Nicotine Poisening

I experienced this once when 24mg wasn't working, back when cigalikes were all we had to vape with. Did some 36 mg and it hit hard and fast. I only did a few draws and it lasted a few hours, but I learned to stick it out with 24mg really quick.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd add to this post, in case anyone is still following.

I'm really sensitive to nic, since I've been smoking 0.1 mg/cig analogs for many years. I just started vaping a few days ago, at a 6mg/ml dose. WAY too much. Fortunately, I've had nicotine overdoses in the past, when I've had to buy a higher dose cigarette and then forgot and smoked as usual.

The first symptom I always get is a skull-splitting headache and rapid pulse. Then the nausea, blurred vision, and lightheadedness set in if I don't stop.

Dumb me kept vaping, and I ended up having to Vape 0 nic for half a day to clear it all out. The half life for nic is about 2 hrs; so every 2 hours you clear another 50% or so out of your blood as long as you don't add anymore.

What I had was an overdose. Sounds like you darned near killed yourself. It doesn't surprise me that the Drs. didn't catch it. Cigarette smokers rarely overdose, and Medicine probably hasn't caught up with vaping, yet.

It's a good cautionary tale for us new Vapers.