Whats Your Preferred Atomizer Cleaning Method?

Well.............. I'M BRIDGE-LESS!!!!!!!!!! And I did it on an atty that was not producing much vapor!................. IT IS NOW!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif OH the flavor!!

Thanks for the vid Burn!!!!!

Edited by ThaHodgehound

as i said, i did NOT like it on my PT (but i have a VP PT 5v), and yeah, it not quite a "burnt" taste... but it is definitely not good either.

but on standard 510 batts, and my Spade, bridge-less is awesome.

i ripped the bridge out of all my atties except like 2-3 that i have set aside for my VP PT (which i still removed the wick from).

but back on topic, i still clean then exactly the same way. it just seems i don't have to do it as often now.

WOW I just did it, NO comparison. I wish I would Have done this SOONER haha thanks alot guys for telling me about this, I had no idea... i literally learn 5 things a day everyday on this wonderful forum, with this outstanding community :D

lol. i said the same exact thing when i found this out. i stumbled across it (that same video) by accident about a month or two ago (but have been vaping since september) and the first thing i said was "wow, i wish i had known about this sooner!". ;)

there is so much awesome info here that it easy to miss stuff sometimes.

A couple of weeks ago, right after receiving my Tornado, I was about to give up vaping. I kept asking ppl (complaining, more like it) about this unpleasant taste I was experiencing on all my devices (I bought 2 diff kits when I started - 901 & 4081). This 'taste' was why I bought my Tornado thinking with all the rave reviews maybe I went wrong with the first go-round. Well my Tornado arrived and I was still tasting that 'taste'. Again, I was about to give up. Nearly heartbroken because I was so fond of this "alternative" I logged into the video chat room one evening and Vic was there talking about how he had pulled the wick out of his atomizer. My ears perked up and I asked some questions. He pointed me to the videos and WOW what a difference it made! That burnt plastic-ky taste was gone. What was gross though was when I pulled out the wicks and saw that they were all charred to a crisp at one end...every wick from every atty was charred. How can this be more healthful to inhale??? Well thank god they're gone now! I did remove the mesh & bridge from two attys and tried it out, but I've discovered that I don't much care for mine without the mesh & bridge. I didn't have any drip tips at the time and was using empty carts = juice on lips & in mouth. Also, I was dripping by removing the carts. Well once I pulled out a new cart and totally forgot that it was loaded. Man .. it made the vape even better. And all the while I thought that "taste" was coming from the filler in the carts.

I drip now, almost exclusively but I'm glad that I didn't throw away my carts .. I'm glad that I didn't pull the bridges out of all of my atomizers so I can USE those carts .. haha.

Guess we all tinker until we figure out what is right for us.

I did order "Heat N' Klean" and this last weekend I used it for the first time to clean all 9 atomizers and a few other things that accrue build-up. Works phenomenally! Wish I had known about the Heat N' Klean years ago *shrug*

noX, I watched the vid u linked me. And just had to do it to my 901! WOW Taste is better than ever!! Thanks! All my attys now will be wick free! Maybe just 1 or 2 bridgless. thumbsup.gif

That's just what I started doing in the beginning... it kinda makes sense that those fibers will eventually (quickly) get all burnt/charred and start changing the taste of our juices. I did this wick removal for quite a while before I was brave enough to take out the entire mesh/bridge to use for direct dripping. It definately has some good reasons to do it... and probably some not-so-good reasons as well. That's what I love about vaping... all of the different ways/tricks of doing different things! Aint it fun? :thumbsup:

That's just what I started doing in the beginning... it kinda makes sense that those fibers will eventually (quickly) get all burnt/charred and start changing the taste of our juices. I did this wick removal for quite a while before I was brave enough to take out the entire mesh/bridge to use for direct dripping. It definately has some good reasons to do it... and probably some not-so-good reasons as well. That's what I love about vaping... all of the different ways/tricks of doing different things! Aint it fun? :thumbsup:

Heat n' Kleen is tremendous. I use it once a month and it is like they are brand new again. I bought a cheap microscope to do a side by side and it is astounding. I do rinse the **** out of them, though.

Heat n' Kleen is tremendous. I use it once a month and it is like they are brand new again. I bought a cheap microscope to do a side by side and it is astounding. I do rinse the **** out of them, though.

Where do I find Heat-n-Kleen again? And what is your prefered method to use it ?

Where do I find Heat-n-Kleen again? And what is your prefered method to use it ?

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/gold-medal-2095-heat-n-kleen-popcorn-kettle-cleaner-31-oz/3802095.html

original post at ECF

http://www.e-cigreview.com/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=417

Me too - after the long range health effects of you testers are revealed!! ;-)

Forget that, 5 packs of gold band attys at TW are $5.60 an atty.

Its the principle of the matter. I just bought 25 more atties from PureSmoker this week ($5.00 ea) and I STILL don't want to lose a SINGLE drag off my atty. Kinda ridiculous, I know, just wired that way.

Not too worried about the Heat N' Kleen, I live in the city with the DIRTIEST air in the country, sometimes I stick my head in the pail of Heat N' Kleen just to get relief from the smog.... :detective:

Edited by Burn

I have pretty much switched to cartomizers but I do clean them. I still have 3 of my original cartos from my first pack and they still produce reasonably good vapor. I also clean them to use different flavors in the same one. I just throw them into a cup with rubbing alcohol (90%) and let them soak over night. I would like to use everclear as that isn't toxic and evaporates quicker but it's hard to come by and this is fine as long as you let them dry fully. In the morning i take a syringe and squirt it through a few times to clean out any remaining juice blow it out and let it dry. Doing this makes cartomizers last as long as stadard attys did for me. (after 3 months I could still use the first one I used if I wanted)