Noob Questions......

JamesC7625

So I was looking at the Awesome Vapor site after reading loads of reviews of the customer service and the product quality. But when I got to the truths about ecigs page it was talking about how they lasted 2-3 months and that was pushing. So I was wondering, do you just purchase replacement parts (batteries, atomizers, cartridges) or just a whole new kit or what?

Also, I was looking at the kits the site offered and have still yet to make a decision. I want something that looks similar to a cigarette, but has a long enough battery life and will produce enough vapor so I not having to take multiple drags constantly. Also the difference between the batteries available is kinda confusing to me. I would assume if your not using it then the battery won't be effected. But I wasn't sure if it was like a cellphone where you use the battery no matter what and more so when you use it.

For those who have used them, which is the most user friendly? Being that this is the first one I will own I want to make sure I am able to get accustomed to using it and refilling it and all without messing something up, ha ha.

Noob questions, I know. But before I buy anything I'd like to know.

He is correct you usually will need to purchase new batteries and atomizers over time. Although 3 months doesn't seem like a long time it's much better than it used to be. It's also MUCH cheaper than smoking cigarettes.

I would suggest going with (like we always say :lol:) They Joye 510, Janty Ego (which uses a 510 atomizer but has VERY long battery life plus a long warranty) The nice thing about sticking with the 510 series is it's almost becoming a standard. Their are cartomizers now on the market for the 510 making it pretty much the most universal device on the market. The atomizers for the 510 also work on most newer custom mods.

A Joye 510 will run you about 50 bucks and is very user freindly. I suggest watching these videos to help get you started:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/videos/category-5-electronic-cigarette-faq/

So I was looking at the Awesome Vapor site after reading loads of reviews of the customer service and the product quality. But when I got to the truths about ecigs page it was talking about how they lasted 2-3 months and that was pushing. So I was wondering, do you just purchase replacement parts (batteries, atomizers, cartridges) or just a whole new kit or what?

Also, I was looking at the kits the site offered and have still yet to make a decision. I want something that looks similar to a cigarette, but has a long enough battery life and will produce enough vapor so I not having to take multiple drags constantly. Also the difference between the batteries available is kinda confusing to me. I would assume if your not using it then the battery won't be effected. But I wasn't sure if it was like a cellphone where you use the battery no matter what and more so when you use it.

For those who have used them, which is the most user friendly? Being that this is the first one I will own I want to make sure I am able to get accustomed to using it and refilling it and all without messing something up, ha ha.

Noob questions, I know. But before I buy anything I'd like to know.

*most* people would agree a 510 or ego/Tornado are good units to start out with. an ego or Tornado is basically a 510 with a bigger battery. Batteries only discharge when you are pressing on the button to produce vapor. A charged battery should retain it's charge for at least a few months if it's unused.

A standard 510 battery will last you 1-2hrs of moderate vaping, a mega battery might last 2-4 but an eGo/Tornado battery would last you much longer (your mileage may vary). If I were to start vaping from scratch, I'd go the eGo/Tornado route. A bit more $$ to start out but compared to regular smokes, it's a drop in the bucket.

You'll get used to refilling, etc extremely fast. The first day or two you might spend tinkering and figuring out what methods work best for you then everything will become second nature.

Christopher - damn you for typing faster than me.

Edited by Fritchard

Welcome to the forum. I have to agree with both of them. The 510 is the most dependable go to unit. Good vapor production and best for starting out with. You can get extra batts and a PCC if you want to carry extra batteries with you. Or you can go with the Ego/Tornado unit. It's a little bit bigger, but the battery life is a whole lot longer. Both are a great choice and it's just a matter of which you want to start with.

After a while you'll be looking into other mods and Passthroughs but for now stick with the basics.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Thanks guys. I think the Tornado would probably be the one I would need. Longer battery life is good. I work retail so I may work anywhere between 6-10 hours at a time. And I smoke rather heavily. It is typically 15 minutes from the time I get through going on one cigarette break to when I start needing another one, but cannot go. So whatever I get will be used pretty frequently.

I was pretty sure he meant that you would have to replace atomizers and cartridges periodically, but I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up.

