Smokers Resistance

So ive had my vaporizer for a few weeks now and I think its a no brainer that these are better than cigs

I still find a lot of my friends I've shown that are smokers are really skeptical and say stuff like " I like smoking cigarettes " " were all gonna die. Somday " what gives here

When I was smoking I got so much flak from people that I really just did not want to hear any more.I know they all meant well but quitting smoking has to be something you want to do,when you are ready .Best thing is just be there to answer questions when they ask and talk about something less controversial like politics or religion.

Thats too funny. When I smoked and people harassed me I said "Well I gotta die of something" LOL. It was just my way of ending the convo, because I didn't want to talk about it. I knew I was stupid for smoking, I didn't need someone else to tell me.

Thats too funny. When I smoked and people harassed me I said "Well I gotta die of something" LOL. It was just my way of ending the convo, because I didn't want to talk about it. I knew I was stupid for smoking, I didn't need someone else to tell me.

Yup exactly, and they talk like they don't KNOW you know cigarettes are killing you. It's like they think you somehow MISSED the last ________ years of constant talk about it, not to mention the warnings on every pack of cigarettes.

I make jokes about how I now smoke a battery, and I can breathe. Sometimes I get asked for more info, and I give it. Whether they are scanning this site for info, I dunno, but this is where I send them. :)

I try not to be pushy, I crack my jokes and move on - but ya can't help braggin about being able to breathe and smell and taste LOL.

i had a co-worker ask about e-cigs as he was smoking an analog. his last response was well they don't know the long term affects of e-cigs, i replied that they do know the long term affects of analog cigarettes which left him speechless LOL!!

i had a co-worker ask about e-cigs as he was smoking an analog. his last response was well they don't know the long term affects of e-cigs, i replied that they do know the long term affects of analog cigarettes which left him speechless LOL!!

Yeah I hear ya. And Chantrix, and Wellbutrin, and and and...

It's interesting how we put all this crap in our bodies and then worry about OTHER crap getting in. It's like drinking drano and then worrying if the milk is spoiled.

That's the best reply to that criticism I've ever heard! thumbsup.gif

So ive had my vaporizer for a few weeks now and I think its a no brainer that these are better than cigs

I still find a lot of my friends I've shown that are smokers are really skeptical and say stuff like " I like smoking cigarettes " " were all gonna die. Somday " what gives here

I've had this experience frequently, and I have a theory. Want to hear it? :D a) e-cigs are 'unknown'--analogs are known; B) e-cigs look like smoking, which suggests it's no difference anyway; c) it's expensive to get started on e-cigs (I know, price of a carton of analogs--but that's a lot upfront for an unknown); d) complexity--e-cigs are very complex to use compared to analogs (or NRTs) and the path of least resistance wins.

Like anything else that purports to help smokers quit, the first and most important part to quitting is wanting to. Absent that, there's no traction whatever. Most smokers only want to quit as kind of background, 'someday,' kind of concept. E-cigs are an in-your-face commitment. I figure I've done my part if I've introduced the fact they're available and that many people find success this way. Some day they're going to want to or need to quit and with any luck they'll remember there are e-cig forums out there to help guide the way.

I've even done a demonstration with the chick that cuts my hair, let her try my VP2 and sent her home with lots of info. As I was getting my hair cut this weekend she said something like, "So you're still using your e-cig thing huh? My boyfriend and I are trying to quit too, we're using the patch." I just shrugged and wished her the best. There's no pushing a rope.

Edited by ddavelarsen

I've had this experience frequently, and I have a theory. Want to hear it? :D a) e-cigs are 'unknown'--analogs are known; B) e-cigs look like smoking, which suggests it's no difference anyway; c) it's expensive to get started on e-cigs (I know, price of a carton of analogs--but that's a lot upfront for an unknown); d) complexity--e-cigs are very complex to use compared to analogs (or NRTs) and the path of least resistance wins.

Like anything else that purports to help smokers quit, the first and most important part to quitting is wanting to. Absent that, there's no traction whatever. Most smokers only want to quit as kind of background, 'someday,' kind of concept. E-cigs are an in-your-face commitment. I figure I've done my part if I've introduced the fact they're available and that many people find success this way. Some day they're going to want to or need to quit and with any luck they'll remember there are e-cig forums out there to help guide the way.

I've even done a demonstration with the chick that cuts my hair, let her try my VP2 and sent her home with lots of info. As I was getting my hair cut this weekend she said something like, "So you're still using your e-cig thing huh? My boyfriend and I are trying to quit too, we're using the patch." I just shrugged and wished her the best. There's no pushing a rope.

