Got Facial Hair? Got Condensation On That Facial Hair?

Brandon

Okay, this may sound pretty stupid but I've gotta ask... Fellas with facial hair, do you ever notice condensation on your mustache when you're vaping heavily and exhaling a lot out of your nose?

I thought I was going crazy when I first started noticing it so I tested it out, and sure enough I get a tiny bit of condensation on my mustache when exhaling out of my nose after a good long drag. Could that be b/c I'm on straight VG instead of PG? What's the deal here?

Nothing something I've had an issue with but then again I've got a "baby face." laugh.gif One thing I do notice though, if I'm vaping in my office for a while the air will feel humid. So this wouldn't surprise me at all.

I can certainly relate to the humid thing = NOT the facial hair issue.

and the vapor makes me sneeze if I am power vaping repeatedly with the room filled with vapor.

Ok - I haven't had this happen, but it sparks a question I've wondered about for a while. If it's condensing on hair upon exhale, can't it be doing this in our lungs? I've wondered if we could be slowly building up liquid in our lungs from vaping. Also, some poeple have talked about when "stealth vaping", holding it in longer so there's no vapor when you exhale. Again - if there's no vapor when you exhale, doesn't that mean the vapor has liquified in your lungs? Maybe I should start a new topic for this.

Ok - I haven't had this happen, but it sparks a question I've wondered about for a while. If it's condensing on hair upon exhale, can't it be doing this in our lungs? I've wondered if we could be slowly building up liquid in our lungs from vaping. Also, some poeple have talked about when "stealth vaping", holding it in longer so there's no vapor when you exhale. Again - if there's no vapor when you exhale, doesn't that mean the vapor has liquified in your lungs? Maybe I should start a new topic for this.

I would imagine that if the vapor was building up in our lungs in any substantial amount, most of you "veteran vapers" would have had a pretty bad case of phenomena by now.

No mustache here though...sorry.

thats an excellent question... kinda makes me worried. i know we are not putting any c02 or carcinogens in our lungs, but perhaps adding some liquid, which is never a good thing. we need to look in to this

I'm not a doctor but any water vapor that enters the lungs will be absorbed and disipated into the body. If there is water accumalation in your lungs, you have other issues. This topic has evolved into a health subject. If you wish to discuss this further I encourage you to begin a new topic in the Health & Safety Forum. :)

funny topic. now that you mention it, i had noticed it.

i caught myself vaping in my music studio last week while at the computer.

i keep a hygrometer there to monitor the humidity for the instruments.

i tried to make the reading change, but lacked the attention span to make a noticeable change.

got to try harder next time.

the fact that i noticed it in my facial hair is what got me to try though. :)

thats an excellent question... kinda makes me worried. i know we are not putting any c02 or carcinogens in our lungs, but perhaps adding some liquid, which is never a good thing. we need to look in to this

That's the one thing I don't worry about am I'm the board's devil's advocate in regards to health issues. My daughter had bad asthma, these aren't called PVs for nothing. Between the nebulizers, the vaporizors where we put a towel over the head and made her breathe nothing but vapor, and the shower we'd turn on burning hot in order to create nothing but steam, I think we're okay. All recommended by doctors. So yeah it would be interesting to find out what happens to the water vapor (I'm betting it's absorbed) I don't worry about it.

One of the videos on Todd's website mentions Brians concern. In the 1940's they tested it on monkeys (sucks, but that was then not now ok), and super over dosed them to simulate accumulated time of use... then autopsied them... and there was not one single problem anywhere. No sign. No problem. Nada.

(the video is the one where we follow the guy who starts vaping to quit analogs)

Thank you everyone for the confirmation that I'm *not* going crazy :) I appreciate that!

.....we put a towel over the head and made her breathe nothing but vapor.....

I had asthma as a kid (someone with asthma taking up analogs, smart right?) and my parents used humidifiers on me when I was bad. So yeah, from my own personal experience I can't imagine anything bad happening from excess moisture (in the form of vapor or high humidity) in your lungs, though it is a good question nonetheless.

Here's the guy with the report: http://www.youtube.c.../10/xOSlqFmGelM

Found him on Zigcigs site first.

Sean's videos were actually what got me into vaping. I was very curious about it, and when I came across his videos I watched everyone of them over the course of a couple days. The fact that a 20yr smoker turned vapor in just 1 day's time really sealed the deal for me. I need to thank him sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

lol I have a full mustache and don't have condensation yet, but now I wanna try lol..

that would be a good slogan... You know your vaping right when you have condensation on that moustache!!

well if your a male I guess :)

lol I have a full mustache and don't have condensation yet, but now I wanna try lol..

that would be a good slogan... You know your vaping right when you have condensation on that moustache!!

Well I've heard tell of some women. . . .

Slapping self and running off

Well I've heard tell of some women. . . .

Slapping self and running off

Well TeriJo, I went to high school with a girl that put all the guys to shame when it came to facial hair. Not a pretty sight :sick:

But back on topic, I'm gonna have to let my flavor saver grow back and try this out :rofl:

Edited by Rhavage