Atomizers & Flavor

Howdy all,

Just taking a quick survey of which atty everyone prefers for flavor. I'm currently a 510 type of guy, but all my buddies keep saying that the 801/901's have much better flavor.

From those of you who have used both, is it a significant difference in flavor? I don't want to purchase all kinds of adapters and stuff just to try them out, so I'll trust everyones opinion unworthy.gif

Current setup is SB@3.7-LR510. I have the option to run it @6v.

Thanks everyone happy.gif

Howdy all,

Just taking a quick survey of which atty everyone prefers for flavor. I'm currently a 510 type of guy, but all my buddies keep saying that the 801/901's have much better flavor.

From those of you who have used both, is it a significant difference in flavor? I don't want to purchase all kinds of adapters and stuff just to try them out, so I'll trust everyones opinion unworthy.gif

Current setup is SB@3.7-LR510. I have the option to run it @6v.

Thanks everyone happy.gif

I absolutely love the BE112s on the SB @ 6V. BE112s are an 801 penstyle atty made by BestECig, they have a 3.5ohm resistance and not only do they provide great flavor but the vapor output is great too. I have BE112s that have been kickin' for close to 6 months now (I do rotate through about 5 attys at any given time for flavor changes). As to the 510s, I'm just not a huge fan like so many others on this forum, but I have used them quite a bit and they are a nice compact alternative, but I still find myself defaulting to my BE112s 90% of the time.

I prefer the 801/302 low bridge but I use 510's,510 carto's and 901's and the cartos are the only one I notice a difference on the flavor.I am a 3.7 volt person for the most part andI prefer to cart instead of drip.

I prefer the 801/302 low bridge but I use 510's,510 carto's and 901's and the cartos are the only one I notice a difference on the flavor.I am a 3.7 volt person for the most part andI prefer to cart instead of drip.

Agreed. Cartos are the thing to use if you want big flavor. And since you use a 510 anyway it's just the $10 for 5 to try them out. Been using the same 5 for about 20 or so days. 3 of them have dropped of in vapor production too much to use and my last two will be done in the next few days. They don't last as long for sure but flavor is great. They are meant to be disposable.

At 3.7v I prefer the 901. I don't think the flavor the 901 provides can be matched at that voltage by another atomizer. I vape almost exclusively at 3.7-4 volts and a I love the 901!

I use the 510, 801 and 901 primarily on the VP/PT at 5v. The 510 is a vapor monster and it does kill the flavor a bit for me. The 901 is my favorite for flavor and the vapor production is quite nice. Not as much as the 510, but still very satisfying. The 801 is also very nice for flavor and I prefer the plain old dse801 brand. I have problems with the draw on the VP/PT, but when I get the hang of it, it is very nice. I did buy a 302 and it had a silver band, I did not like this one at all. It leaked and I thought the airflow on the draw was way to loose. I prefer a tighter draw.

I may be the odd man out here, but I found that with my SB at 6v the 510 is giving me fantastic flavor. I'm using LiFePO4 batts, which I hear actually only put out 5.18V under load. I've found that some juices that didn't have much flavor at 3.7v are really good. Again, oddly, I never liked the 510 on my VP/PT at 5v. I use the 302 exclusively on the PT and love it also. I've heard before about the 302's leaking, but I've been using them since January and have never had a leak. I haven't tried on on the SB yet (tried a couple, but couldn't get them to work with the adapter). Anyhow, I've got a couple of BE112s on the advice of Gdub, but haven't tried them yet and I've also got a couple of 901s on the way.

Well, I can see I've not been much help. :rolleyes2: I guess what I'm getting at is that some juices may taste different at different volts and on different attys.

put in an order in for some adapters.

It seems I'll just have to try both 801/901 styles - It would be nice to have the different attributes of each atty for different juices.

Thanks, all. Your personal results have been most helpful thumbup.gif

@Brian - are you using the 750mah LiFePO4's?

Yep, this is a can o' worms. :D If you were hoping for some solid objective help making a choice, just go ahead and throw in the towel. There are so many variations of devices, and voltage, and subjective taste that there's just no way to know how you're going to like a particular combination until you try it. I'm such a downer! :D

Just to confuse the issue more, I started vaping 801/302s at 3.7V and found myself nicely satisfied. I did get a few that leaked but no big deal. I used 302s exclusively for a very long time until one day I just decided I needed to know what all the hooraw about 510s was, and ordered a few.