So I pretty much have decided that a 510 is what I need. Now just to find a supplier and buy one. This could prove to be the tricky part. Initially I had planned on buying from Awesome Vapor, but the I looked at one of the vaporlites promo packages and now I am not too sure. For about $70 I get:

2 Complete VaporLites - (1 AUTO + 1 MANUAL)

1 USB Charger Stick

1 Wall/Home Charger Adapter

1 Car USB Adapter (Great to Charge PCC in car)

1 Charging Case (PCC) - New Design! - FREE PROMO ITEM - $25.00 VALUE

3 (10 ML) Bottles of Cartridge Refill Liquid - FREE PROMO ITEM - 25.00 VALUE

10 Pre-filled Cartridges (555 Flavor, HIGH Strength)

1 Gift Box & Instruction Sheet

Is this one of those too go to be true offers or what? I read the thread talking about shipping problems, but everything else was great. I just wanted to get more opinions on them.

Also I am assuming the Tornado is a particular model, where I can find more info on it?

Sorry, lots of questions I know. I like the peace of mind of knowing all that I can though.

Also I am assuming the Tornado is a particular model, where I can find more info on it?

Okay - one at a time. The tornado is actually the Janty Ego. Its just what TotallyWicked calls it. The Ego is available many places. It utilizes a 510 atomizer, not to be confused with a 510 unit. A 510 is a 510 battery (like of about an hour or two), the 510 atomizer and a 510 cartridge which is basically what you'll get at vaporlites I believe. Now a regular 510 is nothing to sneeze at. With a personal charging case (PCC) you an charge the batteries for quite a while. Then there are 510 mega batteries which last longer and PCCs for those as well. Many of the suppliers listed here carry the Ego.

Were you planning on getting a 510 and an Ego/Tornado?

Egos:

http://usa.jantyworld.com/sets/-ego-set-

https://www.dietsmokes.com/products/Janty-Ego-set.html

Right here at the vaportalk store!!!

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Janty-eGo-.html

Tornado

Edited by FTJoe

Thanks guys. I think the Tornado would probably be the one I would need. Longer battery life is good. I work retail so I may work anywhere between 6-10 hours at a time. And I smoke rather heavily. It is typically 15 minutes from the time I get through going on one cigarette break to when I start needing another one, but cannot go. So whatever I get will be used pretty frequently.

I was pretty sure he meant that you would have to replace atomizers and cartridges periodically, but I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up.

So I pretty much have decided that a 510 is what I need. Now just to find a supplier and buy one. This could prove to be the tricky part. Initially I had planned on buying from Awesome Vapor, but the I looked at one of the vaporlites promo packages and now I am not too sure. For about $70 I get:

Is this one of those too go to be true offers or what? I read the thread talking about shipping problems, but everything else was great. I just wanted to get more opinions on them.

Sorry, lots of questions I know. I like the peace of mind of knowing all that I can though.

From a price standpoint that is a very good deal. I don't have any experience with this vendor, nor do I know the quality of the products. That pcc is a design I haven't seen before. Actually looks pretty cool. Something that you may want to ask vaporlites is do they use joye 510 atomizers or knock offs. $5 for a spare atty almost has to be a knock of atty. $8 battery... I am leaning towards pass on this deal. That is a lot of gear for the price but could bite you later. I am all about deals as my wallet is rather lonely but I wouldn't buy it. I could be full of it though I'll let some others weigh in.

Okay - one at a time. The tornado is actually the Janty Ego. Its just what TotallyWicked calls it. The Ego is available many places. It utilizes a 510 atomizer, not to be confused with a 510 unit. A 510 is a 510 battery (like of about an hour or two), the 510 atomizer and a 510 cartridge which is basically what you'll get at vaporlites I believe. Now a regular 510 is nothing to sneeze at. With a personal charging case (PCC) you an charge the batteries for quite a while. Then there are 510 mega batteries which last longer and PCCs for those as well. Many of the suppliers listed here carry the Ego.

Were you planning on getting a 510 and an Ego/Tornado?

I will probably see how I do with a regular 510. If I need a bigger battery I guess I can always buy one.

Thanks for the help.

I work retail so I may work anywhere between 6-10 hours at a time.

