Nicotine Poisening

I'm reading many of you mix your usage of analogs and Electronic Cigarettes....

For you that use Electronic Cigarettes and smoke Analogs as well, BEWARE!!! Using both in conjunction can be highly toxic and can cause a serious harmful reaction by your body, inducing you with NICOTINE POISONING. I have been the victim of nicotine poisoning twice now, once due to mixing my use of analogs and Electronic Cigarettes, and another time due to too much nicotine consumption (I vaped way too much which I first got my Tornado, 24mg juice to boot). Nicotine poisoning can be fatal, and is also referred to one of the worst momentary sicknesses there is. It can be compared to EXTREME food poisening that lasts for an extended 5-7 days, the first 3 days being critically severe. Please be careful people! I am only posting this in regards for your safety! I suffered nicotine poisoning because I did not know that mixing analogs and e cigs were toxic to your body. I also did not know the limits of nicotine comsumtion when I first started using my Tornado. Take this as a warning and keep things in moderation, always.

At first I thought it was food poisoning, thought I had eaten bad food from Del Taco... I went to the doctors, they told me I had Gastroenteritis (which I did have, but is a side effect of nicotine poisoning), which is inflamation of the stomach/intestines, usually caused by food poisoning and did not once think I had nicotine poisoning (I did explain I use an E cig and is quitting smoking analogs). I actually asked the doctors for an IV to help my severe dehydration by they declined my request saying I will be fine. BULL ******* ****!!! :censored: I was so pissed off to hear TWO Ph.Ds completely falsified my condition... A week later when I regained some energy, I studied up on my condition and concluded it was nicotine poisening 100% (PM or post if you would like details on my conclusion). So that makes me smarter than a Ph.D right? :lol: No it doesn't... but I find it truely sorry that I was able to conclude my own evidence in a few days over the opinions of two Ph.Ds who could not identify the severity of my condition what-so-ever. (I remember my urine sample was really dark, as dark as ive ever seen it, the doctor said "Hmm, you need to drink some more fluids son". And I wanted to say, "Well no **** doc, the human body cannot retain any fluids if intoxicated with nicotine poisoning". But anyway I wasn't worthy of an IV in their opinion... yet when it came down to it, I was probably one of the most viable patients in need of an IV.

If you begin to vomit and you taste an extremely bitter, disgusting taste, that may be a sign that your body is intoxicated with nicotine poisoning. If you think or know you have nicotine poisoning, your should seek medical attention immediately, and make sure you clarify specifically that you have nicotine poisoning... You will be treated differently.

However I did not seek any medical attention during my first sickness (which was much more severe than the second time and also from using analogs and e cigs in conjunction with eachother) for I thought it was only extreme food poisening that will pass in a few days. I stayed in bed, completely immobilized for 3 days and rested the next 5 days going to the doctors office once. When the nicotine poisioning symptoms went away, I immedieately got a horrible cold (lots of mucus in chest and head) that lasted for 3 weeks. The entire nicotine poisoning sickness DESTROYED my immune system. I then got a series of smaller/inferior chest colds or sinus colds.

I am now just getting my body back to 100% health. It has taken me 3 months to fully recover from what started out at Nicotine Poisoning.

It is now the end of March(30th), the initial sickness began in late December (25th). Yes, I got nicotine poisoning on Christmas Day. I missed all the holliday events including New Years, it was very disappointing... :wallbash:

Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power.

Edited by SickDripzz

Edit - I did seek medical attention (doctors office) after the 5-6th day of my first nicotine poisoning sickness.

Geez I really don't like how you can't edit your posts after a set amount of time... :X

Or edit the post title at all... Yes I spelled poisoning wrong... sigh... :thumbsdown:

Also, this was something that was not expected and I also had no knowledge about to begin with. This simply just happened to me and I had to deal with it as it presented itself.

Edited by SickDripzz

Edit - I did seek medical attention (doctors office) after the 5-6th day of my first nicotine poisoning sickness.

Geez I really don't like how you can't edit your posts after a set amount of time... :X

Or edit the post title at all... Yes I spelled poisoning wrong... sigh... :thumbsdown:

I haven't had that problem, but then I don't smoke an analog until I've not vaped in at least a half hour...and then I only make it thru a few drags cuz then I remember it tastes awful.

