Vapor Talk Song?

I had a long talk with John Hendrickson yesterday about the band. He wrote all the songs we play(so far). He gives all members of the band complete fredom to play how we want and if it fits that's fine. He would also be happy if I were to come up with an original song(s) to add to the list. I have lots of cool guitar riffs floting around in my head and tons of ideas to sing about but I would like some input from others...........Any replys to this thread may be used in a song performed by NOSTRAGARLIC or by the AlienAxeJammer and/or your name/avitar may apear on the album cover.................

I had a long talk with John Hendrickson yesterday about the band. He wrote all the songs we play(so far). He gives all members of the band complete fredom to play how we want and if it fits that's fine. He would also be happy if I were to come up with an original song(s) to add to the list. I have lots of cool guitar riffs floting around in my head and tons of ideas to sing about but I would like some input from others...........Any replys to this thread may be used in a song performed by NOSTRAGARLIC or by the AlienAxeJammer and/or your name/avitar may apear on the album cover.................

hmmm We should start a forum band! lol Im in the middle of doing some music for vapeTV :)

This isn't a contest and I'm not looking for lyrics. Just input or comments of any kind. I'm not the kind of guy that would bring attention to any one person, supplier, etc. and I may not be writing a song that has anything to do with vaping, smoking, health issues and so on. Furthermore I would never use someone's name or avitar if they didn't want me too, so don't be scared. I admit that I am way way out there and I mean what I said but don't take this too seriously! This is only a "fun" thread! (I have thick skin don't be araid to mess with me)

Would love to see it! I think your statement was... well, a statement. Don't think anyone really understands what you're asking for? Are you asking for ideas, suggestions??? Or are you just letting us know that you're working on a song? I had read your post earlier, but didn't really know what to say, which is why I didn't post a reply. I certainly thinkg it a great idea and I'm sure everyone here would appreciate your efforts on it. :thumbsup:

Would love to see it! I think your statement was... well, a statement. Don't think anyone really understands what you're asking for? Are you asking for ideas, suggestions??? Or are you just letting us know that you're working on a song? I had read your post earlier, but didn't really know what to say, which is why I didn't post a reply. I certainly thinkg it a great idea and I'm sure everyone here would appreciate your efforts on it. :thumbsup:

Actually, I thought I would get comments of any kind and mabey some one lineres, opinion on issues related to vaping, music, or whatever is on someone's mind at the time. Honestly, I almost ALWAYS post without no thought at all when I'm here. I rarely give much thought to anything I do as I'm doing something except when I'm working on someone's house, building, or other work related projects. Work is as tough to find here as it is world wide and my mind is out of control sometimes but I am just a regular guy and really looking for the first thing that pops in your head. (I'm not really an alien from space and I do think my band will take off like a rocket cuz I do have a "6th" sense which I demonstrated here at Vapor Talk many time, at least to myself) :alien:

Ok here's a couple lines for the song:

My darkest fear was realized as I smoked my last cigarette. The anxiety was almost too much to bear. But my anxiety of the unknown was quickly quenched with the first draw of a magnificent vapor.

I have no lines. Bad me.... but for you non-songwriters out there that want to add a line.. I have one word

RYTHYM. Like a poem.. or (shudders) rap.

However, even if it doesn't have rythym, the ideas can trigger ideas of lines that will fit. :)

It's hard to think up words for me without a tune. Back when I was gonna be the great american songwriter I used to mess with the guitar and record whatever i sang to it. Used a lot of cassettes back then LOL

Anyway, that's my whole 2 cents. Maybe 5 cents these days, with inflation! :hrhr:

I'm not looking for lyrics.

Ok here's a couple lines for the song:

Mike, I think a VT song is an awesome idea. I know it can be hard to define, but what style of music do you guys play?

On a side note, I'm not looking for anybody to send me money. :rolleyes2:

Mike, I think a VT song is an awesome idea. I know it can be hard to define, but what style of music do you guys play?