I've never looked back. At 3.7V I got great TH off the 510, which is more important to me than flavor, but with most of my liquid I got okay flavor too. Then I went to 6V and the flavor did drop off, but the TH (especially with a bit of VG in the juice to smooth it out) was very nice. And then the 510 cartos! Wow, best of all possible worlds for me. Great TH, good flavor, lots of vapor... That's been my nirvana for a few weeks now. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get cartos again. Cry like a baby for starters. Then I guess I'd go back to either regular 510s at 6V or LR 510s at 3.7V.

I really don't anticipate using 801s again unless pressed to. For me 510s beat them in every regard (save flavor, which you can overcome by DIY your own liquid). Has this helped? Surely not; it's contradictory to half the replies so far! :D Don'tcha just love vaping?! I do.

@Brian - are you using the 750mah LiFePO4's?

Yep. :)

Below is a thread where WillBlack posted a pic showing two LiFePO4s under a simulated load (@2.2ohm - same as Joye 510). The result is 5.2v.

My link

Yep, this is a can o' worms. :D If you were hoping for some solid objective help making a choice, just go ahead and throw in the towel. There are so many variations of devices, and voltage, and subjective taste that there's just no way to know how you're going to like a particular combination until you try it.

I have a spreadsheet I've started but now I'm waiting for some 801/901 adapters and a cheap setup for the tornado/ego, so the possibilities have expanded further...Need a few hours on the weekend to get it all down, good thing I'm 0mg else I'd OD trying all the combos. ;-)

Unfortunately I still haven't tried other attys and I destroyed my e-cigar when I tried tampering with it.

My main vape is 3.7 volt 510 with low resistance attys. I do believe the juice has alot to do with flavor. I've found some juices do well with different voltages and some better with one or the other. And other juices won't be any good no matter what you use.

What about LR 801/901 attys with 3.7? Can anyone tell me how these are?

I have a spreadsheet I've started but now I'm waiting for some 801/901 adapters and a cheap setup for the tornado/ego, so the possibilities have expanded further...Need a few hours on the weekend to get it all down, good thing I'm 0mg else I'd OD trying all the combos. ;-)

Way to go Joe! That's what I'm talkin about - objectivity! thumbsup.gif Please keep us posted your results, this could be great.

Way to go Joe! That's what I'm talkin about - objectivity! thumbsup.gif Please keep us posted your results, this could be great.

Problem is its 0mg so really not very relevant to the general vaping community. But TH and flavor are what I'm looking for at 0mg so hopefully will help other low nic smokers. just need the time...oh boy

Problem is its 0mg so really not very relevant to the general vaping community. But TH and flavor are what I'm looking for at 0mg so hopefully will help other low nic smokers. just need the time...oh boy

If you're interested, I've been experimenting with TH at various voltages. Some of that might apply to 0 nic too. I'd suggest all PG with a touch of everclear, and if you're at 3.7V to use a LR atty. You won't get huge vapor that way but you should be able to feel it. Hope it helps.

If you're interested, I've been experimenting with TH at various voltages. Some of that might apply to 0 nic too. I'd suggest all PG with a touch of everclear, and if you're at 3.7V to use a LR atty. You won't get huge vapor that way but you should be able to feel it. Hope it helps.

Thanx - My fav so far is LR on spade but I think the battery drops off pretty quick. Getting and ego battery to play with. I have tried everclear and it does work but really only for dripping, carts and cartos I think just have it evaporate. I'm actually thinking of picking up a joker to try 5V, I have HV attys as well, combos are becoming exponentially larger than I would like. I care about draw as well, indulgence I have is too tight.

I am generally PG now but have a bunch of VG in other flavors (Rath, and more stuff coming). What was this topic about that I've so quietly hijacked?

Yep, this is a can o' worms. :D If you were hoping for some solid objective help making a choice, just go ahead and throw in the towel. There are so many variations of devices, and voltage, and subjective taste that there's just no way to know how you're going to like a particular combination until you try it. I'm such a downer! :D

Just to confuse the issue more, I started vaping 801/302s at 3.7V and found myself nicely satisfied. I did get a few that leaked but no big deal. I used 302s exclusively for a very long time until one day I just decided I needed to know what all the hooraw about 510s was, and ordered a few.