No need to apologize about noob questions, we all start somewhere; we are happy to help you.

If you are working 6-10 hour shifts I highly recommend an eGo. I use a Totally Wicked Tornado(same thing) and I get fantastic battery life out of it. I cycle between 3 batteries and keep them as charged up as possible at all times(vape about an hour or two then switch batteries). This keeps the voltage output at maximum strength, for when the batteries charge begins to die down, so does the voltage output. This voltage taper off can be found much more commonly with standard 510 batteries as compared to eGo batteries, but the same principles apply to both.

But anyways, an eGo charge should last you a days work, if not it will probably last close to the end of your shift.

From a price standpoint that is a very good deal. I don't have any experience with this vendor, nor do I know the quality of the products. That pcc is a design I haven't seen before. Actually looks pretty cool. Something that you may want to ask vaporlites is do they use joye 510 atomizers or knock offs. $5 for a spare atty almost has to be a knock of atty. $8 battery... I am leaning towards pass on this deal. That is a lot of gear for the price but could bite you later. I am all about deals as my wallet is rather lonely but I wouldn't buy it. I could be full of it though I'll let some others weigh in.

Thats kinda what I thought. I am still thinking.

If the wallet allows and you go with one of the 510 kits always look at getting an extra battery and atomizer (total of 3)

and of course extra liquid. don't rely on the carts.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=31 I have had very good luck and prices with Liberty flights

http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/category.sc?categoryId=19 - Rocky Mountain vapor Good prices and service.

and most recently added a Nomad to my collection: http://www.azsmokefree.com/home - very fast delivery, good prices and so far good service.

There is sooooo much to learn initially. sometimes you just need to jump.

There is a learning curve with all e cigs, but it is so worth the time, effort and start up cost. In the end it is much cheaper than smoking.

keep asking--we all love to help.

I went ahead and ordered the 510 starter kit from Awesome Vapor last night. I'll update ya'll when I get it. I am so looking forward to being able to smoke or "vape" inside. No more smoking in the rain and cold.

You can get a "no box" starter kit from Cignot for $35. Shipping if $5 for orders under $59, so you're looking at $40. If you're wanting to test the waters this is a good way to go to get you started. I ordered three kits from them for friends at work and they are genuine Joye 510's. They have a "no box" PCC kit for $65 (free shipping). You'll also want to make sure you get some juice to refill your carts (or for direct dripping).

Cignot 510

Cignot 510 w/PCC

Shop around a little - check out the supporting suppliers and the certified suppliers also. Cignot will also have eGo's in stock tomorrow. Wordup also sells eGo's.

Supporting Suppliers

Certified Suppliers

Lots of suppliers also offer a discount code, so check out this list:

Discount Codes

There are some other codes floating around the forum also. Good luck and we'll be here for you! :thumbsup:

you will love the 510. it has kept me free from cigarettes for 11 months. if you run into questions, just ask. there is a learning curve with e-cigs, but it really is an amazing experience.

welcome to the world of vaping !!!

Thanks! I am so stoked and I can't wait for it to get here. I haven't even received it yet, and I have already got a good friend of mine convinced he needs to buy one too, ha ha. My sister and I are the only smokers in my family, hopefully I can get her into vaping and off of smoking.

I went ahead and ordered the 510 starter kit from Awesome Vapor last night. I'll update ya'll when I get it. I am so looking forward to being able to smoke or "vape" inside. No more smoking in the rain and cold.

Hehe ya the smoking inside was one of the original selling points for me. No more smokey clothes either. Didn't realize how bad I smelled until my sense of smell returned. Just remember that e cigs are still not very well known by most people. Be prepared if vaping in bars or other businesses to be treated as a smoker. Sometimes other patrons have not been keen on me vaping and I am asked to stop. Most of the time it's from smokers that can't smoke so they don't want me to be allowed. Haha! Just remember to be respectful and stop if asked. Good luck you'll love that 510!

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. If my clothes truly smell worse than I think I do from smoking(which is pretty bad) I'll be off analogs for good the first day. I am looking forward to no more analogs, the past few days I have started realizing how bad they taste. Can hardly get through half of one.