Whats Your Preferred Atomizer Cleaning Method?

Im still trying to figure out the best method of cleaning my atomizers, for both getting rid of a certain ejuice's flavor, and overall maintenance when vapor production and/or flavor starts to deplete. Dry burning, blowing out ejuice, what do you do?

I played with cleaning methods for the first couple months of vaping and gave up.

In the last 10 months the only thing I do is:

twist the corner of papertowel or kleenex, push into the open end of the atty (not too hard), allow to sit for 10-15 min, repeat if necessary.

works to get rid of flavors or help a flooded atty.

so far this method has worked great. in the event of emergency--the corner of a tshirt works well too.

Happy vaping

i will get an old bottle of liquid and use it to put water in and just use that to clean out the atty. just repeat untill it looks clean or you get clean water coming out the other end. it always works for me. for example i use cartomizers ans they say they only last a little while. well ive been using mine for about 3 weeks now and all i do is clean it out every now and then and vape one. so i think that is a pretty good way. vape on!

I prefer dry burn as well, I do blow them out regularly and since I started leaving them upside down (batty side up) overnight, every night, the good flavor was been much easier to maintain. The other thing I have done (as I drip exclusively with standard atties) is I do remove the mesh and bridge from all my atties, this has made a huge difference in keeping them clean and changing flavors. I dont even have a dedicated menthol atty anymore. SOOOOOO much better, if you don't ever use cartridges anymore.

I prefer dry burn as well, I do blow them out regularly and since I started leaving them upside down (batty side up) overnight, every night, the good flavor was been much easier to maintain. The other thing I have done (as I drip exclusively with standard atties) is I do remove the mesh and bridge from all my atties, this has made a huge difference in keeping them clean and changing flavors. I dont even have a dedicated menthol atty anymore. SOOOOOO much better, if you don't ever use cartridges anymore.

I also do this to nearly every single atty I get... even my LR attys. I have a few that are still unmolested in my collection though. Truely are "dripping machines" once you do this. I love it.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I also do this to nearly every single atty I get... even my LR attys. I have a few that are still unmolested in my collection though. Truely are "dripping machines" once you do this. I love it.

Wait wait wait WHAT lol?? You can REMOVE the ENTIRE bridge and mesh, and it still functions properly....? WOW thats amazing! What is the best way to do this, as in, the safest haha??

I use a large syringe. The one you'd use to inject liquid seasoning into turkeys or chickens before you smoke them of deep fry them. Mine came with a bottle of Tony Cachiere's seasoning. Use the rubber grip from a pen as the adaptor. put one side over the syringe and the other side over an atomizer. Pour Everclear pure grain alcohol into a small cup, draw the everclear through the atomizer into the syringe and back out into the cup, Do this about three times and either let dry overnight or rinse out with water and burn out all the water/alcohol by using e-juice. I do this to get any leftover taste out of the atomizer. It's a very effective method.

i used to do Everclear soak, but ran out and they don't sell it in Ohio. i turned to boiling and that works just fine, with a dry-burn after.

i also recently started removing wicks and bridges and noticed that i rarely have to clean them as the wick (and to some extent the bridge) is what held (or caused) the nasty tasting stuff.

HOWEVER, this is only in 3.7 units... it does not taste right in my 5v VP PT, so i just remove the wicks and leave the bridges in those atties.

either way, a quick boil cleans them spotless. dry overnight, quick dry-burn before adding juice. ready to go.

when you watch the video he will constantly say how hard it is to do on camera, but that it is actually easy.

it is, it takes like 5-10 seconds each atty. way easier than it looks in the video.

plus, this way you can actually SEE the coil (and if it's clean or cruddy). in addition, you can simply LOOK at it to see of it's dry or not.

also, atties that you thought were shot, my not be after all (unless they are actually popped, of course).

when you watch the video he will constantly say how hard it is to do on camera, but that it is actually easy.

it is, it takes like 5-10 seconds each atty. way easier than it looks in the video.

plus, this way you can actually SEE the coil (and if it's clean or cruddy). in addition, you can simply LOOK at it to see of it's dry or not.

also, atties that you thought were shot, my not be after all (unless they are actually popped, of course).

You nailed it... that's what I really like about doing this. You always know how much juice you have in your atty. You don't have to wonder now if it's too dry, etc. And, yes, it is VERY easy to do. I just slap on my trusty head lamp and go at it. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

WOW I just did it, NO comparison. I wish I would Have done this SOONER haha thanks alot guys for telling me about this, I had no idea... i literally learn 5 things a day everyday on this wonderful forum, with this outstanding community :D

WOW I just did it, NO comparison. I wish I would Have done this SOONER haha thanks alot guys for telling me about this, I had no idea... i literally learn 5 things a day everyday on this wonderful forum, with this outstanding community :D

Excellent! I'm glad you like it. I do it to nearly every atty I get since I drip all the time.

Happy vaping... and BE CAREFUL OUT THERE ME FRIEND!!

WOW i just tryed that on one of my attys and what a difference. Has anyone ever tried this with a Low Resistance Atomizer?

yes, no different than standard resistance, works well too.

i used to remove the wicking and bridges from all my atties.

Recently, I've stopped removing the bridge out of personal preference. It's pretty good at 3.7v. Without them, at 5/6v the vapor is extremely warm. It's almost too much for me, might be fine for others though.

I generally just remove the wick now. I keep a few "stock" ones around. I find it to work really well, esp. the wicking. ymmv.

Again, this is for dripping only happy.gif