Please Help Me Decide On Which One? Here Are My Stats

I watched the video saying it is individual so here are some facts about me and questions. Can anyone help me decide on which ecigarette and where to buy/what supplies I need?

I am a chain smoker but smoke Marlboro lights 100...so LIGHT is all I need. I am afraid that I will buy an ecigarette that will be too strong for me.

I am embarrassed by my smoking habit so the "smoke" can be as little as possible, I don't care about that.

I would prefer an ecigarette that doesn't look like an actual cigarette if possible. THe pen looks great...but is it reliable?

I am not electronic savvy so if it breaks, I will have to buy a new one. Is there one out there that is reliable? Maybe a two-pack so I won't go back to actual smoking while waiting on a replacement?

I smoke generally in my car and at my computer at home. But do smoke when out of town at amusement parks, etc. So stealth smoking is ideal for that.

Do the kits have everything that I need? Can you tell me all of the supplies I need so I can buy them upfront?

I don't know about the fruit flavors...I want something similar to wha t I smoke now...Marlboro light 100. So what should I buy?

I do need big battery life as I do smoke a lot.

Can anyone help me choose the best ecigarette for me? Thank you! Wanting to purchase very soon!

Forgot to ask these questions:

Is the tip hot? Does a case come with it? Do I need an ashtray still to hold it? Can it burn something/someone? Do I pocket it when out and about? Or hold it until it cools off?

Eventually does everyone quit smoking? Lowering the nicotine and just blowing the vapor?

Sorry for all of the questions! I have watched videos and read a ton but didnt find the answer to this.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. You've come to the right place for answers.

I would recommend the eGo (or tornado - same ecig, different name) It's close to the size of a cigarette, but doesn't look like one. You can now get them in different colors...mine is black. The kit comes with atomizers, cartridges, batteries, and a charger. For the most part it comes with everything you need to get started. That being said, I've always been a big "backups" person. For instance, you can vape with one battery while the other is charging, but if one of the batteries quits on you, you wouldn't be able to vape while your one and only battery is charging, so I suggest you have at least 3 batteries. If the kit comes with two atomizers, that's great, but it one of them quits too early, you're only left with one...so extra atomizers are a must. Same thing with chargers. It doesn't hurt to have an extra charger - just in case. You can use the cartridges or you can direct drip, but in either case you will need some e-juice. You'll have to go through a few different flavors to find that one or ones that you like best. You will also want plenty of juice on hand. Remember, backups. As long as you have extra batteries, atomizers, and juice, you'll be set. If something breaks, you'll have the replacements without having to wait on them to come in the mail. That's why I always say "backups, backups, backups."

The juice is a matter of personal preference. There are plenty of places that have tobacco flavors, but be aware that they really don't taste like any tobacco you've ever had smoking since you aren't smoking - you aren't burning anything. But there are lots of pleasant tasting juices out there.

The eGo/tornado is ideal for stealth vaping. You can hide the whole thing in your hand and no one would know you have it. If you hold the vapor in your mouth for a few moments befor exhaling, you will see very little - if any - vapor.

The battery life on the eGo/tornado is just about the best. You can easily get 6 to 8 hours vaping very heavily. If you don't vape as heavily you could get a few more hours. You can vape on one battery while the other is charging, so you will always have a battery charged and ready to go.

I have had the tip get hot, but it cools off quickly. It's not too hot though. I've put them in my pocket while they were hot with no problem. However, if it is in your pocket and the button is pushed, it can get hot enough to burn your leg. Don't ask how I know this. :whistle: While it can get hot, you don't need anything special to put it down on. Wait a second and it will cool off enough to lay it down anywhere. Also, the eGo/tornado has a flat bottom so you can stand it on end. It doesn't get hot enough to burn anything or anyone as a rule - with the exception of the pocket thing mentioned before.

There can be some smell with some of the juices. When I am vaping my cinnamon, my husband can smell that. He also says he can smell the chocolate and peanut butter mix. It makes him want a Reese's candy bar. LOL The smell - when there is one - doesn't linger like the smell of cigarettes though.

For the most part, I think people do eventually quit smoking. There are a few members here that still have a cigarette or two now and then, but I think most of us have quit all together. Several people have gone to 0 nicotine, too. I vape 0 nic quite a bit of the time, but still use the nic juice off and on when I get stressed. The highest level of nic I use now is 12mg or less. Quite a bit of the time it's 6mg or less.

I hope some of this helps you out. There will be more people with more answers soon. Or they have already answered since it's taken me so long to write all of this.

Good luck and ask any more questions you come up with.

Ok, I'll give this one a shot.