On a side note, I'm not looking for anybody to send me money. :rolleyes2:

K...you can sned Hammer's money to me!!! :lol:

Well I'm gonna post more lyrics just to spite SmokinHammer :lol:

Your golden beauty glistens in the sun

Your fragrence greats me in the morning

As I drip your essence in my atty

I am in Nirvana as I vape you

You are my love oh Sweet Dawn

Wow Jeff, your Sweet Dawn shows promise.

This is fun MIke! Wish I had input.. but will just read along and wait for the music to happen. :)

I'd have to write a Punk rock song at this time in my life. I'm still so angry at the tax man for robbing us so blind we couldn't spend any money elsewhere to help stimulate the economy. (analog taxes). I'm still furious with town officials and business owners who refuse to treat struggling smokers with respect. They don't want smokers anywhere near anywhere in town or apt. The designated areas were fantastic for everyone. Now those are taboo because they can taboo them. I'm angry at how others treat others.

I'd have to write a corny western ballad.... because I'm back to earth, I'm a living breathing human being again since I started vaping. Buck Owens and Dwight Yokums "How many of you can sit and judge me, here on the streets of Vaporsville.... " lol. But, hey...

I'd have to write an exciting rock and roll song, full of life and fun. Vaping all summer long lol. Because that what life is again, is fun. Even with all the other genre's still running through my veins, the rock and roll one is loud and strong. And the beat goes on.... and the vape goes on.... oh dear. Like I said, I'll just read and wait for the music to happen. You guys rock!

Thanks for everybody's input! The song has already been written, recorded, and copy protected. But everybody can still post here and I want you people to look at Scitzopretard's profile before he erases my comments.(optional)

• 3 weeks later...

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for thier comments. This was a lot of fun. Here is an update. After many days of heavy rain the Taunton River has jumped its banks and took out all the first floor studios where we reherse. We saved all the equipment but had a bit of a falling out. They say "great minds think alike" but me and Jon can't seem to agree on certain things. Keeping a band together is as hard or harder than keeping a marriage together, which is a different story all together. It looks like I won't be playing bass for Nostragarlic but I will be breathing life into my old band. It will take a while but look for LOCAL ANESTHETIC to be the one who plays the vapor talk song. The actual title has not been decided and some parts of the song can change but it is already written. I will use my alien axe for that song. other songs we play will be covers and originals. I'd like to wish Nostragarlic the best of luck. Let it be written, Local Anesthetic has come out of hybernation.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for thier comments. This was a lot of fun. Here is an update. After many days of heavy rain the Taunton River has jumped its banks and took out all the first floor studios where we reherse. We saved all the equipment but had a bit of a falling out. They say "great minds think alike" but me and Jon can't seem to agree on certain things. Keeping a band together is as hard or harder than keeping a marriage together, which is a different story all together. It looks like I won't be playing bass for Nostragarlic but I will be breathing life into my old band. It will take a while but look for LOCAL ANESTHETIC to be the one who plays the vapor talk song. The actual title has not been decided and some parts of the song can change but it is already written. I will use my alien axe for that song. other songs we play will be covers and originals. I'd like to wish Nostragarlic the best of luck. Let it be written, Local Anesthetic has come out of hybernation.

Getting a band together you can work with in the first place is hard. To find 3 to 5 (or even more in some cases) people with the same goals, the same level of commitment and all isn't easy. I know.

Even when you think you have, there's always one who thinks rehearsal is a waste of time OR OR OR. We actually had one guy come to audition for the band that by the end of the day was trying to run it. It was hilarious.

KEEPING a group together IS harder than a marriage. For one thing, there's more personalities to meld together. Other relationships can interfere as time goes on too (wife /husband/ sig other doesn't like the band) .....and on and on.

So I know exactly what ya mean. Singing with tracks online is waaaaaay easier, but you miss out on some of the things as well... the comraderie, the after the gig wind down, etc etc. :)

Your exactly right, TeriJo, and that's why I'm going to keep it a trio or a quartet. My old band had 5 members but it worked because we were all very good friends before, durring and after. I did come across a dilema though. There is a band out of Ohio going by the name "Local Anesthetic". I read that they have played together for 13 years. Coincidentally, about the same time my bassist came up for that name for us. These guys from Ohio are really good and really heavy and I won't mess with that. When us Taunton boys come out of retirement we will be sporting a new name.