For the dehydration though.... If you run into that again, I'd say get some pedialite. That stuff rocks. It's not as fast as an IV of course, but it WILL hydrate you much better than water will.

I get dizzy after a few drags of an analog, and if I vape too much.... If I do, that's a sure sign to stop, to me. I drink some water, maybe suck on a peppermint or butterscotch candy. If I really feel I gotta vape then I pull out the 0 nic and vape all I want.

Even without nicotine poisoning though, you need to keep drinking water.

I haven't had that problem, but then I don't smoke an analog until I've not vaped in at least a half hour...and then I only make it thru a few drags cuz then I remember it tastes awful.

For the dehydration though.... If you run into that again, I'd say get some pedialite. That stuff rocks. It's not as fast as an IV of course, but it WILL hydrate you much better than water will.

I get dizzy after a few drags of an analog, and if I vape too much.... If I do, that's a sure sign to stop, to me. I drink some water, maybe suck on a peppermint or butterscotch candy. If I really feel I gotta vape then I pull out the 0 nic and vape all I want.

Even without nicotine poisoning though, you need to keep drinking water.

This was a dehydration unlike anything I have ever experienced before. I was a high school athlete playing football and baseball my entire four years and I also played baseball in college at HSU, so I know how to maintain my fluids properly. I hardly ever get dehydrated in general; I smoke weed daily so I do make sure my bodily fluids are always cycling.

The doc actually recommended for me to buy some Pedialite or Pediasure, I almost laughed in his face at the thought of drinking baby juice. But the factual background of the pedialite is superior to that of any sport drink or water how you said. The reason why I was using analogs and my e cig together was because I was still in my transitional phase of quitting smoking cigarettes. I was smoking a few analogs then vaping a little, more analogs; rinse and repeat for the first few days... That **** nearly killed me... bah :no

Wow!! So sorry you had to go through that.

There are warnings on nicotine patchs and other cessation devices that warn not to smoke when using them. Could cause an overdose of nicotine. It would seem that cigarettes give you all the nicotine you can handle then to add more would be dangerous.

Wow!! So sorry you had to go through that.

There are warnings on nicotine patchs and other cessation devices that warn not to smoke when using them. Could cause an overdose of nicotine. It would seem that cigarettes give you all the nicotine you can handle then to add more would be dangerous.

I guess I missed the warnings on products I wasn't using... lol

Maybe there are warnings regarding the use of electronic cigarettes and analogs together... I guess I missed those too. I haven't really found anything specifically relating to the use of e cigs and analogs in conjunction with one another. Maybe becuase e cigs are so new, there are hardly any cases in this manner... So I guess you can just learn from me, the easy way... since I learned the hard way.

In my honest opinion, I felt I was ill-advised of any kind of toxious harm towrds the body in relation to Electronic Cigarettes. I really had to start digging stuff up on the web to get the anwers I was looking for. Seems like warnings should be blatantly displayed and easily accessable by the public. I felt this was not the case.

Also, when I purchased my first Electronic Cigarette from Smoking Everywhere at a kiosk in the mall, I talked with the vendor for at least a half hour about all kinds of e cig related stuff. Health issues was one of my main focal points of the conversation, and absolutely nothing was directed by him towards toxious bodily harm or the possibility of nicotine poisoning. Yes that guy was a shmuck and was also not very educated when it came to the Electronic Cigarette industry in general. Everything I have learned about Electronic Cigarettes have been self sought and with the help of you fellow vapers here at Vapor Talk.

I guess I missed the warnings on products I wasn't using... lol

Maybe there are warnings regarding the use of electronic cigarettes and analogs together... I guess I missed those too. I haven't really found anything specifically relating to the use of e cigs and analogs in conjunction with one another. Maybe becuase e cigs are so new, there are hardly any cases in this manner... So I guess you can just learn from me, the easy way... since I learned the hard way.

In my honest opinion, I felt I was ill-advised of any kind of toxious harm towrds the body in relation to Electronic Cigarettes. I really had to start digging stuff up on the web to get the anwers I was looking for. Seems like warnings should be blatantly displayed and easily accessable by the public. I felt this was not the case.