Don't get that one "pushing a rope", but I get what you mean. LOL Maybe next haircut she'll say..hey I finally tried them ecigs

Don't get that one "pushing a rope", but I get what you mean. LOL Maybe next haircut she'll say..hey I finally tried them ecigs

I figure I've done my part. Maybe someday they'll decide the really don't want to smoke and give a working alternative a try. You never heard of 'pushing a rope'? That's always been one of my favorite ways of saying, You can lead a horse to water...

I figure I've done my part. Maybe someday they'll decide the really don't want to smoke and give a working alternative a try. You never heard of 'pushing a rope'? That's always been one of my favorite ways of saying, You can lead a horse to water...

Yeah the lead a horse to water I have heard. never heard about pushin a rope. You can push a rope all over the place, specially if it is hangin...just don't do nuttin lmao

Yeah the lead a horse to water I have heard. never heard about pushin a rope. You can push a rope all over the place, specially if it is hangin...just don't do nuttin lmao

Let me try to make this easy for you Dave------Hey Teri, ever try to shoot pool using a rope? :whistle:

Let me try to make this easy for you Dave------Hey Teri, ever try to shoot pool using a rope? :whistle:

Well - that's using the rope as a pushing TOOL. So there. LOL. I was mostly just indicating that I'd not heard that saying before. I'm sure to steal it though, if only to make people make a confused face like I did LOL.

You also can't play pool with spaghetti, even if it is uncooked, though I don't know why you'd want to use a rope OR spaghetti. Kinda hard to chalk too.

Well - that's using the rope as a pushing TOOL. So there. LOL. I was mostly just indicating that I'd not heard that saying before. I'm sure to steal it though, if only to make people make a confused face like I did LOL.

You also can't play pool with spaghetti, even if it is uncooked, though I don't know why you'd want to use a rope OR spaghetti. Kinda hard to chalk too.

Not to fly too far off topic or anything, but playing pool with spaghetti conjures all kinds of odd ideas; cooked or not. devil.gif

Me to smoker: "You can't play pool with spaghetti." Smoker: "unsure.gif ... Well I'm not buying one of those Chinese contraptions! Just a wasta money! How you know it's not gonna kill you? Is it FDA Approved? Looks like smoking to me, who you trying to kid? I whutn' born yesterday!"

Thanks Mark, I think that did the trick. But you saw where Teri took that right? I dunno man, most days I should have just stayed in bed; I'm not smart enough to keep up with all these new concepts. :)

Not to fly too far off topic or anything, but playing pool with spaghetti conjures all kinds of odd ideas; cooked or not. devil.gif

Me to smoker: "You can't play pool with spaghetti." Smoker: "unsure.gif ... Well I'm not buying one of those Chinese contraptions! Just a wasta money! How you know it's not gonna kill you? Is it FDA Approved? Looks like smoking to me, who you trying to kid? I whutn' born yesterday!"

Me whudn't borned yestiday neither .... nope... was at least a week ago!!

Owned.

I feel as if sometimes you have to "push the rope" with Electronic Cigarettes. Exactly how you said, they are an "unknown". If somebody lacks the education of the subject matter, then of course they will turn a blind eye. But how you said, you supplied your hair cut lady with plenty of information, yet she still rejected your offer. Well I have partially concluded that some people may have the factual background of the subject matter but simply lack the motivation to follow through with the whole idea. How you explained E cigs as the "unknown", I believe that to be the perfect word to describe Electronic Cigarettes. To step into the realm of the unknown, one is most likey to not do it alone when hesitant (not necessarily two people going in together... but aiding in such a manner how the information is presented). That is why I feel some serious encouragement/motivation should be implied when speaking of Electronic Cigarettes and how they can effect you personally and society as a whole. Electronic Cigarettes are much more than just a vaping device, it is a change in lifestyle to be stated in the most general terms. To sum things up here, some people just need that "extra push" and when it comes to Electrinic Cigarettes, some people need that much more of a push. And of course you can't get everyone to believe in what you believe in, but I'm just talking about stepping things up a notch here. This is what I have determined from personal experience leading my thoughts to conclude in this manner.

Edited by SickDripzz

Well, I did briefly consider drop-kicking them both into tomorrow... Does that count? :D Actually you have a point, it's just not my nature to push people. I'd make a terrible car salesman. Or salesman of any stripe actually.

Well, I did briefly consider drop-kicking them both into tomorrow... Does that count? :D Actually you have a point, it's just not my nature to push people. I'd make a terrible car salesman. Or salesman of any stripe actually.

