last pack i bought, about a month ago. i don't even think about cigarettes anymore.

ok i bought my joye ego and i love it alot i love to vape i enjoy it but wen im around friends or co workers that smoke regular cigarettes i feel wierd. i just wanna smoke one but when im home i love vaping for some reason...im on 18mg do u think i should go higher? plz give me some advice on first starting vaping and how to deal with what i explained plz

THANKS!

I totally understand that about when you vape in front of friends that smoke analogs it feels weird, but if you feel good about it its not that big of a deal and I know its tempting too bcuz when I go out and drink I always end up bumming smokes off my friends, thats probably why I dont have a smoke free banner, actually I find myself vaping as if it were a real cig at work a couple puffs here and there on lunch and break but when im at home im vaping like crazy, my wife loves it, no more stinky house, clothes, ashtrays laying around, its great to live in a cleaner air house except the 4 to 5 real cigs she smokes a day witch isn't bad, Im still trying to get her to switch over even tho a pack lasts her 3 to 4 days.