Problems Already

cr2coolv7

I am using an Android device and all of my posts and topics are from a mobile phone so bare with me. I purchased a fifty one trio today for very cheap. Seriously cheap. I am getting great pulls already and using standard cartridges. My problems stem from the charger. It says when I screw In the battery that the light on the charger will turn to red but mine stayed green the whole time. Anyone else had this happen? It did charge so it isn't a huge issue I would just prefer to have everything work properly, you know? I may take it back and exchange the charger. Besides that I am completely in love with vaping. I also backpack a lot in the backcountry and didn't know how water affects these? Not submersing just rain. Sorry I am so long winded. I greatly look forward to being a contributing member and avid learner. Thanks for your time.

Welcome! You'll probably be glad to know we're going to have an andriod version of the site very soon. That should make things MUCH easier for you :)

As for your charger issue yes this is common in some models. So long as the battery chargers it really shouldn't be an issue. Most e cigarettes take about 2 hours to charge at most.

Welcome, and yes I have seen chargers that do the "never turn to red to tell you its charging thing. If your really worried about it, see if you can exchange the charger. As for water and the ecig. I'd carry a ziplock bag, or something to keep it out of direct contact, but as long as it doesnt get drenched in water, it shouldnt be too much of an issue. Good luck and welcome to VT again.

Luke

I must be in the right forum of I get responses from the founder and a supplier right in a row. Fantastic news about the Android support. I am aware the fifty one is not the most loved model, and it is probably for good reason haha. My break even point is about two weeks with analogues. I will probably wait til this one bites it before I upgrade but I plan on getting my monies worth. I have looked at several other forums but I think I found where I belong. This forum is better designed to boot! Now if they only had electronic chew...

"I have looked at several other forums but I think I found where I belong."

Absolutely! These guys are incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and tentative. I'm proud to be a member of such an awesome community and I'm sure you'll find the same! :thumbsup:

I am aware the fifty one is not the most loved model, and it is probably for good reason haha. My break even point is about two weeks with analogues. I will probably wait til this one bites it before I upgrade but I plan on getting my monies worth.

Remember, once it bites it, you have to wait for the next one to come. You might be back on analogues while you wait. Don't press your luck too long, get a nice kit, use the 51 as your backup. Then start stocking up!!

Ya, to be honest I've seen a lot of chargers do these. They are mass produced and problems like this can occur. As long as the battery charges you should be in good shape. I understand the feeling though of you wanting it to work perfectly. This is a great forum and great community; the board is laid out nice and not super confusing with 1000 different sub categories. Welcome to vapor talk!

Welcome to VaporTalk, and you're NOT alone. I had the charger from my first starter kit go bad, JUSSST as I was really getting into vaping and as a result, I had to use analogs for a short while. I would DEFINITELY follow the advice of FTJoe and get those backups, you'll be glad that you did.

Good to have you with us, see you around the forums. :wave:

Welcome to Vapor Talk. Of course you belong here. This is a great bunch of people and we welcome more great people here all the time.

Pay close attention to what FTJoe said. He is oh so right!

Let us know how you're doing.

One nice thing about Ecig's is batteries are fairly cheap. If you stock up on about 5 or so batteries or even more you can last a while if you charger breaks. Just remember, the price of a 1 pack(Here) of analogs is the price of a either a 10ml bottle, atty, or battery and those will last you a lot longer. It's way cheaper hardware wise, and you wont be paying for increased insurance and health.

Good luck, and if you need any help VaporTalk patrons are here for you! :thumbsup:

Wow great responses. I already have spent quite a bit of time reading assorted info. I have used my e cig for about a day and a half. I have had five analogs in that time. Compared to twenty or more. I am pumped about this. I plan on visiting a local cigar shop hearing that they stock several models. For now I may stock up on batteries and some e liquid. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Wow great responses. I already have spent quite a bit of time reading assorted info. I have used my e cig for about a day and a half. I have had five analogs in that time. Compared to twenty or more. I am pumped about this. I plan on visiting a local cigar shop hearing that they stock several models. For now I may stock up on batteries and some e liquid. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Be careful in that shop - don't be fooled into thinking you're getting an elite ecig because it costs $150. Most of those expensive ecigs are either crap, or they're an over priced model that you can buy for $40-$50 on-line.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. When first checking e-cigs out, I finally convinced the wife to let me blow some money at the local smoke shop, and the device fell apart during the second day! Thats when I found this site, while surfing for info on "real" e-cigs... like the eGo! I'm sooo glad I did! I can hardly believe the difference between locally sold, big $$$ garbage and the much cheaper "Cadillacs" of e-cigs you can get online for half the cost! The local guys (around here anyway) only seem to carry the ones that look like a real cigarette and that seems to be the marketing ploy they stick with, but if you can get over that, you'll find much better quality stuff here!

I'm planning on scooping up a pass-through so I can stop fearing the "day of the dead battery", LoL! Still gonna get some extra batteries, but for some reason, I think having a PT will better ease my mind!

Welcome to VT and Happy Vaping! :)

Okay so the battery life on my fifty one trio is about six hours of moderate use. Not enough for this guy. I am getting a new e cig. Question is ego or tornado or what? I'll spend the money to get what I want but not too expensive. I want good battery life and I plan on dripping. I know the ego and tornado are the same thing almost. Thoughts? Others maybe?

@cr2coolv7 The eGo and tornado are exactly the same thing - just a different name. And the battery life is great. If you are getting 6 hours now, I'd be willing to guess you'd double that with the eGo/tornado. It really is a great little unit.

@bigjim The pass through does give you that peace of mind for sure. And if you get a car adapter to go with it, you don't have to worry about losing power either. You could always vape in the car if the power goes out. Plus it works great for road trips. I've spent a lot of time thinking of things that could go wrong and how I could cover for those times. I like to be prepared - even if those things never happen.

I agree with Nana, always prepare for the what if.....

I have heard great things about the ego.

Always stock up on batteries, atomizers and liquid....

Welcome and happy vaping