Also, when I purchased my first Electronic Cigarette from Smoking Everywhere at a kiosk in the mall, I talked with the vendor for at least a half hour about all kinds of e cig related stuff. Health issues was one of my main focal points of the conversation, and absolutely nothing was directed by him towards toxious bodily harm or the possibility of nicotine poisoning. Yes that guy was a shmuck and was also not very educated when it came to the Electronic Cigarette industry in general. Everything I have learned about Electronic Cigarettes have been self sought and with the help of you fellow vapers here at Vapor Talk.

Well to give the mall guy credit I've not seen a lot about that problem anywhere, including here where we often discuss all the health benefits and dangers. Most people I've talked to that did both during transition had no problems and certainly nothing like you've described.

You may be more sensitive to it than average. It's a good reminder to us all that nicotine is NOT completely harmless, just like a lot of things, too much can kill ya.

Well to give the mall guy credit I've not seen a lot about that problem anywhere, including here where we often discuss all the health benefits and dangers. Most people I've talked to that did both during transition had no problems and certainly nothing like you've described.

You may be more sensitive to it than average. It's a good reminder to us all that nicotine is NOT completely harmless, just like a lot of things, too much can kill ya.

I very well could be sensitive to nicotine without fully knowing it... I have never experienced anything like this in the 5 years I have been consuming nicotine. I understand many of you here are on your 15-20+ years of nicotine consumption... those exposure levels between me and some of you differ greatly; that could be all the difference right there. I just think the potential risk of nicotine poisoning (any risks for that matter), when using analogs and e cigs in conjunction with eachother, should be known by users before they ever get their hands dirty. Otherwise you might get your hands all bloody like mine... I could have died... I suffered an uncontrollable seizure which stopped my breathing for about 10 seconds, which left me laying there on my side foaming at the mouth. Anything capable of severe health problems like that should be known by its users whether you(community) agree with it or not. That is what I believe and that is how I will pursue my cause.

I just really feel that many people just don't know that it is potentially hazardous to your health to smoke analogs and vape and e cig together.

That is all I want to get accross to the community.

Edited by SickDripzz

I very well could be sensitive to nicotine without fully knowing it... I have never experienced anything like this in the 5 years I have been consuming nicotine. I understand many of you here are on your 15-20+ years of nicotine consumption... those exposure levels between me and some of you differ greatly; that could be all the difference right there. I just think the potential risk of nicotine poisoning (any risks for that matter), when using analogs and e cigs in conjunction with eachother, should be known by users before they ever get their hands dirty. Otherwise you might get your hands all bloody like mine... I could have died... I suffered an uncontrollable seizure which stopped my breathing for about 10 seconds, which left me laying there on my side foaming at the mouth. Anything capable of severe health problems like that should be known by its users whether you(community) agree with it or not. That is what I believe and that is how I will pursue my cause.

I just really feel that many people just don't know that it is potentially hazardous to your health to smoke analogs and vape and e cig together.

That is all I want to get accross to the community.

Yes. I assumed it would be dangerous because smoking and wearing the patch together are dangerous.

And you cannot just take off the patch and have a cig either, because it takes time for that nicotine to work thru your system. Nicotine doesn't live in your system LONG but if you overdose on it it doesn't HAVE to be long, does it?

Yes. I assumed it would be dangerous because smoking and wearing the patch together are dangerous.

And you cannot just take off the patch and have a cig either, because it takes time for that nicotine to work thru your system. Nicotine doesn't live in your system LONG but if you overdose on it it doesn't HAVE to be long, does it?

That is how I understand it too. Kinda the double whammy o' nicotine. There are sooooo many threads that discuss the dangers of nicotine. Even on this forum there is a thread about getting nic on your skin and the adverse reactions it can produce.

This is an extremely unfortunate incident of nicotine poisoning and no one deserves to go through this. Reminds us all to do the necessary research.

~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of research, all this being said from the start of this thread I would presume that those dang FDA research people will add this to their campaign as just one more reason to ban. Gosh I can almost see the headline now! A little fuel on the fire, as they say.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, since no one else has asked, I'd like details of your conclusion. What convinced you that it's nic poisoning? With the fast 1/2 life of nic, I figured if you got sick from to much nic (and I have done that a few times in my life), you'd just feel like crap for a little while (1/2 hour or so). I'm really interested in you conclusion. I've smoked myself sick (due to stress) and also have vaped myself sick (due to trying to figure out atty problem). I always just feel like crap, get cold sweat, jitters, maybe some heart flutters... puke and I'm good to go.

