Fell Off The Wagon

Well, folks, I was overseas for awhile and didn't get to bring my gear with me so it was back to analogs for awhile. Man, I missed my vaping stuff. But I will say, it was really hard to get back to vaping after being on analogs for so long! I had forgotten what kind of a hold those things get on you.

I must admit, I'm still burning a few everyday but I can see that becoming less and less. I guess the lesson learned here is that it is really easy to drop back into your old habits. I don't think the monkey ever really gets off your back.

So be sure to have plenty of juice and attys because life without vaping stinks!

And most of all, never, ever give up trying.

I was really getting nervous because I was down to about 10 drops of juice left, but the mailman calmed my fears a few hrs ago! LOL Lesson learned....... Keep at least 20 ml in stock!!!!! Get back on the wagon and HOLD ON! thumbup.gif

Hey..most of us have been there more than once.

So good luck and keep trying. You'll kick them again.

Good luck and happy vaping.

I feel for you. I think it could easily happen to all of us. That's why I'm so big on backups for backups. Not to mention stocking up on the juice and attys and batteries and everything else you might ever need. My biggest fear has always been running out of something and having to go back to analogs.

But hey, it sounds like you're on the right track. And you've got everyone here to give you a helping hand, a pat on the back, a chuckle, a kind word, and all the encouragement you'll ever need.

So hang in there. Everything will work out in the end.

And by the way...glad you're back.

While I love being able to say "I've been smoke free for..." I know if I didn't have my vape I wouldn't be able to get to a store fast enough to buy some smokes. I'm agree with you, don't think I'll ever be totally free.

The great thing is your back on vaping! I think the longer you go the easier it becomes. You almost have to train yourself. For example even when you first switch to vaping often times a stress filled day will bring back memories of a cigarette. But so long as you ALWAYS hit that electronic cigarette your brain will start to associate with the ecig instead. Anyway congrats on being back, keep it up you have our support :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear its a little bit of a struggle to get back on track but is cool.

I think we all agree everyone is different. I vape for fun now, no interest in analogues even if I don't have my gear. I'm golfing this week, couple guys with me know I was a fiend and they smoke. Funny it took one three days to ask if it was okay to smoke in the cart with me. No issues there. My group basically drinks and try to get some golf in there as well. I'm still not even vaping while drinking during the day. Weird but I think my addicted part of the brain went on strike when I went to 0. Again though, everyone is different but I do recommend people try to get to 0 but if they find it uncomfortable/stressful, then get back to a comfortable level. I figure then they don't have the "simple" addiction I had. I've said it before, its almost embarrassing how easy this went and how much I struggled with other methods/NRTs so I encourage people to try as well.

Anyway, I guess my point is I seem to be in the minority though I've seen two other people point out their desire dropping off. Good luck to you getting back on the horse.

sorry to hear that DrJ, that really does stink. I slipped back too (just a little though... not back to 2+ pks a day, but a pack in 1 week) ... just because of the BAN stress. Oh how awful this is for you. You of people who loves the eCig enough to review it and inform others what to expect for their collection as well. Hugs!!

very glad you have made it back to vaping, I would hate to have to go back to smoking....

for now, just enjoy vaping and the rest will follow.

welcome back !!!!

I haven't had a cig in 4 months. You'll be OK, dude.

congratulations, jgray. I stopped smoking anologs 5 months ago but I just couldn't get the wife to do the same. There are always cigaretts around and I have picked one up on more than one occasion. The good news is that each time I tried an anolog I didn't like it at all and have no desire to go back to them. For those of you who do go back to cigs for any amount of time, don't panic. Just try again.