Haha! 2 people = 10 pts, drop kick = 15 pts, tomorrow = X2 multiplier, GRAND TOTAL = 50 pts!! Not bad Dave wanna save that high score? Haha :lol: I'm getting carried away here but you explained exactly where our personalities differ. I most definitely would be more inclined to push someone towards what it is I am after, but really not in such an aggressive way which seems to be displayed here :X . But I try to base a lot of my words with impact and if I feel that person has what it takes I will choose to pursue it or back off. I've sold about 20 people on Electronic Cigarettes in the short 2.5 months I've been using them.

And yes, that makes me a good car salesman :smoke:.

Edited by SickDripzz

I'm not pushy about my PV... but when I go out for the evening I normally take four Kr8s with different color cartomizers and flavors and put them in a rocks glass on my table. Anyone is welcome to come over and try one! I've been doing this for around four months now.

I also keep a couple of disposable kits with me and a few new bottles of liquid (tobacco and menthol flavors.) If someone shows interest I tell them I have a disposable kit they can buy to try it if they would like. I charge what I paid for them... no profit... just a service.

I have 'sold' over two dozen kits at this point. Almost all of my smoking friends have PVs as well now. Some have quit smoking completely. Some still smoke some. Only two have given up on PVs and are back to cigarettes only.

I have one friend who wouldn't even try my PV when he first saw it almost five months ago. He scoffed at it and teased me about it. Last night while I was out he came over and sat down and before he even said 'Hello' he asked what flavors I had brought and tested each one in turn and gave me his opinion! I'm pretty sure that he will eventually get one himself.

Some people just need more time than others. And some need more help. And some will probably never take to it. But I'm going to do my part to spread the word!

:thumbsup:

@Guineahill: How you said, "Some people just need more time than others. And some need more help. And some will probably never take to it. But I'm going to do my part to spread the word!" that is a very well rounded display of thought. This sounds like the basic principles behind my motivation, and everyone handles their business differently.

Many people will naturally turn a blind eye to Electronic Cigarettes, thinking they are "bad" because they have nicotine and your body is relying off a substance (or for whatever similar reasons). This is a very generalized statement but suprisingly many individuals fall into this category. I feel it is my job to pull some of these people out of the darkness and truely enlighten them on the reality of Electronic Cigarettes and their monumental bennefits.

Many people will naturally turn a blind eye to Electronic Cigarettes, thinking they are "bad" because they have nicotine and your body is relying off a substance (or for whatever similar reasons). This is a very generalized statement but suprisingly many individuals fall into this category. I feel it is my job to pull some of these people out of the darkness and truely enlighten them on the reality of Electronic Cigarettes and their monumental bennefits.

I agree... and thus, dispelling some of the myths and hearsay should be of primary importance to all of us! Whether someone wants to try them or thinks they are silly doesn't really matter. If they think they are worse than or as bad as cigarettes that is another thing entirely! I believe that we should all try to defend our position when it comes to our health and we should try to calmly, rationally, and logically inform those who are ignorant of the truth regarding PVs. In short they are a life saver!

I'm not pushy about my PV... but when I go out for the evening I normally take four Kr8s with different color cartomizers and flavors and put them in a rocks glass on my table. Anyone is welcome to come over and try one! I've been doing this for around four months now.

I also keep a couple of disposable kits with me and a few new bottles of liquid (tobacco and menthol flavors.) If someone shows interest I tell them I have a disposable kit they can buy to try it if they would like. I charge what I paid for them... no profit... just a service.

I have 'sold' over two dozen kits at this point. Almost all of my smoking friends have PVs as well now. Some have quit smoking completely. Some still smoke some. Only two have given up on PVs and are back to cigarettes only.

I have one friend who wouldn't even try my PV when he first saw it almost five months ago. He scoffed at it and teased me about it. Last night while I was out he came over and sat down and before he even said 'Hello' he asked what flavors I had brought and tested each one in turn and gave me his opinion! I'm pretty sure that he will eventually get one himself.

Some people just need more time than others. And some need more help. And some will probably never take to it. But I'm going to do my part to spread the word!

:thumbsup:

Way to go Guineahill! thumbsup.gif

My smoking friend saw it for the first time , he laughed and said I had fallen for the marketing and that if I thought I had cut down my smoking it was only in my head . I told him it wasn't smoke its just vapor, then said it can't be good inhaling all that vapor , then said he couldn't walk around the jobsite with one of those things ,he'd be a laughing stock .