Well, since no one else has asked, I'd like details of your conclusion. What convinced you that it's nic poisoning? With the fast 1/2 life of nic, I figured if you got sick from to much nic (and I have done that a few times in my life), you'd just feel like crap for a little while (1/2 hour or so). I'm really interested in you conclusion. I've smoked myself sick (due to stress) and also have vaped myself sick (due to trying to figure out atty problem). I always just feel like crap, get cold sweat, jitters, maybe some heart flutters... puke and I'm good to go.

Thank you for your interest :)

Smoking cigarettes in conjunction with vaping Electronic Cigarettes can cause a nicotine overdose, for cigarettes already have a considerably high amount of nicotine in them. Ingestion of too many cigarettes or too much vaping alone can cause an overdose as well.

I did about a weeks worth (150+ hours) of initial study on nicotine poisoning and food poisoning shortly after the severity of my sickness died off. Since then I have been only educating myself further in this subject.

First off, vomiting when induced with nicotine poisoning can create an extremely bitter and unpleasant taste in your mouth, something more unique to nicotine poisoning than not. Other chemicals/toxins can cause similar effects but this is a commonly found symptom in nicotine poisoning. Nausia comes hand in hand with the vomiting, which can be felt at substancial degrees.

Nicotine poisoning has the ability to send the body into a moderate to severe epileptic seizure. I experienced the first noticable seizure of any kind in my life while intoxicated with nicotine poisoning, which I would classify as severe. It was the first day, I remember I was standing over the sink vomiting, shaking uncontrollably, then my breathing began to seriously flutter, causing me to slightly panic and flee the room immediately, bringing me down a short hall into a room I hardly ever enter, where I lost complete control of my body, falling to my knees, collapsing to the ground unable resist, where I began to start foaming at the mouth. Luckily my girlfriend was there to help me and roll me onto my side (so all the foam/saliva could drain from my mouth), without her (if I were alone), I do believe the severity of this case would have been greatly amplified... hcaorppa no saw htaeD... :iiam:

The difficulty in breathing is notorious with nicotine poisoning. Feeling as if you were going to pass out then snap back into it constantly... It could be explained as gasping for air and not getting any, only contracting your throat and lungs. This goes hand in hand with the vomiting. Also, severe coldsweats come with the breathing difficulties. I experienced more coldsweats while vomiting/diarrhea than when trying to rest. I have experienced many coldsweats throughout my life(all drug related) and the coldsweats that I got from nicotine poioning topped them all. Coldsweats at these levels usually cause the body to sporadically change body temperatures. One moment you will be pouring sweat, feeling like the sun is going to burn you alive, then suddenly a serious drop in body temperature can occur. This can be felt externally as well as internally.

Now here's for the gross part. The amount of diarrhea and vomit your body will produce is absolutely disgusting. It will go beyond the point of pure liquid diarrhea, your body will reject any kind of fluids that are being entered when the nicotine poisoning is fresh (first 4 days). Your body will most likely rid itself of all fluids at this point, meaning any food and waste will come out too. This means you will be vomiting and diahhreaing until it is nothing but liquid, then you will experience those two simutaniously, many of the times it being projectile like. I was unaware that you are not to induce vomiting while intoxicated with nicotine poisoning. I was doing this often and also drinking lots of fluids. You are not supossed to eat or drink ANYTHING while intoxicated with nicotine poisoning. I did not handle the situation correctly since my girlfirend and I misdiagnosed myself initially. The first day, I was vomiting/diarrhea for 8 hours straight NO BREAKS INBETWEEN. Severe cases of nicotine poisoning, like myself, are relentless and cruel, not stopping to recover or feel better, how I said nicotine poisoning has been described as one of the worst short lived sicknesses.

Severe stomach pains will be felt in the stomach and small intestine. I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis by the doctor, which is inflamation of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenteritis is a cause of acute diarrhea, explained above ^^. Gastroenteritis is usually caused (50%) by food bourne illness but can also be caused by an ample amount of a toxin running through the body.