Most people on this forum will recommend you start with a 510 or a variation of that basic model. A very popular one is the Janty / Joye eGo. Manual switch battery, long battery life, it's a very highly regarded variation of the 510. Here is a link to one from a VT certified supplier... /joye-ego-black.html This kit is basically 2 fully functioning units, so when one goes down (usually the atomizers last about 1 month if you take care of them) you have a back-up while you order replacement parts.

You will want to order some juice as well, can't really recommend a flavor as it's too subjective, but pick something that sounds tasty to you and give it a go. Some suppliers offer small tester size bottles for cheap, and even small variety boxes some places so you can try a lot of different flavors before you order the larger sizes.

As to your concerns about burning yourself or others, it generally is not an issue. Unless you just had a unit malfunction and turn itself on for a long time without you noticing the atomizers generally do not get hot enough to burn you. I stick mine directly in my pocket right after using it all the time. The vapor does have a scent to it, I notice it more with a high voltage mod unit than with a standard 3.7V device, but it definitely has a scent, however it dissipates very quickly. As to quitting smoking, again that all depends on you. Some people use it as a way to quit smoking entirely and slowly step down their nicotine content until it is zero at which point they can keep vaping 0mg liquid or quit vaping as well, others use it as a safer alternative to smoking and have no intentions of quitting vaping.

1.) I am afraid that I will buy an ecigarette that will be too strong for me.

some people that chain smoke like a lower nic and some that smoke a little want a lot. depends on the person, i say go for a high nic content and see how you like it.

2.) I would prefer an ecigarette that doesn't look like an actual cigarette if possible. THe pen looks great...but is it reliable?

the ones shaped like a cig aren't that reliable. the batteries are just to small and last thing you want to do is have 10 batteries all charging and swapping them out.

3.) I am not electronic savvy so if it breaks, I will have to buy a new one.

there are three parts to an e-cig. the mouth piece that holds a cart full of e-juice, atomizer that heats up the juice to become vapor, and the battery. if one of the items broke you can just replace that piece.

4.) Is there one out there that is reliable?

ego and the tornado are good for first timers, with the addition of a large battery. both of those are basically the same thing as they both run a 510 atomizer. thats what i use and love it. the main types of atomizers people use are 510, 801, 901, and 808.

5.) Maybe a two-pack so I won't go back to actual smoking while waiting on a replacement?

to avoid having to go back to smoking just make sure you have extra batteries and atomizers.

6.) stealth smoking is ideal

i'm with you on this one, i actually modified a single AAA flashlight to an ecig using a 10440 protected li-ion battery.

7.) Do the kits have everything that I need?

kits tend to give you the starting point of what you need. if you get a kit order about 3 extra atomizers and batteries. say you go for the tornado kit, the kit doesn't come with their mega battery. what some people do with that is skip the kit and order just the parts. it cost more to do it that way but then you have just what you want.

8.) Can you tell me all of the supplies I need so I can buy them upfront?

the break down would be the kit or parts you will be using, and extra parts, juice. this list could be longer if you wanted to mix your own juice. if you want to do that OR want to have the best tasting e-juice i ever encountered hit up www.diyflavorshack.com

9.) I don't know about the fruit flavors...I want something similar to wha t I smoke now...Marlboro light 100.

i used to smoke marb light menthol. i actually like the fruity flavors. my daily vape is Caramel-Apple i made. my nic level is around 18mg but i am thinking of going up to 23mg.

10 do need big battery life as I do smoke a lot.

watch the mAh of the battery, the higher the number the longer it lasts.

11.) Is the tip hot?

no but the atomizer can get hot, not to the point you will get burnt but hot enough you don't want to touch it for that "just in case" factor, lol.

12.) oes a case come with it?

kits usually have a "case" but its not the type you would go walking around with, not sure why they call them a case it's actually a box. depending on what you get, an eye glass case will work.

13.) Do I need an ashtray still to hold it?

nope it is all vapor. like when you boil water, just this isn't water boiling.

14.) Can it burn something/someone?

never heard of anyone being burnt.

15.) Do I pocket it when out and about? Or hold it until it cools off?

i can chain vape and then drop it into my pocket.

16.) Eventually does everyone quit smoking?

depends on the person. that's the idea though.

17.) Lowering the nicotine and just blowing the vapor?

yes, but you can keep vaping the nic.. i haven't read a study that has any info about nic being harmful. in most cases it actually has effects that i want to hang onto. weight loss, making you happy, etc...

18.) is there any type of smell to it? Or scent? If you are using pineapple scented flavor, does everyone around you smell it too?

i blew my watermelon into a friends face to see if he could smell it when i first got my kit. he said it smelled like a weak watered down watermelon.

Welcome!