I've never looked back. At 3.7V I got great TH off the 510, which is more important to me than flavor, but with most of my liquid I got okay flavor too. Then I went to 6V and the flavor did drop off, but the TH (especially with a bit of VG in the juice to smooth it out) was very nice. And then the 510 cartos! Wow, best of all possible worlds for me. Great TH, good flavor, lots of vapor... That's been my nirvana for a few weeks now. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get cartos again. Cry like a baby for starters. Then I guess I'd go back to either regular 510s at 6V or LR 510s at 3.7V.

I really don't anticipate using 801s again unless pressed to. For me 510s beat them in every regard (save flavor, which you can overcome by DIY your own liquid). Has this helped? Surely not; it's contradictory to half the replies so far! :D Don'tcha just love vaping?! I do.

I, like you, was strictly a 510 and 801 user for quite some time.

And now that I ordered some 901's... I'm a changed man!

I love those things... for me, they are perfect at 5v on the VPPT and still great on my eGo/Tornado!

I didn't know what I was missing until I gave them a try... you should too if you haven't already. :thumbsup:

@FTJoe - lol @ hijacking, it actually is sort of related so I don't feel hijacked - getting down to 0mg's and still having good performance is something I'm interested in shuriken.gif

All the info coming in here, is excellent.

My only issue now - is if i want to get the LR and HR versions of the 801/901's try along with my collection of 510's laughing.gif

@FTJoe - lol @ hijacking, it actually is sort of related so I don't feel hijacked - getting down to 0mg's and still having good performance is something I'm interested in shuriken.gif

All the info coming in here, is excellent.

My only issue now - is if i want to get the LR and HR versions of the 801/901's try along with my collection of 510's laughing.gif

Thanx for understanding. And I say yes - everytime I see one somewhere I get it while ordering something else. Have a HV 801 and 901 for my 6V. Got a LR 801 to try as well. As I said, want to try and rate/describe all the combos so I can concentrate more on a single set or two of juices/voltages/attys if possible.

Where are the LR cartos???? Where??? Its the holy grail.

I, like you, was strictly a 510 and 801 user for quite some time.

And now that I ordered some 901's... I'm a changed man!

I love those things... for me, they are perfect at 5v on the VPPT and still great on my eGo/Tornado!

I didn't know what I was missing until I gave them a try... you should too if you haven't already. :thumbsup:

I haven't tried them but I guess I'll have to, won't I? :) Thanks for the recommendation.

I absolutely love the BE112s on the SB @ 6V. BE112s are an 801 penstyle atty made by BestECig, they have a 3.5ohm resistance and not only do they provide great flavor but the vapor output is great too. I have BE112s that have been kickin' for close to 6 months now (I do rotate through about 5 attys at any given time for flavor changes). As to the 510s, I'm just not a huge fan like so many others on this forum, but I have used them quite a bit and they are a nice compact alternative, but I still find myself defaulting to my BE112s 90% of the time.

Mr. Dub,

you have me quite intrigued regarding the BE112s. These are compatible with 801's correct? I ordered a 510>801 adapter, with 2 801s and I was going to order a 5pak of the 112s based on this post. Will they work on a 801 adapter?

Mr. Dub,

you have me quite intrigued regarding the BE112s. These are compatible with 801's correct? I ordered a 510>801 adapter, with 2 801s and I was going to order a 5pak of the 112s based on this post. Will they work on a 801 adapter?

I have heard that there has been alot of differences from one BE112 atty to the next.... where some would work on an adapter and some flat would not, no matter what tinkerin' people did with them. I read somewhere that they are making the efforts to get them fixed so they are all good. Hopefully someone else knows the scoop on these for us.

Here was where I read that: http://www.vapersforum.com/archive/index.php/t-447.html

Edited by DAYVAPE

Mr. Dub,

As DAYVAPE says you'll find varying reports on that. In my experience yes, they work on every 801 adapter I have tried (VP1, VP-PT, Silver Bullet, Indulgence). I don't want to tell you they'll work just to have them not work when you get them, but they really are my favorite 801 style atty to date. Maybe I've had good luck, but I have ordered 2 sets of 10 a few months apart and both orders have all been fine. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've been on the road all day, and just finally had a chance to break out the laptop here at the hotel.

I have heard that there has been alot of differences from one BE112 atty to the next.... where some would work on an adapter and some flat would not, no matter what tinkerin' people did with them. I read somewhere that they are making the efforts to get them fixed so they are all good. Hopefully someone else knows the scoop on these for us.

Here was where I read that: http://www.vapersforum.com/archive/index.php/t-447.html

not sure how I missed that in my g-search but thank you, interesting post.