During this entire sickness, you will find yourself running at appx 25% physical energy, the fatigue will set in. I could barely walk up and down my stairs, I moved as little as possible. It was also extremely uncomfortable to lay in bed, there was no comfortable position for me, the body is in constant aching pain... (I have a nice bed too). I constantly felt extremely fatigued no matter what I did.

The mental clarity of the mind is altered when intoxicated with nicotine poisoning. I felt some what delerious (nothing too bad) also, I couldn't focus, had a serious lack of attention, and sometimes I would talk about something that really made no sense at all.

So with some research, all of these symptoms are commonly found in nicotine poisoning, which is different from the rest of the sicknesses out there. Nothing is quite like nicotine poisoning, the only comparable subjects being extreme cases of food poisoning or a similar intoxication of a similar chemical/toxin.

Speaking with other nicotine poisoning victims helped me justify my cause even further. Basically at that point, all of my conditions were validated. Everything I explained here was commonly found in other nicotine poisoning victims, some of them properly diagnosed and some not like myself. Of course these are not all of the details... but I am not going to walk you guys through everything :X

Facts about nicotine poisoning:

-Causes an extremely bitter, unpleasant taste in the mouth (somewhat unique)

-Lasts 5-10 days

-Moderate to severe seizures

-Considerable breathing difficulty

-Critical body temperature fluctuation along with severe coldsweats

-Causes extreme nausia, vomiting, and diarrhea (Gastroenteritis is a part of this)

-Extreme fatigue and constant painful body aches (can cause delerium)

-This sickness can be identified as something greater than the traditional stomach flu or food poisoning.

To fully conclude my theories, the second time I experienced these symptoms was when I first got my TW Tornado and I vaped about 30 drops of 5 different 24mg juices in less than an hour... I was then able to link my evidence together and conclude my thoughts. The second nicotine poisoning experience was much less severe than the first time. I only threw up for about an hour (tasted that extremely bitter disgusting taste, "A RED FLAG") and experienced minor fluctuations in body temperature. Other than that, there was not much else to document, but I was able to immediately identify the cause. Many of you may have felt something closer to this experience here? Maybe not, but my first case of nicotine poisoning was most definitely severe.

Ask some specific questions if you want more details on this subject.

Edited by SickDripzz

That is how I understand it too. Kinda the double whammy o' nicotine. There are sooooo many threads that discuss the dangers of nicotine. Even on this forum there is a thread about getting nic on your skin and the adverse reactions it can produce.

This is an extremely unfortunate incident of nicotine poisoning and no one deserves to go through this. Reminds us all to do the necessary research.

~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of research, all this being said from the start of this thread I would presume that those dang FDA research people will add this to their campaign as just one more reason to ban. Gosh I can almost see the headline now! A little fuel on the fire, as they say.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well if that is that case, I am ready to combat it. The baisc theory behind my cannons would be without the existence of cigarettes this problem would have never occured, which could be taken in all kinds of defensive directions.

And I really hope people aren't viewing this thread with a negative outlook in regards to something like that... :(

Edited by SickDripzz

Well I just try to be a little cautious with information that can be used against my vaping pleasure.

Now you have me thinking about overdose and I would like to clarify all of the symptoms:

Breathing trouble

Changes in alertness

Confusion

Convulsions

Diarrhea

Dizziness

Fever

Hallucinations

Increased thirst

Irregular heartbeat

Muscle twitching

Rapid heartbeat

Sleeping trouble

Urination - increased

Vomiting

Thank you

Edited by Vacker1229

As TeriJo mentioned I would assume vaping and smoking analogs would be no different than using the patch, gum, or lozenges and smoking. It's actually pretty easy to get nicotine poisoning by combining them. All the nicotine replacements you can buy over the counter tell you to stop and wait something like a few hours before having a smoke. A friend of my fathers actually died from it. He was trying to quit but was smoking and using the patch at the same time. He ended up with nicotine poisoning and then had an Aneurysm which killed him. Aneurysms and strokes are also side effects from extreme nicotine poisoning.

Be very, very careful if your mixing smoking and vaping. Especially folks using the 18-36mg eliquids.

