Wood Box Ecig Thing

Unfortunately at that price it's going to be out of my range for awhile :(

But hey what's this?

One Magnum Atomizer that allows 8 Watt (5Volt Simulated) Vaping

Edit: Also noticed that their description is very vague and there's no internal picture. Wonder why they're not really pumping it up???

Edited by Brandon

YIPES! They are a bit on the pricey side but it's understandable since I'm sure they are hand made to order. Damn, they are sexy!

Since you guys were like absolutely no help at all telling me what's up with that 8-watt atty ;) I just had to go out on a limb and order one of these bad boys. I couldn't help myself - that Lacewood just turns me on.

Drew tried to describe why - I think - an 8-watt atty at 3.7V would deliver a 5V-equivalent hit, but I didn't get it, quite. I'm just taking that on faith. If it's not true, I'm really gonna be disappointed; 3.7V really doesn't quite cut it for me. This just shows how much faith I have, I guess. One might call that ... "not-a-survival-trait." We'll see, though, won't we? Drew also said that additional 8-watt attys won't be available for a week or two.

Hey Dave, thanks for taking the plunge there sir. I had the same question.

I've seen and heard of 'high volt' attys, but not this one that's meant for extra power on low volt applications. I suppose somehow the resistance is lowered to where it draws more amperage.

I've tested only 2 of my attys with my multimeter. One that was quite broken in measured about 2.7ohms and the other one (brand new) was about 3.3. I'm really curious to know how these newer high volt attys measure up in this regard, and how their performance measures up as well.

So you got the last one? Or you mean you're having to wait 1-2 weeks too?

EDIT: I'm curious to know if this new atty pulling extra amerpage would trip a protected battery's safety circuit? I'll try to find some more info in regards to the specifics of the trustfire PCBs; specifically the 14500.

Edited by Brandon

Well for some reason I can't edit my above post. No biggie.

Actually the protection circuit is based off the output voltage rather than amperage, which makes sense I suppose. A little digging found the following:

Advertised voltage cutoff: 2.75

User-Tested cutoffs: 3.1 to 3.17 (much higher than advertised)

I couldn't find any discharge graphs that tested discharge voltage over a load of 1.5amps, and I'm guessing max power output for that 8 watt atty at the max voltage of 4.2v would be 1.9amps. I'm sure a 14500 battery could handle that much current without having so much of a voltage depression that it dips down to 3.1 and trips the PCB.

If I'm accurate with Ohm's law, we're looking at a resistance of about 2.2ohms at the max 4.2v. Not actually as low as I would have guessed. But that's just derived and not advertised or tested, so who knows.

Edited by Brandon

Hey Dave, thanks for taking the plunge there sir. I had the same question.

So you got the last one? Or you mean you're having to wait 1-2 weeks too?

Actually Brandon I'm not sure if they're going to wait for attys to ship my PV, or whether extra attys are going to be a week or two but he's shipping my PV now. If I get a shipping notice I'll let you know. ;)

Edit: I got a shipping notice!!! thumbsup.gifYeeHAW!

Edited by ddavelarsen

Thanks Brandon! I can't wait to have them either... ;) I hope Mark starts down this path too, that'd be just freakin ultimate. (Sorry man, but ... I'm like just a big gray kid. I couldn't wait. :))

WTG Dave! Can't wait for review. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen those atty's anywhere around, but I would think it needs to be about 1.7 ohm to generate 8 watts at 3.7v. I have heard of mods with some type of "boster", but since they're saying it's the atty, it sound like it has a lower resistance then the regular 2.2 ohm 510.

Looks like all they've done is convert a "dugout" to a PV.

That's exactly what that WAS I will bet you anything!

That's not to say they aren't sweet looking though!!

I've seen alot of really cool inlaid ones.... this is just a couple of the many, many places you'll find them. http://www.edstnt.com/index_files/EdsTnTWoodenDugoutsOneHittersStealthPipes.htm

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/231492489/4_colorful_wooden_Dugout_D1015_.html

Edited by DAYVAPE

Wow! I've never seen these things before... They look amazing!

Too bad they're not the right size to mod them over into a PV. The craftsmanship is amazing. Especially the bamboo; that's my fav.

They come in all shapes and sizes.... :thumbsup: