Cartomizers, Vapor Talk, And Cartridges?

kosch

hello vapor talk! well, this is my first post so ill try to get straight to the point. i think that i know that cartridges hold the 'vapor talk' or 'juice'. what i dont know is whether they are refillable or not. and how many cartridges can you fill up with 30ml of vapor talk or juice. i should be going to the mall on friday and getting my first ecig. i have no idea what type but ill figure that out once i see what they have lol. thanks a lot for the help. ;)

thanks. not quite sure. something small but with decent battery life. (i know its contradictory lol but i never really cared for the ones that look like french cigarettes). i guess it depends on what they have.

congrats on thinking of making the switch to a healthier life style , but i dont think that the mall has the best answer for you . they are expencive and not the best bang for your buck. hopfully you'll read this and decide on taking the advice. i would recomend a joye 510 pv(personal vaporer) or otherwise known as a e-cig . there are many places to get them online with very fast shipping . good luck

Welcome to Vapor Talk Kosch. Be sure to check out some of the newbie videos on this forum as well as recommendations for PVs before you decide to purchase. You will find a wealth of information here, then if you have further questions we are all here to help. Good luck.

If you want something that feels more like a cigarette I'd go with the Joye 510. But the battery life is pretty low. (Normally about 2 hours at most)

If you don't mind the look the Janty eGo will go about 10 hours on a single charge.

As for cartridges there are 2 types.

1. Standard cart which can be refilled using liquid. Although this is an option most of us do not refill carts because it's just a pain. Instead we direct drip. To learn about to direct drip I suggest you take a look at this video: Click Here

2. Cartomizers - Now some people don't like to direct drip either because it's to much work or they travel/drive to often to direct drip. This is where cartomizers come into play. Cartomizer each contain there own atomizer. A cartomizer is filled from the bottom. They usually give out more flavor than a normal cart and last much much longer but is better suited for someone who has been vaping for a little while.

I would check out the prices of suppliers on the forum. Then if you go to the mall you can compare. Usually the units sold at retails stores or kiosks are way more expensive and don't work the greatest. I'm glad you're deciding to make the switch, you're going to enjoy the experience.

To answer your question, some carts are refillable, some are not. Empty carts with filler allow you to refill them a couple times. Carts with came with juice already loaded will run out, so you can choose to refill them but the flavors may mix and may not taste up to par. Most people here direct drip with empty carts. 30 ML of juice will last you quite a while. I go through about 3 10ML bottles every 2 weeks.

Kosch...Don't do it!!! I got my first e-cig at the mall also. Although it pointed me in the right direction it was way over priced and just wasn't worth the money. They play them up nice, but do your homework and read some posts, watch videos and read the reviews before you jump into buying just any e-cig. I know I wish I had. Like others have said, the 510 is a great starter unit but for the extra few dollars I'd say get and Ego/Tornado.

So good luck with your decision and let us know what you get. Just remember that the mall will be there after you have looked around if you still want to go for that one.

Good luck and happy vaping.

P.S, Vapor Talk is not a juice, it's the name of this forum. and the VT store does carry devices and juice.

Mall e-cigs are bad news. Better pricing, larger selection and fast shipping are all great benefits of online purchases. There are a host of great suppliers online and by visiting various forums there is not a shortage of suppliers with great reputations. Many of them are in the supplier forums of Vapor Talk.

I would also recommend jumping in the chat room here one night, there will not be a shortage of veteran e-cig users (not suppliers) that can help you out. They gave me the best advice I have ever received since I started. These folks are my "consumer reports" of the e-cig world.

Welcome to VT kosch! I hope you got the message: don't buy an e cig at the mall! :D You will waste your money and end up thinking that vaping doesn't work. But it does. Check out the suppliers here, definitely go for a 510 kit of some kind, my recommendation based on lots of experience from users here is also the eGo/Tornado (they're the same unit with different names). The eGo uses a 510 atomizer, or a 510 cartomizer. If using an atomizer, we do recommend direct dripping, as you will get more consitent flavor and throat hit. Cartridges tend to feed the liquid too slowly for many people, and you end up with a burnt taste rather than that fine vapor you deserve. Just my .02.

Good luck! I'm glad you're looking at adopting a much healthier lifestyle.

Welcome to the Vapor Talk forum. As Brian said, you already got the best of advice. The only other thing I can add is to read a lot of the older posts on here. You'll find a lot of people who bought those "mall" ecigs and find out what they really thought of them.

Good luck in whatever you decide. Vaping is the way to go for sure.

hey guys! sorry about not being on in awhile im grounded lol so its not easy gettin on sometimes. i really really appreciate all the help i have recieved. i spoke with the lady at the kiosk and found that she only carried one brand and it was $99! i have like 78 now but no credit card. my parents wont let me use their card so im not sure how to order online. i guess ill check out if amazon has the products you mentioned cuz i can get a prepaid card from amazon and it works like a gift card.(no interest or commitment) thanks again! ;)

hey guys! sorry about not being on in awhile im grounded lol so its not easy gettin on sometimes. i really really appreciate all the help i have recieved. i spoke with the lady at the kiosk and found that she only carried one brand and it was $99! i have like 78 now but no credit card. my parents wont let me use their card so im not sure how to order online. i guess ill check out if amazon has the products you mentioned cuz i can get a prepaid card from amazon and it works like a gift card.(no interest or commitment) thanks again! ;)

I may make an assumption here so I will apologize ahead of time. If you are 18 or older and your parents ground you or wont allow you to make a small credit card purchase. I do apologize for making a statement that does not apply to you. If you are indeed 18 or older and getting grounded by your parents, as a token of my sincere regret, I can refer you to some terrific therapists that you may seek out in the future. :rolleyes2:

If you are under 18, it is illegal for you to purchase electronic cigarettes as it is with tobacco based cigarettes. Not only will you cause risk to yourself with the law but you will also cause risk to the vendor that irresponsibly or unknowingly sold these to you. The electronic cigarette industry has been under fire for underage users of this product and these sales to minors are being leveraged to ban electronic cigarettes altogether. For the sake of the people that enjoy or depend on these devices to rid themselves of tobacco, I kindly urge you not to purchase these devices.

On a personal and humanitarian note, Picking up nicotine in the form of tobacco is one of the stupidest decisions i have ever made and I have made some doozies. I suspect there are others on this forum that feel the same way about the horrible day when they smoked for the first time. If you can stop now, please do, I assure you, avoiding very addictive nicotine now will all you to avoid writing a forum post like I am in the future when you reach your 30's

good luck!

Edited by Burn

I may make an assumption here so I will apologize ahead of time. If you are 18 or older and your parents ground you or wont allow you to make a small credit card purchase. I do apologize for making a statement that does not apply to you. If you are indeed 18 or older and getting grounded by your parents, as a token of my sincere regret, I can refer you to some terrific therapists that you may seek out in the future. :rolleyes2:

If you are under 18, it is illegal for you to purchase electronic cigarettes as it is with tobacco based cigarettes. Not only will you cause risk to yourself with the law but you will also cause risk to the vendor that irresponsibly or unknowingly sold these to you. The electronic cigarette industry has been under fire for underage users of this product and these sales to minors are being leveraged to ban electronic cigarettes altogether. For the sake of the people that enjoy or depend on these devices to rid themselves of tobacco, I kindly urge you not to purchase these devices.

On a personal and humanitarian note, Picking up nicotine in the form of tobacco is one of the stupidest decisions i have ever made and I have made some doozies. I suspect there are others on this forum that feel the same way about the horrible day when they smoked for the first time. If you can stop now, please do, I assure you, avoiding very addictive nicotine now will all you to avoid writing a forum post like I am in the future when you reach your 30's

good luck!

i am 18 years old. my buirthday was on january 20 1992. yes i did smoke and dip before i was 18, i started at 17. i am 18 but live in my parents home because i am a senior in high school. i am grounded because of grades. and no thanks on the therapist, nicotine and music have always served that role.

i am 18 years old. my buirthday was on january 20 1992. yes i did smoke and dip before i was 18, i started at 17. i am 18 but live in my parents home because i am a senior in high school. i am grounded because of grades. and no thanks on the therapist, nicotine and music have always served that role.

LOL...we are twitchy here because the FDA is seizing shipments and any politician with their hand open is getting paid to pass laws against vaping. The excuse they use is vaping is targeting kids. So hence the reaction, you are talking to people that have smoked for over twice your age and we're protective about the device that has saved us. Those mall people will sell to anyone.

If you have time and can get to a Walmart, you can get a card that you can load with x dollars. Costs $3, and $3 a month after that. I think also $3 bucks to reload. There are other ones out there as well. I got one because someone got my real card so I only use that on the net now. Once you have that, the world is your oyster. You shouldn't have to pay more than $50 or so for a nice 510 kit, and another $7-$8 per bottle for some juice. Should be much cheaper than actually smoking but I didn't notice your location. My advice, after smoking for only a year or so, you should be able to cut down and quit altogether after a reasonable amount of time. If your parents know you smoke, ask for some cash to help, and load the card and order.

We are here for you (unless you're under 18). ;-)

Edited by FTJoe

Get said card from walmart and buy from an online vendor. DONT GO TO THE MALL! As I'm sure others have said the 510 is a good bet. A starter kit for around $50 is all you need to start. Pick up some juice that sounds appealing and you're good to go. Don't start with high nicotine. Start with the lowest possible. Something like 6 or 9mg. You don't seem to have been smoking long so you really may want to consider getting some 0 nic juice. It has all the benefits without kepping you addicted to nicotine. Maybe get some low nic juice and some no nic and only use the nic when you have a particularly heavy craving. Just think using nicotine as little as possible will help you get away from the addiction. Get out while you can. The people here on the forum have for the most part smoked for a long time. You can't really understand how much you will regret continuing to use nicotine when you wake up 5 years or more from now and wish you quit. You are at a point that may be easy to quit using the e-cig to help. Well enough parental guidance... Good luck.