Thank you for your interest :)

Smoking cigarettes in conjunction with vaping Electronic Cigarettes can cause a nicotine overdose, for cigarettes already have a considerably high amount of nicotine in them. Ingestion of too many cigarettes or too much vaping alone can cause an overdose as well.

I did about a weeks worth (150+ hours) of initial study on nicotine poisoning and food poisoning shortly after the severity of my sickness died off. Since then I have been only educating myself further in this subject.

First off, vomiting when induced with nicotine poisoning can create an extremely bitter and unpleasant taste in your mouth, something more unique to nicotine poisoning than not. Other chemicals/toxins can cause similar effects but this is a commonly found symptom in nicotine poisoning. Nausia comes hand in hand with the vomiting, which can be felt at substancial degrees.

Nicotine poisoning has the ability to send the body into a moderate to severe epileptic seizure. I experienced the first noticable seizure of any kind in my life while intoxicated with nicotine poisoning, which I would classify as severe. It was the first day, I remember I was standing over the sink vomiting, shaking uncontrollably, then my breathing began to seriously flutter, causing me to slightly panic and flee the room immediately, bringing me down a short hall into a room I hardly ever enter, where I lost complete control of my body, falling to my knees, collapsing to the ground unable resist, where I began to start foaming at the mouth. Luckily my girlfriend was there to help me and roll me onto my side (so all the foam/saliva could drain from my mouth), without her (if I were alone), I do believe the severity of this case would have been greatly amplified... hcaorppa no saw htaeD... :iiam:

The difficulty in breathing is notorious with nicotine poisoning. Feeling as if you were going to pass out then snap back into it constantly... It could be explained as gasping for air and not getting any, only contracting your throat and lungs. This goes hand in hand with the vomiting. Also, severe coldsweats come with the breathing difficulties. I experienced more coldsweats while vomiting/diarrhea than when trying to rest. I have experienced many coldsweats throughout my life(all drug related) and the coldsweats that I got from nicotine poioning topped them all. Coldsweats at these levels usually cause the body to sporadically change body temperatures. One moment you will be pouring sweat, feeling like the sun is going to burn you alive, then suddenly a serious drop in body temperature can occur. This can be felt externally as well as internally.

Now here's for the gross part. The amount of diarrhea and vomit your body will produce is absolutely disgusting. It will go beyond the point of pure liquid diarrhea, your body will reject any kind of fluids that are being entered when the nicotine poisoning is fresh (first 4 days). Your body will most likely rid itself of all fluids at this point, meaning any food and waste will come out too. This means you will be vomiting and diahhreaing until it is nothing but liquid, then you will experience those two simutaniously, many of the times it being projectile like. I was unaware that you are not to induce vomiting while intoxicated with nicotine poisoning. I was doing this often and also drinking lots of fluids. You are not supossed to eat or drink ANYTHING while intoxicated with nicotine poisoning. I did not handle the situation correctly since my girlfirend and I misdiagnosed myself initially. The first day, I was vomiting/diarrhea for 8 hours straight NO BREAKS INBETWEEN. Severe cases of nicotine poisoning, like myself, are relentless and cruel, not stopping to recover or feel better, how I said nicotine poisoning has been described as one of the worst short lived sicknesses.

Severe stomach pains will be felt in the stomach and small intestine. I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis by the doctor, which is inflamation of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenteritis is a cause of acute diarrhea, explained above ^^. Gastroenteritis is usually caused (50%) by food bourne illness but can also be caused by an ample amount of a toxin running through the body.

During this entire sickness, you will find yourself running at appx 25% physical energy, the fatigue will set in. I could barely walk up and down my stairs, I moved as little as possible. It was also extremely uncomfortable to lay in bed, there was no comfortable position for me, the body is in constant aching pain... (I have a nice bed too). I constantly felt extremely fatigued no matter what I did.

The mental clarity of the mind is altered when intoxicated with nicotine poisoning. I felt some what delerious (nothing too bad) also, I couldn't focus, had a serious lack of attention, and sometimes I would talk about something that really made no sense at all.

So with some research, all of these symptoms are commonly found in nicotine poisoning, which is different from the rest of the sicknesses out there. Nothing is quite like nicotine poisoning, the only comparable subjects being extreme cases of food poisoning or a similar intoxication of a similar chemical/toxin.

Speaking with other nicotine poisoning victims helped me justify my cause even further. Basically at that point, all of my conditions were validated. Everything I explained here was commonly found in other nicotine poisoning victims, some of them properly diagnosed and some not like myself. Of course these are not all of the details... but I am not going to walk you guys through everything :X

Facts about nicotine poisoning:

-Causes an extremely bitter, unpleasant taste in the mouth (somewhat unique)

-Lasts 5-10 days

-Moderate to severe seizures

-Considerable breathing difficulty

-Critical body temperature fluctuation along with severe coldsweats

-Causes extreme nausia, vomiting, and diarrhea (Gastroenteritis is a part of this)

-Extreme fatigue and constant painful body aches (can cause delerium)

-This sickness can be identified as something greater than the traditional stomach flu or food poisoning.

To fully conclude my theories, the second time I experienced these symptoms was when I first got my TW Tornado and I vaped about 30 drops of 5 different 24mg juices in less than an hour... I was then able to link my evidence together and conclude my thoughts. The second nicotine poisoning experience was much less severe than the first time. I only threw up for about an hour (tasted that extremely bitter disgusting taste, "A RED FLAG") and experienced minor fluctuations in body temperature. Other than that, there was not much else to document, but I was able to immediately identify the cause. Many of you may have felt something closer to this experience here? Maybe not, but my first case of nicotine poisoning was most definitely severe.

Ask some specific questions if you want more details on this subject.

lol@whoever gave me neg rep for this... How do you really have the nerve to put someone down after trying to explain a personal severe illness that may effect you? Yeah, thanks. (Don't get the idea I'm getting butt hurt over this whole reputation thing, it's simply the princliples behind the matter.) If you really feel your life would have been better off without reading this, more power to you, my intent was only to try and help you out. If I am truely out of place here, someone please correct me.

Edited by SickDripzz

• 3 years later...

I don't know what a Ph.D. was doing seeing patients, but they certainly weren't wrong. You probably saw an MD (Medical Doctor) rather than a Ph.D. You did have gastroenteritis. What caused that gastroenteritis is anyone's guess. However, if you did not tell the doctor that you had been sucking on poison in recent days, they have no way of knowing that you have "nicotine poisoning." Still, you likely did not have nicotine poisoning because that condition is an acute condition in which the symptoms typically subside and the patient stabilize in ~4 hours. If you had nicotine poisoning, you would have been experiencing ataxia, tachycardia, hypertension, etc., all of which the worst medical doctor in Ethiopia would have caught.

People, when you go see a doctor, you are not just seeing that doctor so that s/he can assess your symptoms with some magical algorithm - you are seeking objectivity, experience and judgement. When you go to WebMD and start typing in symptoms, you are in no position to assess your condition properly. Get off of WebMD, go to iTunesU, and watch some biology lectures. An understanding of science should start there.

• 4 months later...

I was told after having issues w the patch, it takes 3/days for the level of nicotine to build to the danger point (for most) and 3-5 days after the patch was removed for the levels to drop, however once the tachycardia an sickness began it could take longer for the side affects or reaction to stop.

The mineral imbalances in the muscles from dehydration etc, so I can see how a week of feeling horrible would be true.

Mine was from the patch and cigarettes (light 100's) I would not want to deal w what you went thru.

I was monitored after by medical drs in the hospital.

I was told after having issues w the patch, it takes 3/days for the level of nicotine to build to the danger point (for most) and 3-5 days after the patch was removed for the levels to drop, however once the tachycardia an sickness began it could take longer for the side affects or reaction to stop.

The mineral imbalances in the muscles from dehydration etc, so I can see how a week of feeling horrible would be true.

Mine was from the patch and cigarettes (light 100's) I would not want to deal w what you went thru.

I was monitored after by medical drs in the hospital.

With the patch it absorbs into your skin and slowly leaches into your body. So even after you take it off its still leaking into you. I just thought since it's absorbing through your lungs it would not slowly leach into your body. When I swallowed chewing tobacco when I was a kid I got really sick really fast and it only lasted about twenty minutes. That's what I based my comment on.