Thinking About Taking The Plunge

o4srt

I've been vaping for about 2 weeks now, but already have 35 different flavors of juice, mostly in sample sizes. I find myself mixing flavors a lot to try to create something unique.

Tell me, do you find it worthwhile to DIY liquid?

It's totally worthwhile in that once you're set up it's very inexpensive in cost per ml to make your own. There is significant upfront expense, similar to getting set up for vaping itself. But once you're over the hump there, maintenance is very inexpensive, on the order of 25 cents per ml. But the real value of DIY is making your own liquid to your own specs. I vape 6V and commercial liquid just did not work for me. So I've formulated my own mix and it's perfect. This is something you cannot get any other way. So in that regard if nothing else, DIY is totally worth the effort and cost. That's just my .02.

May I add one thing. When you start mixing flavors for your own recipes, there will be some waste; some things will just taste like old socks and you'll have to throw them down the drain. That's right, I've made stuff that was not salvageable in any way! So what I learned to do is to taste new recipes with 0 nic PG or VG so that I don't lose the nic base too. Just a thought. When you hit that first recipe that's everything you hoped for you'll be hooked forever! :D

Edited by ddavelarsen

I had trouble tasting pre-made juice (actually still do), so I've been adding flavoring to them. Along the way I started trying different flavors, but only a single flavor at a time. Recently I started mixing flavors and I'm really enjoying it. Haven't found a really great flavor yet, but I'm sure I will. I finally bought some unflavored nic juice and I just placed three different orders of flavorings and now have quite a collection of flavors going. Initial cost seems a bit overwhelming, but these flavors will last quite a long time. I do feel it's well worth it.

There are several people here who already do DIY, so there is plenty of help if you need it. I'm thankful to all of them for their expertise and helpful hints.

Absolutely !!!

If interested, this is my current favorite DIY--OK-2 favorites:

both of these are about 18mg ish/ml

Apple Pie

makes 5ml(18mg end strength)

3 ml 36/mg unflavored

1 ml FlavourArt(FA) Apple Pie

.5 ml (FA) Irish Cream

2 drops (FA) perique black(can substitute other tobacco flavoring)

6 drops(.2ml) (FA) menthol

6 drops (FA)(.2m) vanilla

.8ml VG or PG

Tiramisu/Coffee

3ml 36mg unflavored

1.5 ml Tiramisu (flavourArt)

3 drops mellow sunset (FlavourArt)

6 drops Menthol (FA)

3 drops Caffe Espresso (FA)

.5 ml Chocolate (FA)

1 ml PG

Mixing can be a lot of fun. I haven't tried any strange concoctions yet, keep it simple, but I can regulate how strong the flavor is by doing it myself on stuff like coffee and chocolate. In the long run it's also very cost effective, give it a try.

Good luck and happy vaping.

i also enjoy flavors that "explode" in your mouth. I'm sure DIY is the way to go to achieve it, correct?

That is quite true, and one of the reasons many of us here have started DIY - commercial liquid is often not strong enough to register on our tired old buds. :) But it's also true that too much flavor can end up tasting horrible - regardless what you put in. Sometimes the flavor even seems to weaken when it's too strong. All things that experimenting will tell you. You're in good hands following recipes here though, I've seldom tried one I didn't like. (Apple Pie, coming up next! :D)

That is quite true, and one of the reasons many of us here have started DIY - commercial liquid is often not strong enough to register on our tired old buds. :) But it's also true that too much flavor can end up tasting horrible - regardless what you put in. Sometimes the flavor even seems to weaken when it's too strong. All things that experimenting will tell you. You're in good hands following recipes here though, I've seldom tried one I didn't like. (Apple Pie, coming up next! :D)

IT IS GOOD Dave!!

*sigh*.......sounds like even MORE money that I'll be shelling out.....you know, part of the reason I started vaping was to save money.....I'm beginning to think that it's doing the opposite.

First the 510 kit

Then the extra battery

then the PCC

then the passthrough

Then parts for my DIY 5v mod

throw in 35-40 sample size bottles of juice

and NOW DIY juice....

at least I'm not killing myself anymore, right? :thumbsup:

Right on man. Believe me when I say, a year from now it'll start to even out because you'll have made most of the upfront purchases and you'll be down to maintenance expense. But you're right, it's a shock to get set up and find the combination that works for you.

kitsune and Hodge - how can anyone resist temptation like that?! :Dthumbsup.gif

A year in and I am finally starting to spend less than I did when I was smoking, at 6months I was lucky to break even.

It is soooooo worth every penny !!!

Hodge--now that work has picked up--Jump in. You might as well learn by trial and error just like the rest of us........