Smokers Resistance

My smoking friend saw it for the first time , he laughed and said I had fallen for the marketing and that if I thought I had cut down my smoking it was only in my head . I told him it wasn't smoke its just vapor, then said it can't be good inhaling all that vapor , then said he couldn't walk around the jobsite with one of those things ,he'd be a laughing stock .

Sounds like your buddy doesn't have much self esteem or knowledge about e cigs... lol

Vapor being tar free compared to smoke which is littered with tar... that's a beginning right there.

It's not even so much that you need to cut back on consumption, it's all about regulating your bodies health.

I didn't know a good response to that so I laughed it off ,but I was fairly annoyed ,

I'm not an idiot but my friend tried to make me feel like one . I was only trying to show my friend that there is another potentially healthier choice other than smoking cigs .

I wasn't pushing anything on anyone , in fact I ran into him on the street quite randomly , he made a joke because I had my device with me (... what you can't leave the house without that thing ...) .

I felt a bit like id entered into an arguement with a Christian about religion , that the conversation would be circular and quite pointless .

Perhaps smoking really was invented as a form of population control or as a way of weeding out the people with a low IQ .

To continue to smoke cigs after you've been shown that an alternative to smoking smoke has been invented one that could allow you to live many more years is just plain dumb .

Im beginning to believe that smoking is a desease that prays on depressed people . To say that " were all gonna die someday " is such a depressing world view .

Look closely at a person who is a smoker and you will see the hallmarks of depression .

Many people really fear the unknown. Sounds like your "friend" -- if you want to call him that -- might fall into that category. People who denigrate others really get under my skin. A good comeback to "it can't be good inhaling all that vapor" might be "you know it's not good inhaling all that smoke."

I didn't know a good response to that so I laughed it off ,but I was fairly annoyed ,

I'm not an idiot but my friend tried to make me feel like one . I was only trying to show my friend that there is another potentially healthier choice other than smoking cigs .

I wasn't pushing anything on anyone , in fact I ran into him on the street quite randomly , he made a joke because I had my device with me (... what you can't leave the house without that thing ...) .

I felt a bit like id entered into an arguement with a Christian about religion , that the conversation would be circular and quite pointless .

Perhaps smoking really was invented as a form of population control or as a way of weeding out the people with a low IQ .

To continue to smoke cigs after you've been shown that an alternative to smoking smoke has been invented one that could allow you to live many more years is just plain dumb .

Im beginning to believe that smoking is a desease that prays on depressed people . To say that " were all gonna die someday " is such a depressing world view .

Look closely at a person who is a smoker and you will see the hallmarks of depression .

Well, actually that attitude is more fatalistic than depressed, if you wanna get technical. Fatalism is more accepting that "**** happens" than getting depressed about it.

But as to "can't leave the house without it" I'da just said that it's replaced the cigarettes you couldn't leave the house without.

Some folks can't seem to feel good about themselves unless they make someone feel like they are LESS. I've never understood it, but it sounds like he doesn't like himself very much.

It reminds me of grade school where the "bully" made fun of the folks who were in band, or choir or whatever because he had no skills of his own.

At any rate, I would probably have laughed it off and walked away too. He may grow up some day, but sounds like it won't be today!