Not too long ago the forum posters guided me towards a Stealth. PC for work and public places. I have and love an eGo and a Silver bullet. ..both of which are difficult to stealth with because they produce great vapor. I wanted great flavor and TH but no vapor. Even a good ol reg joye 510 produces too much vapor for stealth. So the posters led me to the perfect stealth pv that could be just the ticket for y

Welcome...sounds like you've already gotten great answers to your questions so all I can do is put in my 2cents worth for the Ego/Tornado. I have one and it's a great unit. Battery life is great and I'm a heavy vaper. I started out with a mall e-cig and moved up to the 801 and a 901. Both were good units for their size but didn't last long enough. Was constantly changing batteries. So I moved up to the Tornado/Ego and haven't been sorry.

I think you'll like this device both for size and dependability. And like "nana" always says "backups backups backups". Both batteries, attys, carts, and juice. You might also look into direct dripping. It does make a lot of difference in the experience. So happy hunting, there a a ton of vendors out there with all kinds of parts and juice to choose from. I'm sure you will find something you like.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Gosh, sorry I left off where I did, dumb cell phone anyway. Ayway, now that I'm on the computer, I was able to look up that thread and find the replies. The 901 and the Kr808 both seemed to win. The Kr808 now has awesome carto's from the place that sells them. (very tasty too from what I hear). You can get everything all in one place. The STEALTH thread is: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/4107-stealth-vaping/page__hl__stealth

When you don't need stealth though... get the eGo and (yes, AND) the Silver Bullet. I have both and recommend both and soon will have my stealth one too. Or get the eGo and the Omega. Or the eGo and the Buzz. or... lol...

Point is though, for long periods of stealthing a Kr808 or 901 might feel more comfortable. But for non-stealth you'll be happier with awesome vapor. (eGo, SB, Omega, Buzz, ect)

They've about covered the questions.

Ego, extra parts (as budget allows), a few different flavors of liquid to start

You will fall in love with vaping !!!! I quit smoking just over a year ago thanks to e-cigs. don't even crave a cigarette.

Happy vaping

I just started vaping and am using a KR808D..it's easy to use and the battery lasts a long time...it's a 2 piece and so far produces lots of smoke and the starter kits are reasonably priced...Good Luck

Okay I am ready to purchase....is there a site that is more reliable with quick shipping?

Do y9ou save money on vaping vs cigarettes?

So I want to purchase separately instead of the kit? So good battery (which strength?), Tornado ecigarette, and liquid. Is that all?

I am a little confused about drip or not. Is there another part to buy if I don't self-drip?

Thanks for all your help!

Ok I am ordering now but wonder how much is in each cartridge and how long they will last me? I hesitate to order more in case I don't like the taste of Marbelo High or if it is too strong for me. I don't see an amount on the cartridge.

don't rely on the carts--they do not last long at all. you will need liquid to refill the carts. if you order a strength that is too strong it can be diluted. most of the companies also sell straight PG or VG, which can be used to dilute. best to order a bit strong and order some PG or VG for possible dilution.

are you ordering from VT?? most sell 10 ml sizes. marlboro is a fairly generic flavor, but if the budget allows you may want to try a couple flavors.

I just placed my order at . I dislike menthol and am not sure if I would like the other flavors that are fruity. I know that I can't stand the taste of menthol, bleh. The one pina colada I saw does have me interested though...maybe after I try the tobacco flavor first.

Can you tell me what VG stands for? I am thinking I might need to dilute the strength!

I am more thinking aabout not smoking than budget at this time. Have a surgery coming up and the doctor insisted no smoking for weeks beforehand. Would rather have what I need not to smoke than go back to reg. cig. I am really hoping the act of vaping will make it easy to stop real smoking!

Shipping seems very quick 2-3 days so I won't have to wait long if I need to order more later.

Edited by posts

PG is Propelyne Glycol and VG is vegetable Glycerine--both are products commonly found in foods. can wiki them for in depth explainations.

can also use wiltons glycerine--found in the baking section of any hobby shop. VG does provide a bit more vapor than PG. If you don't want to place another order, you can use the wiltons until you get things sorted.

If you just placed the order--they may be able to add it to your shipment.

Its much easier to dilute than add when it comes to nicotine strength.

It was already shipped by the time I went back. Or that is what the email said. I tried to call and ask, also to ask why the coupon code for 5% OFF on the shop forum didn't work but it was only a recording saying they were workiing on my order. Wonder how they knew it was me? LOL So I emailed and ask about the coupon code.

It was already shipped by the time I went back. Or that is what the email said. I tried to call and ask, also to ask why the coupon code for 5% OFF on the shop forum didn't work but it was only a recording saying they were workiing on my order. Wonder how they knew it was me? LOL So I emailed and ask about the coupon code.

LOL, that cracked me up! They just know. :)