Diy Suppliers For Flavorings And Nic.

Good afternoon!

I couldnt find a thread on this so I thought I might ask were do all of you get your supplies from, oil based and non oil based. including high grade nic and either PG or VG. Im also looking for unique flavorings and Im having the hardest time doing so. so if you could help direct me in the right place i would greatly appreciate any imput, im trying to get all these unique flavors put together already and tested. THANKS AGAIN VT your all great!

Chris

Good afternoon!

I couldnt find a thread on this so I thought I might ask were do all of you get your supplies from, oil based and non oil based. including high grade nic and either PG or VG. Im also looking for unique flavorings and Im having the hardest time doing so. so if you could help direct me in the right place i would greatly appreciate any imput, im trying to get all these unique flavors put together already and tested. THANKS AGAIN VT your all great!

Chris

You surely came to the right place.

for supplies, I like this place:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-supplies-c-3

They have all the syringes, gloves, and bottles you will need. They also carry some of the popular flavorings so it is good to get all in one place. They have a good price on vg/pg.

good quality liq-nic I get from here:

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/categories/DIY/

They also have good prices on pg/vg and the quality of their liq nic is very good. I have used the "premium" from Totally Wicked (platinum Ice) and this is every bit as good and at a fraction of the price. You can specify the strength and what it how it is diluted. This is the best price I can find for good quality, this is the only supplier I use for liq-nic.

Flavorings is probably the most disputed as there is a wide variety of "favorites". The first thing I want to mention is that you really do not want oil based, this is not good for your atomizers. Some of the popular artificial flavorings are; Loranns, Signature, Capellas and FlavorArt. All 4 of these are available at ecig express here:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/flavoring-c-16

Some people on these forums have had good luck with these but they are artificial flavors. the problem I have had is mixing a couple together for a more complex flavor. This is were I have issue and also it is my experience that if you do not get the ratio correct, it doesn't always taste right. This is my opinion and there are plenty of people that swear by them.

For me, I have had the most success with natural based flavorings. They seem to mix better when you are making them stronger/weaker and when you are blending several flavors together.

I get those at Totally Wicked site and they are here:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-liquid-flavourings/decadent-vapours-10ml-flavour-2-product.html

There is not any shortage of information or opinions on DIY. You will find there are very few "casual" DIYers. They are either disinterested after a few tries or are very passionate about that. Some of the most knowledgeable mixers can be found on these forums, i have learned a lot from them.

Have fun!

I've used all the sources above, but here are a few more:

FreedomsmokeUSA

The Perfumer's Apprentic

(I think the "signature series" carried by ecigexpress is The Perfume's Apprentice, but I could be wrong)

Loranns

For nic, I've purchased from Myfreedomsmokes (linked by Burn) and xtremevaping (link below).

Xtremevaping

A couple of times a year TW has a nice sale, that's when you swoop in.

I like TW stuff as much, most likely more, than most people and I am totally a mark for Decadent Vapour products (which Platinum Ice is) but even during their best sale fo the year (early december anniversary sale) their prices are still higher than my freedom smokes, which I believe is every bit as good. With that being said, you can never have too many Decadent Vapour flavorings! =)

I like TW stuff as much, most likely more, than most people and I am totally a mark for Decadent Vapour products (which Platinum Ice is) but even during their best sale fo the year (early december anniversary sale) their prices are still higher than my freedom smokes, which I believe is every bit as good. With that being said, you can never have too many Decadent Vapour flavorings! =)

I usually jump on the multi-packs during the sales, then they are very cheap.

I like to get TW's Platinum ice, and I get flavorings and glycerin from Lorann oils. Have also tried Decadent flavors from TW, i prefer loranns :D

And here's where individual opinion steps in. I really like the flavorings from TW, very potent and very clean-tasting. I think these are my favorite. Next fave for me is Perfumer's apprentice. Add these two together and you have 95% of the flavorings I use. The balance is generally Lorann's, because they also are generally very concentrated and taste like what you'd expect from the name.

You've gotten great suggestions here, so now it's time to make your list(s) and start mixing! Congratulations on picking this endeavor for your next vaping experience; I think it's the most fun of anything to do with vaping. I haven't vaped commercial liquid in months, and don't expect to again, frankly.

