Diy Suppliers For Flavorings And Nic.

Nana--I think you will really like this chocolate. its is really rich tasting. the flavor has dropped off just a bit, so going to add a bit more today--could just be the taste bud thing.....

I have just started to play with the eythol malto--so far I have it at about .2 ml per 3ml -- seems about right for now. don't think I want it too sweet, but when I get more time to experiment......

can't wait to hear what you think.

I'd love to try it, but I looked on the site and I don't see any. Is it hiding somewhere? LOL

I haven't used any sweeteners yet. Might have to try that one, too.

I'd love to try it, but I looked on the site and I don't see any. Is it hiding somewhere? LOL

I haven't used any sweeteners yet. Might have to try that one, too.

It's under the "House of Flavors (Expert DIY Flavors)" navigation option. You can also find it in the DIY flavors, but not in any order.

DIY Flavorshack

I saw the sweetener under the expert flavors, but not the chocolate. I saw A chocolate under flavorings, but kitsune said "expert chocolate", so that's the one I want to try.

She does say on her site that if you don't see a flavor she carries, it's because she's out. That might explain why I'm not seeing it.

I saw the sweetener under the expert flavors, but not the chocolate. I saw A chocolate under flavorings, but kitsune said "expert chocolate", so that's the one I want to try.

She does say on her site that if you don't see a flavor she carries, it's because she's out. That might explain why I'm not seeing it.

Oh - Sorry, thought you were talking about the sweetener.

Nana--I don't see it either. Its a flavor Dawn threw in for me, so I dont know if its a new one that hasn't been posted . I would email Dawn at flavor shack. The label says 'expert chocolate flavoring'.

Dawn will be able to hook you up--

It really does taste like chocolate.... very little goes a long way !!

Because you all keep raving over her juices I just ordered her Black Cherry, Hickory, and tobacco flavor mixing flavors. They should get here tomorrow. Can't wait to try them. If it's all everyone's been saying it should be really great. And probably just the beginning of many more to come. If you all have any more suggestions please send them this way. :thumbsup:

I might do that, kitsune. Thanks.

Let me know what you think, snubber. The more opinions I get the better. LOL

I'm still very leery about trying the flavorings because there have been so many already that I can't taste.

Just remember--start experimenting with small amounts.

I usually start with 1 ml of base liquid- add a couple drops of flavor-taste and then adjust. once you figure out what you like it's easier to mix in larger amounts.

be cautious with tobacco flavors--they are notoriously strong, and taste horrible when over done.

if you have any 3ml bottles--they are easy for mixing small amounts.

What are you using as your base mix???

60mg, Ill cut it to about 22-24mg. Thought Id start with a 4% flavor on a 3mil trial with an unkown quanity of ethyl. They say 3-5% flavor so Ill hit the middle ground. Using the Black Cherry. The other expert flavors don't interest me that much, hoping for more (like grape and cinn) later.

Forgot to add the special mix that I had to wait on was thier Red Hots Cinn. I love Cinn and there aren't many good ones so I hoping for this one. Mine isn't too bad but needs more heat. Thinking about adding som capisun to it. But they may just solve my problem anyway. Just wish I had a good recipe for Red Hots of my own. :(

Just keep experimenting--you will find the right combination !!!

Have you tried the flavourart cinnamon? I'm not much of a judge on cinnamon flavor, not sure if theirs is hot enough.....

No, I haven't used any Flavorart yet. If I can find a Cinn I really like I maybe able to duplicate it. Also hoping the ethyl makes a flavor difference.

mixing really does bring out the mad scientist in us.......

The Eythol does seems to help add that bit of something. A year later and I still can never leave the flavors alone. Noticed freedomsmokeusa is having a sale----I have absolutely no will power !!!

DIY Package has arrived!! Tried the premixed butterscotch 10/10 Tried the Red Hots 11/10. Can't wait to mix with the expert Black Cherry, prolly have to wait until Sat. afternoon Their premix jucies are great! Great taste and excellent vapor. I recommend highly. :)

I love it when a flavor turns out to be exactly what you are looking for thumbsup.gif

I am playing with the flavorshack mint chocolate chip flavoring. it is very, very good. tastes like thin mints....added some cookie flavour art to the mix--I think this one will make my top 10 flavors. maybe a little coffee flavor to the mix....

I might finally have the makings of my peppermint mocha.

Sounds good! Nothin' like DIY mixing, ya get to tweak it to your taste, adjust nic levels as needed, and it's fun! The best part is, it saves ya some money! LoL

Hey, if any of you are interested in trying FA's Burley or Desert Ship, lemme know. I have a 5ml of each I'm looking to trade. They are very potent in flavor and have a distinct taste that I just don't care for. I'll even toss in some other pre-mix juices that don't get used as well. :)

Okay, This is what I have found with the expert black cherry flavoring: Imixed 3ml @ 24mg 4%-flavoring, 3%-ethyl maltol. I juiced myself at first so after that cleared away, I found it to be pretty tasty. I need to tweak a bit but it's hard to do when you only make 3ml. Good flavor, good vapor. I think I may be on to something. I wish they had more "expert flavors" to choose from. Oh yeah, ethyl is definetly better than sucralouse. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you are getting into mixing, it really is fun and challenging. It takes me a bit with flavors to get the right combination. Just try to keep track of how much you are adding--its a real pain when you find the right combination and then can't remember what you put into it.

don't be afraid to add more than one flavor !!

I add a drop or two of menthol to all my mixes--adds a little kick without tasting like menthol (not a huge menthol person)--it also seems to enhance the flavor a bit.

I'm liking eythol malto too--adds that missing ingredient.

Agreed, the sucralose adds to much of a chemical taste that eythol does not. What menthol do you add? Do you mix crystals? Can you buy it in liquid form?

Brian had it !!!!

my preference is DV menthol concentrate from TW---really, really, really strong. one drop to 5mls is all it takes. I have never messed with the crystals. 10ml of DV menthol will last me a lifetime.

my second choice is flavourart menthol--I usually get that from freedomsmokesusa or liberty flights. also very strong--a little goes a very long way.

Im not really a menthol guy so it may be TOO strong, if you were mixing a 3 ml batch how much ethyol would you start with?

Edited by Kragax

In 3ml I have been using about .3 ml--I haven't had as much time as would like to really play with my new flavors. at .3 it adds just a bit of sweetness or maybe just a balance to the flavor.

I think its just a matter of adding a couple drops at a time until it tastes right. Its not sweet like sugar-- it seems to be a bit more subtle.

Not sure if the crystals would be stronger......but the liquid eythol seems to work for me as a subtle flavor change.