Cool! I didn't know so many people here were musicians! I play guitar and sax. Unfortunately the only bands I was ever part of were jazz combos B) and a few impromptu metal sessions with friends :punk: . Would be great to jam with somebody again, it's been a few years...

Here's a haiku if you ever feel like making a sequel to that vaportalk song

Receive the flavor

Reject the leaves of poison

Fear cancer no more

Might sound good as spoken word over a walking bass, or with a tremelo effect during the bridge, might make it sound like crimson :devil: and clover :clover: lol

Your exactly right, TeriJo, and that's why I'm going to keep it a trio or a quartet. My old band had 5 members but it worked because we were all very good friends before, durring and after. I did come across a dilema though. There is a band out of Ohio going by the name "Local Anesthetic". I read that they have played together for 13 years. Coincidentally, about the same time my bassist came up for that name for us. These guys from Ohio are really good and really heavy and I won't mess with that. When us Taunton boys come out of retirement we will be sporting a new name.

Yeah I hear ya! I tole hubby if we ever do the band thing again, maybe we'll name it 3 Old Guys and a Hot Granny - but ya know.... kinda long.

Maybe Old Fartasia LMAO

I should stick to online singing, I'm obviously not good at band names LOL

lmao @ Terijo and I love that post Vapefiend! All these posts put together gives me enough ideas to compose an entire album. But I will take baby steps; a couple originals, a couple of my favorite covers and so on. This is how I keep it real and how I always look at music as fun and enjoyable not just a way to make money or get the girls. ----Why DO young women feel they have to show thier brests at us when we play? This is NOT a complaint I was just wondering. lol Did you get much of this in a Jazz band, Vapefiend? lmao

lmao @ Terijo and I love that post Vapefiend! All these posts put together gives me enough ideas to compose an entire album. But I will take baby steps; a couple originals, a couple of my favorite covers and so on. This is how I keep it real and how I always look at music as fun and enjoyable not just a way to make money or get the girls. ----Why DO young women feel they have to show thier brests at us when we play? This is NOT a complaint I was just wondering. lol Did you get much of this in a Jazz band, Vapefiend? lmao

I don't know, but I do know Hubby seems to miss it EVERY TIME. Seems like every time it happens, he's lookin down at his keyboard. (Well, so he says) LOL

I tole the guys in his band maybe they shud nudge him or somethin LMAO

Yeah I hear ya! I tole hubby if we ever do the band thing again, maybe we'll name it 3 Old Guys and a Hot Granny - but ya know.... kinda long.

Maybe Old Fartasia LMAO

I should stick to online singing, I'm obviously not good at band names LOL

lol! the originality factor is definitely a 10!

• 1 year later...

Anyone remember this thread?

Well, the bad boys from Taunton are gearing up for a summer of concerts starting in Cape Cod, MA on July 4th (private party but you are invited).

After that, who knows but one thing's for sure, we're gonna make some noise this year. The band I found myself in is called Deception and they've been around for a while and have originals and we play covers of Alice in Chains, Colective Soul, Red Hot Chile Peppers, Puddle of Mud, Bush. Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots and lots of other things that you wouldn't expect 40 to 50 year olds to play(I'm the youngest band member).

As for the Vapor Talk song, quite frankly it really sucks but I'm still working on a way to put it in even if I have to totally re-write it. If you can't make it to beautiful New England this summer I'll be sure to post a vid and who knows, mabey we'll tour the country and we'll come to you!

Vape on, Rock steady.

Nostragarlic update: John hosts open mic every Monday at Steve's Backstage pass and continues to write and perform his songs. The flood of 2010 delayed the release of his album. This is one of the last songs recorded there. I'm on the bass track but not shown on this vid.

Edited by Mike