Here's my 2 cents:

http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?cPath=34&osCsid=9624826c44f3feb00213c2e8d5b3ef5f

I have been using flavourart flavoring almost since the beginning of my mixing adventures. Tiramisu (#1 favorite), Apple pie (#2 favorite), cookie (#3 favorite)--then theres chocolate, expresso, hazelnut, vanilla, forest fruit,...... many, many excellent combinations.

http://www.mstsbakery.com/

Blueberry smoothie, mint choc cappuccino and maple pecan doughnut---were all very good. very strong flavors--great for adding to other mixes

http://www.diyflavorshack.com/

This one is new to my mixing flavors, but have read great stuff. I have tried the watermelon and chocolate--so far so good. also ordered the english toffee. plus a bonus flavor of expert chocolate and heavenly chocolate. plus plan on playing with the sweetener (really looking forward to the sweetener)--I just got my stuff yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to play much.

so many choices and so many flavors

Saftey wise--they are all food flavoring that really isn't designed for inhaling--now, that being said--so far so good. been mixing for about a year, and I know I feel better than I did when I smoked !!!!

Happy Vaping

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought some flavors from DIY flavor shack and Dawn included and 'expert' chocolate. I must say--- wow !! it really does taste like chocolate. in 3mls I added about .2 ml of the chocolate and the flavor was pretty amazing. The 'expert' line, does seem to be pretty concentrated.

You will have to let us know what the black cherry is like......

so far the flavors from DIY have been very good. I really haven't had much time to mix lately, but I have loved them so far.

I have been playing with the eythol malto sweetener--it really does help with adding that extra sweet to the mix.

What do you mix the Eythol Malto Sweetner at. I had a sweetner (sucralose) that I used 1 drop per mil, it was so so. I just ordered the Eythol Malto but dont know what concentration to use. Ill keep you posted on the black cherry.

I recently bought some flavors from DIY flavor shack and Dawn included and 'expert' chocolate. I must say--- wow !! it really does taste like chocolate. in 3mls I added about .2 ml of the chocolate and the flavor was pretty amazing. The 'expert' line, does seem to be pretty concentrated.

You will have to let us know what the black cherry is like......

so far the flavors from DIY have been very good. I really haven't had much time to mix lately, but I have loved them so far.

I have been playing with the eythol malto sweetener--it really does help with adding that extra sweet to the mix.

I may have to try that chocolate. I haven't found a chocolate I like yet. Thanks for that info, kitsune!

Nana--I think you will really like this chocolate. its is really rich tasting. the flavor has dropped off just a bit, so going to add a bit more today--could just be the taste bud thing.....

I have just started to play with the eythol malto--so far I have it at about .2 ml per 3ml -- seems about right for now. don't think I want it too sweet, but when I get more time to experiment......

can't wait to hear what you think.

I've been thinking about trying the ethyl maltol too. PA sells it as well, don't know how it compares to DIY Flavor Shack.

I think DIY has it in liquid form. I've only seen it in the crystal form everywhere else.

I think DIY has it in liquid form. I've only seen it in the crystal form everywhere else.

Really? I sure expected that PA's was liquid anyway. But you know what "assume" means. Guess I'll have to check that. Hate to have to order from yet another supplier! Shipping kills me.

Really? I sure expected that PA's was liquid anyway. But you know what "assume" means. Guess I'll have to check that. Hate to have to order from yet another supplier! Shipping kills me.

Just checked...

"Pure ethyl maltol crystals. These can be dissolved in alcohol or Propylene Glycol @ 10%. (use a little heat)"

Just checked...

"Pure ethyl maltol crystals. These can be dissolved in alcohol or Propylene Glycol @ 10%. (use a little heat)"

Bummer! You know what they do to the messenger who delivers bad news, right? Yep, cut off his head. Sorry Bri. Off with the head.

Upside I guess is that I'll get to try some DIY Flavor Shack flavors. :) They sure sound like a winner.

I only have a few of the DIY flavorshack flavors, but, so far so good. I didn't even know eythol malto came in crystals--for that matter, the first time had seen it was at DIY--- don't really fancy messing with crystals.

Dawn at DIY, does provide good service and the prices are reasonable. I got the 15ml bottle of eythol malto--I have a feeling it will last me quite a while.

Im looking foward to trying it. It is supposed to work very well. The sucrelose (sp) is okay but adds a taste of its own that I don't really care for. This may be the missing link. (I hope)